Funeral for a generalissimo

Generalissimo

Saint Paul City Wasteland, Saint Paul Island, December 17

On day surprisingly warm and sunny for the otherwise frigid Bering winter everyone in Procinctia was on Saint Paul Island, it was the first time since *that* war that any of them (save for one) had been to Saint Paul City. All of Procinctia is in audience, to pay their respect, to say goodbye. It wasn’t just the citizens of Procinctia, whether curiosity or reverence, people from around the world came to see for themselves. Tens maybe hundreds of thousands of people found themselves in the relatively recently decontaminated wasteland.

Generalissimo had gone missing in Arctic waters, while searching for Queen Cybil who had vanished in Arctic waters, more than a month passed and Generalissimo was declared dead. While many refused to acknowledge Generalissimo’s could be lost so easily to the Arctic, but accepted some sort of closure was necessary.

A funeral was to be held, even without a body, in the same wasteland where Generalissimo survived so long alone. In front of a large picture of Generalissimo a podium was erected on the highest pile of rubble, connected to speakers set up throughout the island, so anyone on in attendance could hear whoever was speaking.

begins to play over the speakers as the memorial service begins.

Attired in her usual school uniform Liska Atka, formerly acting generalissimo of Procinctia, approached the podium, “I knew Generalissimo as well as anyone else, so it’s only fair I start.

We never knew Generalissimo’s name, but that’s not important, because he was to us – and will forever be remembered as Generalissimo.

I have more, but are others who have something to say, it’s only fair they have their piece. . .”

Generalissimo.jpg

A picture immortalizing Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia

Rubble.jpg

Saint Paul City Wasteland, as somber place for a funeral

Edited by Generalissimo

Out of Character Information

This thread is open anyone has anything to say about Generalissimo, it’s open microphone. This thread concerns Generalissimo’s funeral only, anything said (in or out of character) must be said at Generalissimo’s funeral.

Edited by Generalissimo

Gen. Mahesh Varma, Commander of Royal Cochin Defense Forces, was sent as Cochin's representative to express condolences at Generalissimo's funeral. The wizened soldier laid a flower wreath in front of Generalissimo's picture, saluted smartly, turned about and took his seat. He would not be making any statements.

"Cyneriice Northan grieves along with her northern brothers and sisters for this incredible loss. It was because of our Queen that Generalissimo was lost, and thus, we bow our heads, grateful for his help, but saddened at the role played in the loss of a great leader. We send our condolences."

- Queen Selena of House Rosario

- = = = -

A huge wreath, the frame made of reindeer antlers, decorated in various Arctic fauna and bird feathers, would be placed under the picture by a few of Cyneriice Northan's highest ranking officers. They would say nothing, but bow their heads in respect instead, and return to their seats without a word.

The ex-reporter from the previous Proctinia press conference attended. "Generalissimo is still alive and still out there. If he can survive in this craphole, he will definitely survive in the Arctic.

"That being said, Liska, will you marry me now?"

Edited by KingChris

"Come now, he wouldn't want us acting all serious, even at his funeral, would he?"

Theodore Jameson smiled a little at the memories. Westly Davies was also in attendance, and he placed the box of cigars he'd purchased from Generalissimo so long ago in front of the picture, along with the other oibjects placed there.

"I'd put a hat there too, but I'm afraid I don't have one of those..."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Sergent Meyer Yussel, leader of the search team came to the funeral. He had a bushy beard and his face was covered in frostbite from weeks in the Arctic. "Me and 20 others searched day and night for poor Generalissimo. We found many clues," he said, laying an olive green piece of fabric, believed to be part of Generalissimo's uniform, on the gravesite, "but we found only dead ends. While Generalissimo may still be out there, trekking the snow and eating baby polar bears, he is in God's hands now."

Back in the Arctic, the team would conduct a final flyover for any clues, and then would head home.

Generalissimo was crazy. But he was "crazy like a fox." Sure he may have thought that the Black Hand, ninjas, and Kaiser Martens were all out to get him, but then again, what leader doesn't have a few quirks in this nutty world of ours? His country had been leveled, who could blame him? The man was noble, cared for his country, only wanted the best for his citizens. In honor of his contribution to the global community, the Eggman Empire will give Procinctia $10M in aid to help rebuild. A pittance unfortunately, but it is all we can give at the moment. Perhaps if others follow our suit, Procinctia will have enough money to finally rebuild.

In honor of Generalissimo's personal memory, we are sending Ms. Liska a bottle of his favorite liquor and cigars, which she will empty over his grave and a wreath made from the forests in the Qaanaaq mountain region. Avita Karnikov; Head Minister of Medicine and Science in the Eggman Empire, will personally deliver these gifts.

The Margrave Khendon, rumored to have died himself, appeared in disguise, while an official representative from the Marchar spoke on behalf of Luis De Luit:

"The whole of Australia mourns this day; the man who has passed from this life today was a great man, a truly noble man. The Entire Australian nation weeps."

Margrave, very quietly:

"The crazy old loon is just as dead as I am. Maybe he decided to make the most of his years and get out of the business...if he did, more power to him."

Karl Verteidiger (Highbuzz) wishes to attend but didn't know how it would be looked at and decided until it was okay'd he just said "A fierce, fascinating opponent. For sure. One of the few Procinctian government officials to live through the Dolphin Wars."