A Joint Notice from The Orange Defense Network, The International, and The Resistance

ano4.png

Good evening Planet Bob,

Through our respective internal procedures, the Orange Defense Network, The International, and The Resistance have voted to withdraw our signatures from the Citrus Accords, thus initiating the five day withdrawal period.

Cooperation between orange alliances remains a goal for which we all aspire. However, it has become clear to us that the Orange Unity Treaty is not the means through which this end may be achieved. The Citrus Accords are structured in such a way that any transformation into a reasonably functional organization is nigh impossible, requiring the cooperation of a large and diverse group of alliances with similarly diverse motives and aspirations.

We bear no ill will toward those that wish to remain signatories of the Orange Unity Treaty and wish them the very best in moving forward as a bloc. Furthermore, we look forward to engaging in relations with other orange alliances in an extra-Orange Unity environment.

Hail the Orange Defense Network!

Hail The Resistance!

Forward the International!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how I feel about some of these alliances, I can't say I'm happy to see this.

I guess good luck with what you think is the new direction in which orange alliances can cooperate better, whatever that is. You know where we are.

I was around at the creation of OUT, and involved early on in building it up. It pained me to have to vote for leaving it. It was a great achievement and a milestone in the politics of Planet Bob. But in my judgment and the judgment of the ODN Senate, and the decision-making bodies of our comrades in The International and The Resistance, it no longer serves the interests of the Orange Sphere, or of the alliances leaving it. Let us work to find other ways to help the sphere prosper.

OUT clearly wasn't working for us. While there were times that opinions were polar opposites, there were also some good times in OUT where we actually all agreed on things. I'm not really sad to see the ODN leave OUT. It just feels weird that we are no longer a part of it. Perhaps sometime in the future the Orange Team can come together as a whole team once again. o/

Edited by soccerbum879