FOK announcements

Tromp

300px-Fokflag.png

FOK Announcement

We at FOK are an ever changing entity. Recently a new government has been elected, and with that some changes occurred.

The FOK department of Foreign Affairs was not excluded from these changes, and thus we will hereby announce the following:

Alliances may request an embassy at our forum when you have 30 members or more. All existing embassies will be checked for activity, and those that have been inactive for over 2 months will be archived, diplomats taken away their masks.

Inactive diplomats have 2 weeks to come and say hi and pump some living into their embassies, so please visit us here!

As for our treaties, we have decided to take a slightly different approach. Treaties should be only reaffirming of already existing ties. These bonds change over time and with that a treaty doesn't always reflect the exisiting relationship between the signatories. It is then that a treaty should be cancelled. With that in mind the cancellation periods have expired for the following treaties and are considered to be null and void as of now:

• OUT: The Orange Unity Treaty is ancient, and that's pretty much the only reason a lot of alliances still honour it. It is inactive, bureaucratic and we lack coorporation to fix it all. We see no future for us in it any more. It must be noted though that after the Karma war ended, we have all tried to restore OUT back to it's former glory. A special shoutout to DVDCCHN, NeCoHo, KingLC, GuardianofNewbs and Begovic for putting a lot of effort into this project. Unfortunately, it has not become what we all wanted it to be. And so FOK is leaving OUT, but I reassure you that the Orange spirit is still strong with us. Godspeed to you all, may the Orange Team prosper!
  • MHA: Unfortunately communication has dropped for a while, with some of the more to us familiar faces leaving you. Of course this is a two way street, and as such we take part of the guilt. We still have a lot of mutual friends and allies, so I'm sure that if we can ever reach that level of friendship as we had at the time when this treaty was signed, we will welcome you with open arms.
    Here's a sad song in a Vogon dialect from FOK to MHA (pretty offkey too):
    Over every weird Rigglybiggly Refridgeree
    Smell the smell as argled to thee
    Ducklingheads red with tripleX-liness my Fanglidorms
    Simbling, as ever smelled told you so
    Oh it's over Triddler's friend: cry things wet
    Earwad puckle springs the whatever I just said.
  • IRON: We have been allies for a while, but have we been true friends as well? IRON and FOK have been on very different sides for most of the time in our history. We feel our alliances do not share enough common ground to keep the treaty. The only friend and ally we share, is TOP. Luckely communication was good after the Karma war, and as such we will continue to coorporate with you to make the Orange Team even more succesful.

With special regards of ebil kebab tyrant Harry. :P

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I told FOK leadership, we have no animosity toward the cancellation of our treaty and wish all of you well in the future. I will say that I am horrified by your song choice, though.

Anyway, good luck to you all over at FOK, I'm sure we'll see eachother around this big ole playground we all call Bob.

Oh nooz :|

/me runs to the R&R embassy to revive it :P

It's a shame to see you guys cancelling the IRON treaty, while it's true that they are mostly on a different side we have found out that they can be great friends. Just wish some more of our allies had the same experience with them.

0/ DVDCCHN, NeCoHo, KingLC, GuardianofNewbs and Begovic I can only imagine how much is blows for you all to see OUT erode like this :(

Only one thing I think a bit strange is the 30 members minimum for an embassy, there are some great alliances out there with less members I think.

0/ FOK

0/ IRON

0/ MHA

07 OUT, may you rest in peace

As I told FOK leadership, we have no animosity toward the cancellation of our treaty and wish all of you well in the future. I will say that I am horrified by your song choice, though.

Anyway, good luck to you all over at FOK, I'm sure we'll see eachother around this big ole playground we all call Bob.

Same wished go out from FOK to MHA.

We just weren't as close anymore as we used to be. I still like you guys alot tho :wub:

As an alliance that has been doing this a lot lately we at ODN know very well how difficult is to cancel treaties, even when it is the right thing to do. That being said, I wish you all the luck with this moves and I hope everything goes smoothly with your former allies.