Emerging from the Ashes

newechflagcopy.png

When liberty comes with hands dabbled in blood it is hard to shake hands with her

- Oscar Wilde

There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit

-Napoleon

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, Children of all ages.... Echelon is proud to announce the completion of its' post-war terms as set out by Karma. As such, Echelon declares her freedom and sovereignty have now been re-instated to their fullest extent.

The members of Echelon have endured hardship in the last few months... However, it is in this hardship Echelon has found she has many friends old and new alike who have gone out of their way to offer help and assistance in her time of need. To these friends we offer our most sincere thanks. Knowing that we have people like you behind us has made things a whole lot easier.

During the post-war period Echelon has also received messages of support from across the CN-spectrum... some from places & people whom we would never have expected. To these people we also offer heartfelt gratitude and hope that it is the start of new beginnings between our alliances.

When Echelon attempted to negotiate surrender towards the end of the Karma War we found that some of the terms being proposed were harder to swallow than others. However, many of our opponents on the Karma side also recognized this fact, and went out of their way to facilitate the smoothest payment of reparations as was possible at the time. Your good deed will not be forgotten.

One thing which has not been lost upon the members of Echelon is the fact that the Karma War has provided a fresh 'break', so to speak. The Echelon of today is very, very different in some ways to the Echelon of 1 year ago. While our core values remain, we have also developed an increased appreciation for the importance of having loyal and honorable friends. Without loyalty and honor a friendship means nothing. As such, the members of Echelon shall aim to engage in relations with those whom we believe to have similar values and principles as ourselves, not just in words but in action.

Conversely, Echelon also recognizes that there are some people out there who will seek to take a shot at every available opportunity. To these people we can only offer one piece of advice; choose your shots wisely, you won't get a second chance. To these skeptics we have only to say, for good or for ill... remember this day. Lastly, to our old brothers and sisters in arms and in blood; The day of gathering has come, it is time to return home. For today the Phoenix has risen once more.

Born of Fire; Bound by Blood.

Signed by the Echelon Government:

Chogsilanimous - Director

Neo Anglia - Director

memoryproblems - Minister of Internal Affairs

Ruggerdawg - Minister of Finance

JTrapp8473 - Minister of Foreign Affairs

KMBanana - Minister of Defense

Civil Council:

jrscott

AeonCin

elmekawy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats judas, though personally I was hoping for disbandment

Those who expected, even believed it possible for Echelon to disband completely mis-understand what and who we are.

But its lovely you would say such a thing, as an individual who experienced the disbandment of arguably one of this games greatest alliances ever, things like that say alot about you, and trust me its not positive things which its saying

Those who expected, even believed it possible for Echelon to disband completely mis-understand what and who we are.

But its lovely you would say such a thing, as an individual who experienced the disbandment of arguably one of this games greatest alliances ever, things like that say alot about you, and trust me its not positive things which its saying

you can call me a lot of things, most of them are well warranted, but at least i'm not an opportunistic sell out.

echelon pre war was a tool. hopefully you have overcame that, though i doubt it.

you can call me a lot of things, most of them are well warranted, but at least i'm not an opportunistic sell out.

echelon pre war was a tool. hopefully you have overcame that, though i doubt it.

I could go into further detail of what we were and what we are now, but the war is over, there is no need. Speaking of disbanding, since your nation says your in the NpO and all, why don't you ask AlmightyGrub what its like to be in an alliance that disbands.

But I wouldn't exactly call, you know, entering into a war without a lot of optimism in defense of an ally being a tool. Echelon entered the Karma war to be a good ally, a good friend, and if that is what your looking for us to have changed, you will be sorely disappointed. Maybe you feel differently, thats your own perogative.

Edited by memoryproblems