PNN: International Edition

Brenann

pnn-1.png

"She took our money, the car, the house, but she didn't take our pens."

Table of Contents:

Coordinators Address

Words from the Emperor

The United Earth Directorate--Under New Management!

Pacifica's Face gets its own Book

Pacifica Welcomes... (Imperator Emeritus Ivan Moldavi)

NPO night before Christmas

Interview with Emperor Cortath

The Order looks to 2010

Coordinators Address:

The Pacific News Network is made up of many publications in Francograd. Most notable to the International Community would be the Tabloid Tribune published by the Clerk of Pacifica, Sir Paul. This is not the only news media we have in our home and we thought that we would take a collection of articles from The Pacific Press (TPP) and the PNN Special Reports and issue them as a free magazine to the masses of Planet Bob.

The articles you will find in this publication are the everyday on goings of the Order and the members take on the international dealings of the community on Planet Bob. These are the pieces created by the Imperial Office of Media Affairs Scribes usually for release internally only. Too often we heard that no one really knows what goes on in our fair city, so starting today we are giving you a chance to see. There are Imperial Orders sitting on my desk to make this a reoccurring publication pending the outcome of our debut. Below, to kick off our first PNN: International is Emperor Cortath.

Happy Reading,

Brennan,

Coordinator

Imperial Office of Media Affairs

Words from the Emperor:

To my comrades and foreign dignitaries, we do present the International Edition of the Pacific News Network. PNN has a long and venerable tradition within the walls of the New Pacific Order, and we thought it fitting to bring to the world a news service that has reported on Pacifican events for years past and surely for years to come. Please, open the crisp pages of a newspaper hot off the press, get a little ink on your fingers, and read about the goings on in the New Pacific Order and what Pacificans think is going on abroad!

Hail the Imperial Office of Media Affairs!

The United Earth Directorate--Under New Management!

The Red Sphere has matured over the many months since the ending the War, there is no doubt to this. Recently there was a coup involving the United Earth Directorate. For those around Planet Bob who have not been in tune with the most recent happenings in Red, King Death II was the leader of the UED, a prominent Red Team Alliance.

About a week ago, the government and membership of the UED overthrew Kind Death II, and instead put into place a new, popular leader. The new leader, Wulff, took the initiative after The Destiny Project leader TimLee posted a joke topic ridiculing UED’s hole-filled charter. Wulff has since, with the help of the new government of the UED, created a new forum, IRC Channel, and Charter. In response, King Death II first attempted to disband the alliance, and after backpedaling, simply stepped down from his position of leadership within the alliance. I implore you all to visit them in #CN-UED, or http://cn-directorate.com/index.php to show your support of this new government.

With maturity come respectful differences in opinion, and in this case, the rivalry between the Red Dawn and Red Solidarity blocs. UED, a member of Solidarity, in a very immature action by King Death II forbid his alliance from using Red Dawn and New Pacific Order nations in trade circles. KOwens06, Regent of the UED, speaking on behalf of his alliance said “We wanted to work with you from the start.” Fortunately, the removal of King Death II has ended the roadblock in the process to mutual cooperation within the Red Sphere and along with it has opened the doors of opportunity; to allow nations from both blocs able to trade freely for the benefit of both, and detriment to neither.

Red Dawn, after the WF-UED war, will be sending out aid to the UED after WF has finished paying off their reparations to UED in an effort to show that the Red Sphere is united in spirit, even when the orders of others would have wanted otherwise. The rest of the world approved of this act of altruism.

As for the future, KOwens06 says, “We're hoping to move in the right direction from now on.”

Written by Necoho

The Pacific Press - A jackboot on the pulse of world events.

Proudly Part of PNN

Pacifica's Face gets its own Book

For many months, I thought Facebook was the silliest and time-wastingest thing to hit the internet since DancingBaby.com. I still hold that I'm right. Facebok is very evil. If I want to waste my time, I shouldn't be tempted by a poorly-designed site and friend requests from people I've ignored for years in real life. Violent video games and cute little flash games should rule the day - not Facebook. Unfortunately, that has not stopped me from participating. And while I constantly wish I could have some of those hours back of my life, there is at least one decent thing out there in the ethers of Facebook.com that is worth following.

I speak of course of the Hannah Montana fan page.

99zyab.jpg

Side note: Setting the language to English (Pirate) makes everything much more enjoyable

Hannah Montana is a goddess amongst Disney-manufactured pop stars. She is an incredibly interesting person with lots of fun facts about her.

Chinese Horoscope Sign: Monkey, of Water

Parents: Billy Ray Cyrus (singer/actor) and Tish Finley Cyrus

Siblings: Christopher, Braison Chance, Brandi, Trace and Noah Lindsey.

Pets: Loco and Tag (dogs), back at Nashville she's got lots more dogs, cats, horses, chickens and cows.

Hobbies: bike riding, swimming, dancing, shopping, cheerleading, singing, playing the guitar and writing music

No, Brennan, I won't lie like this.

ed-evil-dead-zombie.jpg

"Yes, you will! I command you!"

No, this is silly. Why would you even ask us to write about this? I'm going to spend my reporting time on something less jailbaity.

jab4np.jpg

Slightly less jailbaity - much more chuckly.

Recently, Emperor Cortath was converted into Fan Page form for Pacificans who spend all their time on Facebook instead of toiling in the Tech Mines. Using this tool, Emperor Cortath now has the ability to post helpful tidbits of information and links to the latest PNN article. Some (we'll call these people "losers") may question the reasoning behind such a page. It's just another way for key points of Pacifican interest can be disseminated to members.

To check it out, join, and/or chuckle at our Emperor, visit his fan page here.

The Pacific News Network is eager to see how the page is fully utilized and if Emperor Cortath will be posting any more scandalous pictures soon.

Written by Squintus

Proudly Part of PNN

Pacifica Welcomes...

On December 19th 2009 one of Cybernations’ most prolific members returns to the Halls of the Body Republic of the New Pacific Order. It was announced by Emperor Cortath that the one and only Imperator Emeritus Ivan Moldavi would again be allowed within the walls of Francograd.

Ivan Moldavi was the first Emperor of the New Pacific Order when it established itself on Planet Bob. When he retired as Emperor in Sept 2006 he was bestowed with the title of Imperator Emeritus, a designation which is held for life.

Although an Imperator Emeritus is forever a part of the New Pacific Order’s Body Republic, Ivan’s access to Francograd was temporarily suspended in April due to the Armageddon War. This was deemed necessary by the NPO as the New Sith Order lead by Moldavi supported Karma by engaging Molon Labe. As the New Pacific Order moves forward with paying reparations and other actions of restitution including the establishment of better diplomacy within Planet Bob as a whole, this development is a natural part of the course.

While the Body Republic supports its Emperor, this announcement has been met with “spirited” debate within Pacifica, as some welcomed Ivan with open arms and yet others have concerns regarding his access within Pacifica. These concerns are based on Ivan’s somewhat controversial past and also he currently is the leader of the NSO. Ivan commented himself on the debate saying “… I am under no false belief or hope that I am universally loved in these halls.”

All in all Pacifica moves forward as we continue to pay harsh terms and make hard decisions for the betterment of all our Comrades.

Written by Lord Valleo

Proudly Part of PNN

NPO night before Christmas

It was the night before Christmas, and in the NPO,

Not a creature was stirring, not even Teh Moo

Jackboots were hung from the mantle with care

With hopes that the giftman would soon be there.

Cortath was resting, asleep in his chair

Whilst flags fluttered in the night so fair.

When out in the Courtyard, arose such a clatter

he sprung from his chair, to see what was the matter

And there in the courtyard, his sleigh did appear

For narrow NPO chimneys are too small for his rear.

Clad in the colours of blue black and yellow

The NPO Giftman is a jolly old fellow!

With Black shiny jackboots (no traces of blood)

And a blue and black uniform, untouched by the mud.

The yellow stars of pacifica shone like the Sun

He unloaded his gifts, and his job was done.

He got back in his sleigh, powered by nuclear doom,

And got ready to leave for his base on the moon.

But not before yelling, as he took off into flight

“Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”

Written by Krulltopia

Proudly Part of PNN

Interview with Emperor Cortath

Today was a special day. I have been offered the chance to conduct an interview with our beloved Emperor Cortath and, even though I have no previous experience interviewing, I decided to grasp this unique opportunity to get an insight into the Imperial Office and of course the man himself. I started out quite nervous, the only suit/formal attire I own is a full suit tailored to me and given to me by The Pacific Press for official conferences and televised journalism. There's no doubt it's a good suit, but I was under the impression that something special would need to be donned for such an intimate interaction with the Emperor. Whether that was true or not, it didn't matter, because the jet sent out to Cyrene International Airport by my Francograd Liaisons had arrived and it was time to go. I lightly tapped either side of my trouser pockets to gauge whether all my usual belongings were on my person. They were, so I scurried around my house, picked up my Media Corps-issued laptop and made the small hop from my street to the airport. I arrived at the gates leading to the tarmac, showed my pass to the guard and we proceeded to the swanky jet that lay in wait for my arrival. It was a clean, very official-looking aircraft. The tail sported an excellent vibrant Franco Star which glistened in the sun. I was hurried onto the plane by the stewards who reminded me that the Emperor is a busy man and I needed to depart soon. So I took my seat, sipped on my complimentary whiskey with ice and with some maneuvering and ATC chatter, the engines roared and we departed Cyrene for an express ride to the mothercity: Francograd.

The most surprising aspect of the city when I arrived was the cleanliness and the Pacifican Efficiency that we've all come to love. Ordinarily, I would expect these things but with the draconian reparations demanded of us (and having not visited Francograd in many months) I was under the assumption that public services and public funding would've been cut drastically and the residents forced to live on bare minimums to ensure the money and technology is paid as soon as possible. I was mistaken, the people I greeted on the way out of the Airport Terminal were cheery and it certainly didn't look like the average Pacifican was suffering much as a result of the terms. As fascinating as this prosperity was, I checked my watch and my appointment with Cortath was getting closer. I briskly walked to the exit where a black sedan and a well-dressed man with a stylised card with my name on it waited. I toyed with the idea of making conversation, but I had no idea what to say without making myself look like an imbecile ("nice car you have..."). So I gave him a friendly nod and climbed into the back. We departed the airport and joined a main road, driving along at a steady 40mph, we passed under the Arch of Triumph and proceeded directly to the Body Republic.

Arriving at the main gate, our sedan pulled up to the security checkpoint where the burly gentlemen stationed there scanned my drivers pass and checked under the car and inside the boot for suspicious items. He asked me where my pass was, I started to speak but forgot to clear my throat first, which meant what followed out of my mouth was something like CUFJILPHD! Embarrassed, I cleared my throat, artificially deepened my voice and said I was here to interview the Emperor. The look on his face said it all, he didn't believe me. Then again, I wouldn't believe me either. Regardless, he picked up the phone and then after a short time he cuffed the mouthpiece and asked me for my name. I said Speer, and he returned to his conversation. After a short time, he finished with "Yes sir." and opened the gate. I don't know how I got in, I would've whisked me away upon arrival. We arrived at the grand doors, so I exited the car, ensured my shirt was tucked in and I was at least semi-presentable. I moved towards the huge reception desk where an old man stood there. Before I could say anything, he asked me for my pass, scanned it, and pointed me to the first floor, East corridor. I was getting nervous now.

As I walked down the corridor, I passed a large room with a door that was left slightly ajar. Inside, I could see all the Imperial Officers partaking in a meeting. UmbraeNoctem caught my eye through the gap and he clicked his fingers and pointed at me, and at that point I needed some new trousers. Thankfully, the door slamed shut and I moved away before he had a chance to think about investigating my snooping ways. Finally, I arrived at the Emperor's office. I knocked on and he opened up, glanced at my pass and said "Welcome Comrade!" in a somewhat elated way. I began to regurgitate something I wrote earlier about my heartfelt appreciation of him agreeing to interview me, but he stopped me and insisted I had a drink. How could I refuse such an offer? He generously poured us each a glass, passed a glass to me, and then raised one. "To Pacifica." he said. I smiled, nodded and after he sat down I opened my laptop. For an Emperor, there was surprisingly little paperwork on his desk...

First off, let me say thank you for agreeing to partake in this interview. I hope it doesn't impact too greatly on your busy schedule running the alliance!

I can always make time for the Pacific Press, Comrade. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to speak to the people.

So, almost 3 months after your appointment, how are you finding the job?

It's a very difficult position. There is a lot to do in the New Pacific Order. We have more than six hundred and fifty members, and managing the affairs of an alliance this large is no easy task in good times, but during this period of reparations and rebuilding, it requires every Pacifican, from the Emperor to your squadmates to rededicate ourselves to our duties and to Pacifica.

Let's talk about the future. As 2009 draws to a close and we usher in a new era, what can we expect to see in 2010?

We will exit terms in 2010, and I expect nothing but fantastic growth such as the world has never seen combined with a renewal of a cautious strength and our foreign presence.

On the subject of terms, they will stretch into next year, are you happy with the progress made and the resilience of the Body Republic in paying them off?

Yes, I'm happy with the progress. We did not think it would be easy, nor would it be swift, but it would be done. I think the recent efforts by High Command to achieve a higher participation rate of the 1K+ nations, in addition with the expulsion of non-compliant nations will speed things up.

There has been a hefty amount of staff shuffling and changes, are you pleased with how the new members of the Imperial Staff and other Leadership Positions have been performing?

I'm very happy. It's unfortunate when comrades have to retire, but retire they do. I've been very pleased with the performances of the newer Imperial Officers: Brehon, Bakamitai, and JesseEnd.

Since the Armageddon War, we've undergone a large amount of internal changes. It has certainly changed the way we look, are you happy with this direction Pacifica is taking and can we expect more shakeups in 2010?

I'm very happy. Regarding 2010, I'm certain there will be changes. I cannot predict the future, but I know that the future holds great promise for Pacifica as she adapts and evolves continually.

What has been the most rewarding aspect of reigning as Emperor so far?

Being able to speak to my Comrades. It's amazing how many good ideas people come up with, and the incredible membership base that we have.

Is there anything else you wish to add about our future?

I am always amazed by Pacifica resilience in the face of adversity and it is always those adversities and challenges that have made us stronger, and the greatest alliance in the world. I believe this will continue as we evolve.

One last question, do you ever intend to learn the proper bone order of a human skeleton?

No.

Thank you for your answers, Comrade Emperor, and Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

Thank you, Comrade. To you as well!

I shook the mans hand, and after we had a brief chat about his office and the glorious building we were in, I left and thanked him again for taking part. All the way down the corridor, I had a smile on my face as I reflected on how down to earth a man of such power could be. I continued to make my way, and then came to the door that was previously left ajar during an Imperial Meeting. I skipped past the door as quick as I could, just incase. I waved goodbye to the old receptionist, got into another sedan and departed the magnificent Body Republic hall. As we drove down the road, the heavens opened and the rain poured. As the pitter-patter of the rain drops tickled the backseat window, I gazed out and reflected on the amazing city I was in and the amazing man I had just met.

My experiences there, although brief, reaffirmed the truth that Pacifica WILL Prevail, and always will and it's because of people like Cortath and Comrades alike that make this so.

o/

Written by Speer

Proudly Part of PNN

The Order looks to 2010

Traditions and Superstitions from The Past

There are a number of superstitious New Year's traditions that began many years ago on Planet Earth that have lost their meaning in present day on Planet Bob. Typically these traditions were enacted to influence the luck one would have in the coming year. For example, it's common for us to kiss our loved ones and make lots of noise to celebrate the beginning of a new year. While most of us just do this without really thinking about it, there is a superstitious reason behind this. Long ago on Planet Earth, people kissed each other to ensure that their relationship lasted for the rest of the year and made lots of noise as they believed it would scare the evil spirits away.

NPO's New Year's Resolutions - A Foreword

In any alliance of size, there are many a diverse bent of mind that leads to resolutions 'phrased' a particular way. Pacificans are no different than any other large alliance. There are those who would have us meet the New Year remembering the words spoken on Planet Earth in years past. There are those who look to the next year remembering the recent past. Some would hope for peaceful cooperation among alliances, some would hope to overpower all other alliances. Some are deadly serious in their humor; some are humorous and anything but deadly serious. Certain resolutions make much sense, certain resolutions make no sense. And a few wish for things personal and applicable to any member of any alliance anywhere, any time... or not.

That said, we the NPO resolve for 2010...

NPO's New Year's Resolutions

"Tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of your time."

"Remember it is "Not by strength, not by power, but by spirit..."

"Like the mountain, be still and unmoving, waiting for the right moment..."

calvin_resolutions.png

"Be VERY careful where you place your trust in allies..."

"Build Loyalty."

"Go on your way with an open heart, but a guarded back."

"Be neither too trusting, nor too aggressive."

"10,000 Nuclear Weapons Strong, a worthy goal."

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

"See the sun rise, tomorrow -- remember, I am the F.O.G."

"Remember we achieve through "Unity, self determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith"

"Try to stay sane on very little sleep"

"Kick some $@! across the galaxy of life."

"Simply put: I want nukes, as does everyone else."

"Funny, I told MilCom exactly a year ago that my 2008 New Year's Resolution was to obtain nuclear weapons. He replied that I would get it in 5-6 months if I paid attention to the growth of my nation. 4 months after that day, goddamn Karma War blew up."

"Learn how to bake muffins."

"Pixels do matter, but not the ones on your nation page. The pixels of the words of your Comrades, those are the pixels that matter."

"Be a kinder, gentler person"

"RL: Get in shape. Get a job. CN: 14k infra/5k tech/3k land."

"Destroy all biscuits. That is all."

Written by Walt Schmidt

Proudly Part of PNN

This concludes this International edition of the PNN, I hope that you enjoyed your time with our articles.

I'm a visual person so pictures aren't a bad idea, but what I really missed in this post were concepts and thought-provokers. It was bland.

Sometimes it is better to keep things light. Besides speaking of "bland" we really didn't want to detract attention from your DoW on TPF.

Sometimes it is better to keep things light. Besides speaking of "bland" we really didn't want to detract attention from your DoW on TPF.

Aye, we scalawags wouldn't want to take away the spotlight from the new hegemony. I agree pirate language is a good idea.

Edited by applesauce59

I'm a visual person so pictures aren't a bad idea, but what I really missed in this post were concepts and thought-provokers. It was bland.

Don't you mean pot stirring and drama? I would have thought you would be sated by now.