The Ornithorhynchidae Accords

Dr. Dan

The Platypus decided to forsake its solitary nature and get a Family:

topflagnt2.png

familybanner4.png

The Ornithorhynchidae Accords

Article One: Non-Aggression

I. The signatories of this pact pledge to not commit any act of espionage, attack or other malicious action upon each other.

II. If disagreements between the signatories arise, they pledge their commitment to solving these disagreements through private communications via normal government channels, and debate matters responsibly. Any such discussions will be kept private between the signatories.

Article Two: Cooperation

I. The signatories of this pact pledge to cooperate and help each other during peace-time where possible. This shall include but is not limited to technical information, mutually beneficial trading, organizational assistance and diplomatic support.

II. Either signatory may request monetary aid from the other signatory at any time. Neither signatory is obligated to grant such a request, however they are encouraged to unless they are either unable to grant it, or they feel that fulfilling the request would defy the spirit of the treaty.

III. The signatories of this pact pledge that any information regarding a threat to, or possible attack upon, either signatory is required to be shared between the signatories immediately.

Article Three: Defence

I. If either signatory of this pact is attacked by a third party, they may request support from the other signatory. This assistance is not mandatory, however it is encouraged that assistance is provided upon such a request.

II. Once a request for assistance is lodged, the other signatory will decide whether or not to grant the request, inform the requesting signatory of this decision and act upon it within a reasonable amount of time.

Article Five: Revision and Termination

I. This pact may be amended at any time and in any way with the express consent of both signatories via their respective representatives.

II. This pact may be terminated at the desire of either signatory. The terminating signatory must inform the other signatory with a clear explanation of their justification privately. Upon this notice of cancellation, the treaty shall remain in effect for a forty eight hour period, followed by a one hundred and twenty hour non-aggression period during which neither signatory may attack the other.

Signed for the Order of the Paradox,

Johan, God of Thunder and Rock'n'Roll

Dr. Dan, Grandmaster

Kiss Goodbye, Grand Chancellor

Liquid Mercury, Grand Hospitaller

For The Family,

Bomber66, Godfather

claphamsa, Underboss

Lord Ditka, Consigliere

Boss of Internal Affairs, BlackjackCF

Boss of Foreign Affairs, MrSonny

Boss of War, Andrewbw

Capos; PatBrown1413, Madame Unicorn, FectaSupreme, Kewlleo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a rather pointless treaty, considering you already had the option to defend this alliance if you so chose.

But now we can cooperate with them during peace time as well.

Glad to see this signed, The Family are good fellas.

Edited by Joe Kremlin

But now we can cooperate with them during peace time as well.

Good to see this signed, The Family are good fellas.

You were already capable of cooperating with them during peace time, and it was no secret to the world that the Family was friendly with TOP, hence there is no reason to make your friendship public as it is already common knowledge. So, my point stands. This treaty is utterly worthless and changes nothing.

You were already capable of cooperating with them during peace time, and it was no secret to the world that the Family was friendly with TOP, hence there is no reason to make your friendship public as it is already common knowledge. So, my point stands. This treaty is utterly worthless and changes nothing.

It changes the legal definition of defending tF/TOP from "friendship" to "treaty activation".

Perhaps the same could be said of all treaties.

We just like the worthless text part.

But... without a treaty we can't use fancy words like "casus foederis" if the Family is attacked. I like fancy words... LOL colors