Epicurean Announcement

TailsK

flag_600.gif

Epicurean Disbandment

It is with a heavy heart that I come before you to announce that Epicurean is disbanding. We are not disbanding due to any particular event event that has transpired, rather, after playing the game for so long, Mongrel and I have decided that we simply do not have time, nor the motivation to continue running an alliance. For those of you wondering, this is the FIRST time we have disbanded, we are not the other "EPIC".

During our time leading an alliance, we've learnt a few things... Some people like to walk all over the little guys, and other people are willing to let them because it's more convenient or simply because they claim it's the way things are in the Cyberverse. While it would be naive to think a small alliance such as Epicurean could bring out a change in attitude throughout the Cyberverse, I am proud to say that during such times we stuck to our ideals and expressed our dissatisfaction with the way things were. For those of you with small alliances out there, stay true to your beliefs and don't compromise for the sake of others.

While we have only been around for 6 and a half months, we have been happy with our progress. We never set out to grow rapidly or to become a huge alliance, rather, we focused much of our effort on internal growth (both infra and technology), which we feel was successful. Many of our members were active (including on IRC) and willing to learn. For this we are proud.

Before we disband, we would also like to acknowledge the following people:

• Our loyal members who have stayed with until the end - We thank you for being part of Epicurean and wish you the best of luck in the Cyberverse.
  • Logan, USMC, Kean, Garant and Darth Pollard and the rest Tetris - You guys have been great friends of Epicurean. You have always been easy and fun to talk to, and you were willing to back us up when others weren't. We wish Tetris nothing but success in the future.
  • Xiphosis and the rest of GOD - Our first treaty was with you guys. Thank you for putting faith in us as an ally and always being there to give us advice.
  • Viridian Entente - When Epicurean decided it still needed a protector, you guys took us under your wing. The positive attitude and communication we have had with VE has been nothing short of excellent in our book. We have much respect for your alliance. To anyone out there looking to start an alliance, consider asking VE for protection.
  • Alfred von Tirpitz - We've had our differences, but you were still always there when I wanted to talk. Thank you.
  • There are many others who have also been good friends to us, but you're too many to list. Hopefully you know who you are! :)

Finally, we would like to invite our members to join either Tetris or VE as we disband. While we disband, VE will continue protecting people wearing the Epicurean AA. For this, we thank them once again.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Tailsk just about covered all my feelings in this announcement.

I'd like to thank all our members for their loyalty and devotion, I'm sorry we couldn't keep this going guys.

And I'd also like to repeat our thanks to VE, I wish we could have become friends sooner.

It's about time. I was wondering when this was going to happen.

Be more of a dick.

o/ Tails.

o/ Epic.

It's sad to see you guys go. I liked you while you lasted. Too bad we never got to well, you know. :P

ve.png

Pursuant to the spirit of our previous protectorate agreement, the Epicurean AA will remain under the protection of Viridia for a period of 30 days while its former members find new homes.

Thanks,

Impero, Duke of the Viridian Entente

Edited by Il Impero Romano