Generalissimo’s Observation

Generalissimo

In the ruins of Saint George City Generalissimo has called one more press conference, this time in the name of Science; more specifically regarding some sort of Procinctian scientific discovery, but it was hard to see what could possibly be discovered in this husk of a city. The usual press types and an unusually high percentage of scientists were invited, yet nothing regarding what was to be announced.

Generalissimo stands behind a podium next to a bullet-ridden car visibly holding a copy of Steven Hawking’s ‘A Brief History of Time’.

"I don’t know how or why but somehow political geography somehow directly the passage of time.

The following is a recording of an early conversation regarding my coming to terms with previously unrealized temporal realities.

I would like to inquire further into your years of relative isolation in what was Saint Paul City.
”You said years as in plural, I was in the Saint Paul City Wasteland for a year, one year; the second Republic-Procintia War took place in 2008, it’s 2009 today, right? Everyone’s acting like decades have passed but it’s only been a year.

This might sound a little off, but I’ve been having a serious problem with time recently.

I was talking with Nadine the other day and it seems she’s sixteen years old now, but I was at the christening of her birth only a few months ago, I haven’t aged a day but little Nadine is already a teenager? Either I’m losing it or they grew Nadine in a vat, but the scary thing is no one else has noticed and not a single other person is bothered by this oddity.

Unless time somehow passes differently for me, kind of like how Kaiser Martens is a. . . oh, that might be classified. Please disregard anything indicating the possibility of Marten's being immortal.

Botha and I likely share the same sense of time, but every time I talk to Sarah she talks like it’s been longer than it has actually been, and for her it actually might have been considering she seems to have lived most of her life in my year of isolation. It’s not just Sarah or Nadine, most of world. . . I just don't know anymore.”

That’s trippy isn’t it? At the time I was beginning to doubt my sanity, however, further observations have verified my findings.

I was at Nadine’s Christening, three months thereafter she was a sixteen-year-old girl. . . this wasn’t the first or last time I realized this sort of irregularity. For example in the time it has taken to reestablish, destroy, and rebuild Singapore my sixteen-year-old Assistant/Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs is still in the same semester of High School and hasn’t physically aged a day.

Through extended observation, research, and study I have come to the conclusion time is relative to political boundaries - and not in an irrelevant quantum sense. To clarify I present a scientific observation of geographic-temporal-relations, I call it Generalissimo’s Observation.

Generalissimo’s Observation: Time passes differently in accordance with cartographic boundaries.

If anyone has anything to add or comment feel free to speak up, although I strongly recommend identifying yourself first.

I have additional obersvations once we've covered the current material.

Generalissimo-1.jpg

Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia

DestroyedCity.jpg

Ruins of Saint George City, Saint George Island

Out of Character Warning: Out of Character conversations regarding relative timescales are prohibited in CNRP, therefore all conversations regarding relative timescales in CNRP must remain in character.

Edited by Generalissimo

Molakia has noticed this issue with Tintagyl aswell. While she seems to age rather quickly, Our Tsarina (who was of the same age as her when they first met, at 27) has only recently turned 28. Also, Antonev Frolov, the Traitorous cur that followed Martens and Alexei Romanov, seemed to age rather slowly while in Germania (our term for Central Europe) but aged even SLOWER in Molakia.

Our Scientist are baffled at this. Our scholars are rather annoyed aswell, finding it hard to date things when its October 1st 2009 in one country and May 10th 2010 in another.

"but that’s just scratching the surface.

Here are a few miscellaneous observations leading to my next line of inquiry. . .

Individuals from regions of different relative times can communicate and associate as if operating on the same temporal alignment.

Those in battle usually experience time similarly.

Relative time changes with political boundaries.

People don’t notice geographic-time variation, even when supplied with sufficient evidence.

Time will pass in accordance to political boundary regardless of physical geography.

Therefore it seems time is either variable to political boundaries or political boundaries are variable to time."

Martin Puño, a leading temporal expert in Selenarctos, had this to say on the subject:

I am inclined to attribute the appearance differing times scales on the environment in which time is observed. I know from experience, working in downtown Manila and owning a vacation house in a remote area of northern Luzon, that time seems to pass slower in the countryside. The lowered stress, relaxing atmosphere and general down-to-earth feel all cause time to slow where as in the bustle of a large city, it seems to fly by. And who of us, even on the opposite side of the world, haven't heard of a New York Minute?

I'm currently writing a paper examining this phenomenon on a country-wide basis and analyzing it's effects on worker productivity and GDP so I can't say too much more on the subject, but I'd be more than happy to send a copy to Generalissimo once it's published.

Edited by iKrolm

God: Generalissimo, you just won existing. Your gift basket is waiting at the door, it contains enternal life, the meaning thereof, two cheese spreads, the key to eternal knowledge, and a hotplate. You earned it... Especially the hotplate.
Thank you, but you’ll find I’ve just gotten started. . . this is only the beginning, of something [b]! ! ! For Science ! ! ![/b]
"I believe that Saint George City was bombed so thoroughly that it slowed time itself in that city. That is the only explanation. You should open an anti-aging spa there." -President Uberstein
That’s entirely possible, time in Procinctia traverses much slower than the rest of the world, four year here could be centuries elsewhere, therefore Procinctians are practically immortal compared nearly everyone else.
Molakia has noticed this issue with Tintagyl aswell. While she seems to age rather quickly, Our Tsarina (who was of the same age as her when they first met, at 27) has only recently turned 28. Also, Antonev Frolov, the Traitorous cur that followed Martens and Alexei Romanov, seemed to age rather slowly while in Germania (our term for Central Europe) but aged even SLOWER in Molakia.
It’s hard to live in world where everyone else is going to grow old and die before my Catro-beard greys. . . although in Romanov’s case the beard might have had something to do with it, older men with stylist Catro-beards age better somehow.
Our Scientist are baffled at this. Our scholars are rather annoyed aswell, finding it hard to date things when its October 1st 2009 in one country and May 10th 2010 in another.
What’s worse is that it could actually be those living in country where it is 2010 actually live in the relative future, it’s hard to determine for sure.
Martin Puño, a leading temporal expert in Selenarctos, had this to say on the subject:

I am inclined to attribute the appearance differing times scales on the environment in which time is observed. I know from experience, working in downtown Manila and owning a vacation house in a remote area of northern Luzon, that time seems to pass slower in the countryside. The lowered stress, relaxing atmosphere and general down-to-earth feel all cause time to slow where as in the bustle of a large city, it seems to fly by. And who of us, even on the opposite side of the world, haven't heard of a New York Minute?

I'm currently writing a paper examining this phenomenon on a country-wide basis and analyzing it's effects on worker productivity and GDP so I can't say too much more on the subject, but I'd be more than happy to send a copy to Generalissimo once it's published.

That may be a valuable clue, although it doesn’t seem to yet take physical discrepancies into account. With the world’s two foremost temporal experts working together, the combined might of Martin Puño and Generalissimo, we’ll punch answers out of causality! ! ! Edited by Generalissimo

"Hm. It makes sense. My wife is about to give birth to her first child, because it's been about 8 months in Caucasia, but in other countries, it's only been four months or so."-HRH King James I
An excellent point regarding cartographic-temporal-relativity Mr. King Jamesguy, which brings me to cartographic-temporal designation and quantification.

Procinctia and Transvaal maintain the same rate of temporal advancement, that’s nifty for Bering-African relations, but is extremely relevant to where I’m going next.

Procinctia-Transvaal time, being the slowest/most stable will referenced henceforth as ‘Real Time’ – The classification is an entirely arbitrary designation for Procinctia-Transvaal time, as no relative-time is any more real than any other relative-time, yet naming is my prerogative as the discovering scientist.

That’s right, you didn’t mishear me. Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia is now a scientist, moreover the scientist responsible for discovering and announcing cartographic-temporal relativity. . . ! ! ! For Science ! ! !

Through my research, by means of newspaper date clippings I was able to determine several widespread cartographic-timescales.

I have even created a scientific system to compare boundary-based time based on real time, I call it the Generalissimo Scale.

Generalissimo Scale Comparisons with common Cartographic-Temporal- Progressions

One Month Real Time = One Year [insert country here]

One Week Real Time = One Month [insert country here]

One Week Real Time = One Week [insert country here]

Three Weeks Real Time = One Year [insert country here]

Of course there are places where time moves at even more accelerated rates.

Edited by Generalissimo

We feel the problem with the time differences is that Generalissimo is observing our time, but living his. Therefore he sees us going faster than he feels. He just needs to find a way to be a outside observer to his own time, and it should all even out.

It is funny, as Molakia is currently in 2009 as well, although time of year matters not anymore. It seems to snow year round in Molakia. Perhaps time differences will affect weather aswell?
The boundaries and administration of a country might somehow the weather, I hadn’t realized this before. Weather patterns and seasons occur in relation to a nation’s relative chronology. At the very least it could be summer in one country while winter in their neighboring state.
We feel the problem with the time differences is that Generalissimo is observing our time, but living his. Therefore he sees us going faster than he feels. He just needs to find a way to be a outside observer to his own time, and it should all even out.
That might not be possible without faster-than-light travel, which may or may not be possible. . . Although cartographic-differences might actually effect the relative speed of light.

I don’t know how to become an outside observer of time, I don’t know how because the reality of cartographic-time relativity of doesn’t correlate to any current model of physics.

"This is highly interesting. How could this be exploited to allowed for faster scientific progress?"
I haven’t taken the time to consider practical application yet, announcing the phenomenon was simply too exciting.

Science for the sake of science now that Generalissimo’s a top-ranked world-class scientist.

Faster scientific progress could be possible for nations experiencing time at Real Time or slower rates sending their scientists to areas of faster time progression to complete projects, research, and studies in less relative time.

Alternatively areas of faster time progression could use areas of slower time progression for preservation, a banana won’t rot in a week even if that week is a year somewhere else.

Edited by Generalissimo

Suddenly across the world it was noticed that the majority of the population over 50 would move to Transvaal or the Procinctian ruins, in order to live longer.
Merely coming to Procinctia wouldn’t make a bit of difference.

My Sixteen-Year-Old Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs Liska Atka was able to determine time passes in accordance to one’s citizenship, I suppose that make Liska a scientist too.

Liska’s Observation: Age progression is somehow determined by citizenship

Individuals outside their own political-temporal-boundaries will age at the rate of place of citizenship

For example, Procinctian citizens abroad will age according to Procinctia’s time progression. Yes, changing citizenship can effect one’s ageing.

Procinctia is not opening citizenship to people seeking to avoid a natural death from aging, it’s not our problem.

More specifically weren't not giving people who aren't Sarah Tintagyl or her immediate family an opportunity to experience near immortality - other allies and friends might be considered.

Edited by Generalissimo

Merely coming to Procinctia wouldn't make a bit of difference.

My Sixteen-Year-Old Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs Liska Atka was able to determine time passes in accordance to one's citizenship, I suppose that make Liska a scientist too.

Liska's Observation: Age progression is somehow determined by citizenship

Individuals outside their own political-temporal-boundaries will age at the rate of place of citizenship

For example, Procinctian citizens abroad will age according to Procinctia's time progression. Yes, changing citizenship can effect one's ageing.

Procinctia is not opening citizenship to people seeking to avoid a natural death from aging, it's not our problem.

More specifically weren't not giving people who aren't Sarah Tintagyl or her immediate family an opportunity to experience near immortality - other allies and friends might be considered.

Several leading businessmen in Promised Land have offered substantial sums of money if Generalissimo can harness this phenomenon to combat thier own aging, and even nore money if they can harness any other potential effects to their advantage.

Even Administrator Anderson has expressed an interest in moving to Proctinctia and changing his citizenship upon retiring.

"I believe that Saint George City was bombed so thoroughly that it slowed time itself in that city. That is the only explanation. You should open an anti-aging spa there." -President Uberstein

We in Amerikanisches Reich, the successor to Republic of War, would like to say that yes, we did thoroughly bomb that city to the point of breaking (or manipulating) time. We're just THAT good.

OOC: Great topic, :lol1:

Bartholomew Hugh Jass, a man who dabbles in this sort of science and just happens to be involved with tourism and immigration in Arctica was present.

"I have also noticed that time moves differently in different jurisdictions. In Arctica, time progresses at the same rate as Transvaal and Procinctia, thus making us a Real Time Nation or something of the sort. Now that Ms. Liska has made a connection between the time variances and the process of aging itself, it is important to say that that phenomenon occurs in our borders too. It is October 23, 2009 in Arctica and it has been October for the past month.

I must observe that countries that experience the 'real time' phenomenon as opposed to other time rates tend to be more stable. For example, Arctica is still rebuilding from its civil war last August, but in that time, in the outside world empires have fallen and risen, millions have been born, lived, and died.

So I present to you Jass' First Observation: Jurisdictions experiencing Procinctian Real Time Phenomenon are more politically stable when compared to jurisdictions experiencing other rates of the passage of time.

And additionally Jass' Second Observation: As a Real Time Nation, Arctica has a slower rate of passage of time and as such is in the top three bracket of longest life expectancies. People in Arctica live longer! You will die faster if you do not live in Arctica."

Edited by Vedran

As Haruhi sat in her chambers, and overheard the press conference, she was a little astounded. She sent a letter to Generalissimo.

"What you have put forth may very well be true, as I'm 17, and I haven't appeared to age a single day."

A day later Haruhi receives a letter containing Generalissimo’s response accompanied by several packages full of documents all marked Classified.
That’s because you’re a goddess, life without aging could vary well be part of that particular package deal.

Some say other international figures are like you, that some of us might actually be beyond death, I wouldn’t normally give credence to that sort of thing if Kaiser Martens hadn’t blocked a multiple-warhead-thermonuclear strike with his face.

More scientifically, it wasn’t acknowledged at the press conference but Jass’ Second Observation doesn’t always hold true to world leaders. Many leaders of nations ranking high in time progression don’t age anywhere near their respective populations.

Of course, there are a few alternative possibilities regarding your unique circumstances. . . I strongly recommend you keep the following information to yourself or you will likely be targeted for death by neo-Martenist forces.

You might be able to find something useful in accompanying files concerning Deutschland Genetic Manipulation, Einherjar, Hel, Niflheim, Übersoldaten, and Vampyre. . . it’s one third of what I tried to blackmail Kaiser Martens with at the World Congress special open session in regards to the invasion of the Republic of Mariehamm and war in Europe.

On a lighter note. . . This new field of science Liska and I discovered should be of moderate interest to someone who wants to meet time travelers, now that we’re closer than ever. It’s ironic another politically employed teenager came across the same sort mysterious mystery you’ve spent so much time searching for, does that make Liska your chief rival?

-Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia-

Edited by Generalissimo

We have revised our theory.

The truth must be that Kiska is in fact the source of the time discrepancies. As you only lost her AFTER she visited the world, and that was when you first started noticing these differences.

It is quite likely this is all a hallucination you are having from losing Kiska.

Edited by Tahsir Re