The Treaty of Eorl

4290158390_f4043d48c9_o.jpg

Assembled government members, pundits, and citizens of our beloved Bob,

I come before you as a man impressed. Impressed with the experience, honesty, and imagination shown to me by the founders of Gondor. A while ago they came to us wanting to know us better. I was more than happy to have new people to annoy talk with, and more than a little bit flattered. Through these talks we have grown close indeed.

Recently on Bob contention, arguments, trolling, and 'no u!' seems to be all the rage. This may be best exemplified in all of the missives pertaining to the TPF conflict that is so fresh in all of our memories. What can anyone do against such reckless hate? The solution, my peers, is to stay close and loyal to your friends. It is my pleasure and delight then, to present the Treaty of Eorl to you all and to welcome Gondor into the world of Bob as our newest friends.

-Bones

Preamble

In the interests of mutual security and prosperity, while recognizing the bonds of friendship and respect between the two signatories, Gondor and the Lost World do enter willingly into the following agreement.

Article One – Sovereignty

Both signatories reserve their own sovereign rights to determine their alliance policy, both internal and external. While the signatories may advise and counsel one another, they may never impede the other’s sovereignty.

Article Two – Non-Aggression

The signatories agree to refrain from any aggressive or hostile acts against one another, either militarily or politically.

Article Three – Communication

The signatories agree to address any issues between each other via private channels in a calm and respectful manner. In addition, the signatories agree to warn each other of any threats to alliance safety they may become privy to.

Article Four – Defense

An attack on one signatory is considered an attack on both, and will reap the military response of both. If a signatory is attacked by virtue of another treaty, this military assistance becomes optional. Either signatory has the option of aiding the other in aggressive military actions, but it is not obligatory.

Article Five – Cancellation

Should the relationship between the signatories no longer validate this treaty, it may be canceled by either signatory. Such a cancellation requires seventy-two hours’ notice, during which time all Articles are still in effect.

Signed,

For Gondor

His August Majesty the King, New Frontier

Royal Steward and Lord Emissary, Jaym

Lord High Treasurer, DeSouza

Lord Chancellor and Keeper of the Seals, Princess Ro

For the Lost World

Triumvirs

Bones Malone

Satsukage

Divine Proportion

Sareya - Minister of Finances