Missiles over Mandalore

Biohazard

OOC: Copied from Sarah's thread:

The missile was shot down by defenses before it could do any damage. Be glad we aren't firing cruise missiles back. This will be addressed.

You know, we were greatly sorry for the incident. We had even gone so far as to set up a relief fund for misplaced Mandalorian citizens. Your arrogance shows your true colors.

<\Classified\Military\MISCOMM {Missile Command}>

40 additional missiles were ordered to aim at the Mandalorian capital, and known military ports and centers within Mandalore. The go-ahead was given by HIGHCOMM General, Joe Nomura. 40 missiles left their silos, and streaked across the sky towards their targets.

<\Public\Communique\Mandalore>

We are not sorry for this. We will not give your gift to someone else. We will give you a refund if you so desire.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Copied from Sarah's thread:

You know, we were greatly sorry for the incident. We had even gone so far as to set up a relief fund for misplaced Mandalorian citizens. Your arrogance shows your true colors.

<\Classified\Military\MISCOMM {Missile Command}>

40 additional missiles were ordered to aim at the Mandalorian capital, and known military ports and centers within Mandalore. The go-ahead was given by HIGHCOMM General, Joe Nomura. 40 missiles left their silos, and streaked across the sky towards their targets.

<\Public\Communique\Mandalore>

We are not sorry for this. We will not give your gift to someone else. We will give you a refund if you so desire.

Furon truly is ruled by idiots. While your missiles are being shot down, I'm sure the community of the world at large will condemn your actions. It has been very eye-opening knowing you.

Furon truly is ruled by idiots. While your missiles are being shot down, I'm sure the community of the world at large will condemn your actions. It has been very eye-opening knowing you.

OOC: You shot down 40 missiles? No. Not even remotely possible for a nation of your size. I can understand shooting down 5-10, (at the most, 15), but not all 40.

President James was reading the local Mekkah newspaper in his office. He looked up from his paper and saw on the television screen a news report about missiles fired at Mandalore. He thought to himself "meh" and went back to reading more important news.

OOC: You shot down 40 missiles? No. Not even remotely possible for a nation of your size. I can understand shooting down 5-10, (at the most, 15), but not all 40.

OOC: I shot down several, i never said all. Plus, I would think Nod detectors would see the missiles and shoot them down as well, if they say they did.

OOC: I shot down several, i never said all. Plus, I would think Nod detectors would see the missiles and shoot them down as well, if they say they did.

OOC: One: he doesn't even know you were hit yet.

Two: You have to RP damages still.

Three: It's not going to shoot down all the missiles. 60-75% are going to get through.

President Obama was reading the local Carthage newspaper in his office. He looked up from his paper and saw on the television screen a news report about missiles fired at Mandalore. He thought to himself "meh" and went back to reading more important news.

Edited by Sargun

United Mechodamian States Public Announcement

To the nation of Furon: we strongly encourage you to stand down your missiles. If you do not, they will be promptly shot down by our local missile defense systems within range of the Mandalore capitol. If you continue to pursue this venture of killing a nation with no available military, the United Mechodamian States will be forced to intervene. Our intervention will repay Furon in kind with the damages incurred by the civilians of Mandalore. This is not an ultimatum, this is a statement of definite response should your missiles actively target non-military civilians in a non-war.

Prime Minister Lavo Shalam was reading the local Yerushalayim newspaper in his office. He looked up from his paper and saw on the television screen a news report about missiles fired at Mandalore. He thought to himself "meh" and went back to reading more important news.

President Lyndon Johnson was reading the local Boston Journal newspaper in his office. He looked up from his paper and saw on the television screen a news report about missiles fired at Mandalore. He thought to himself "meh" and went back to reading more important news.

President Lyndon Johnson was reading the local Boston Journal newspaper in his office. He looked up from his paper and saw on the television screen a news report about missiles fired at Mandalore. He thought to himself "meh" and went back to reading more important news.

OOC: Get on IRC.

Also, Jed, in the words of Shakespeare (if you're on IRC...)

+1

The Vatican strongly condemns the use of force against any nation. We strongly urge Catholics in all nations to urge an immediate ceasefire to allow diplomacy and dialogue to resume. We further request that avowedly Catholic nations not involve themselves in the affairs of this matter.

//private//

The ship, flying a People's Republic of China flag and markings and with uniforms that were designed very similarly to PRC uniforms, stopped in international waters and launched the missiles. Once all thirty-six were launched, aimed at major population centers (but not anywhere near where any UMS official was), the ship exploded in a fury with planned detonations but the PRC flag and markings could easily be seen and found in the water. The uniforms were too burned to tell the difference between a normal PRC uniform and the modified.

"36 missiles were shot down by UMS missiles in another attack, this time attributed to a PRC ship near Mandalorian waters.

The ship will be destroyed. This act is nothing less than attempted murder."

OOC: @Lu, this is Africa dude

IC: We don't suspect Carthage, but we do need to investigate the matter.

Edited by Nagato the Great

OOC: Well, that is quite peachy...

IC:

[Private]

Satellites immediately picked up on the missiles and counter-measures were launched accordingly. Missile silos East-Delta and East-Alpha launched a salvo of anti-missile missiles toward the incoming missiles. All missile silos were put on high alert, placing BrahMos II Hypersonic cruise missiles on standby mode for clearance to launch.

On a large screen in the war room the launched missiles were shown. The anti-missile missiles, due to strategic positioning, were able to encompass Mandalore before the cruise missiles from the ship off of Socotra in international waters were able to make land-fall. One by one the missiles fell of the screen. All of the missiles were successfully destroyed before they could hit any Mandalorian cities, but the damage was already done.

Satellite imaging revealed that the ship was of PRC origin. Aircraft teams have already been deployed to survey the region of the ship for any further evidence of this accusation. No public statement would be released as of yet.

Caretaker Bob was reading the local Buenos Aires Times newspaper in the lounge. He looked up from his paper and saw on the television screen a news report about missiles fired at Mandalore. He thought to himself "meh" and went back to reading more important news.