An announcement from ADI

In the beginning stages of ADI's development, RoK was there for us. Like a big brother, they gave us guidance and they protected us. We at ADI feel deeply indebted to our brothers at Ragnarok. When this whole situation developed, we saw the CB and we voiced our support for Ragnarok. We have brothers on the other side of this however. Our brothers on the other side are also likely to suffer immense damage, which may crush them for a great and long time.

ADI is a typical democracy, but in times of war, the Lord High Sentinel assumes all authority, and this decision that I am about to make is my decision, and it is being made with ADI's membership and allies in mind. It is truly the most difficult decision that I've ever needed to make. For anyone that thinks running an alliance is easy- it is not. This is one of the worst parts of running an alliance and making decisions.

As things have developed, ADI has noticed that what was once an airtight CB is becoming shaky. We were also told in the beginning that our friends at FEAR would not be involved with this. Due to a blunder by me personally, I did not investigate. I took RoK for their word, and TPF had a MADP with FEAR that I soon found out about. This puts ADI in a huge conflict of interest in which we have needed to choose.

RoK claims that ADI must defend them, however, since RoK made the first move, this falls under Optional Aggression. In order for me to make a Declaration of War in favor of RoK, I need to see more reason to do so. FEAR attempted to have ADI mediate between the two sides, and RoK did not want to come to the table. ADI will continue to offer themselves as an unbiased mediator.

Should RoK make a true and real attempt to negotiate terms with TPF and company, and those talks fail, it will be at that point that ADI will defend RoK to the death. However, without such an attempt at diplomacy over the matter, ADI will not get involved on either side of the conflict. We cannot support wiping out an entire group of alliances over a personal vendetta. It goes against what we stand for. It is why we gave peace to TDO and did not go to war. It is the same reason that we will sit this one out unless diplomacy fails.

I would like no hard feelings with RoK- we still owe you a LOT, and you are still our brethren. I just cannot, in good conscience support this. I've been going back and forth over this for the past two days, and I really didn't want to be a disappointment to RoK. However, I also do not want to be a disappointment to my own members. They've been asking questions lately that I cannot give solid answers to. I cannot ignore their concerns. Their concerns are my concerns as well.

Should RoK wish to mediate with TPF, ADI will be there to help. We wish to be there first hand to see if TPF is as stubborn as the claims people make indicate. If that is the case, ADI will have a just and true reason to go to war. But at the moment, we do not. I know this decision will be met with skepticism and many will begin to flame on this thread. That's fine. I don't care what people think of me- I only care what I know to be true and just.

Signed for the Aqua Defense Initiative,

Lord High Sentinel John Warbuck

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RoK claims that ADI must defend them, however, since RoK made the first move, this falls under Optional Aggression. In order for me to make a Declaration of War in favor of RoK, I need to see more reason to do so.

Lord High Sentinel John Warbuck

Well, no. Unless your treaty has a non chaining clause, you 100% have to defend them should they come under attack. Say whatever you want, the real reason your posting this is your scared.

Well, no. Unless your treaty has a non chaining clause, you 100% have to defend them should they come under attack. Say whatever you want, the real reason your posting this is your scared.

Are you kidding me? It took a pair of steel to stand up for what they believe in, instead of just falling in line with RoK.