Avalon Lodges a Formal Complaint

Greetings assembled rulers,

The government of Avalon convenes this day and comes before you all with a troubled heart. We unfortunately finds ourselves forced to lodge a formal public grievance with the Stickmen BLOC (SLCB,FCO,iFOK). Our complaint is in regards to the apparent onslaught of spam sent by Stickmen-affiliated nations late yesterday evening and early this morning. We awoke this morning to receive reports coming in from across our beloved Isle of messengers from members of the Stickmen BLOC delivering various forms of the following missive to our fellow citizens:

spammessage.jpg

As this spamming has taken on an inherently public character, we feel compelled to give a response that may be filed on the public record. This mass spamming of another sovereign entity is not in keeping with the standards of civilized conduct on Planet Bob. Just as an alliance seeking to merge ought not to spam recruitment messages to the citizens of another foreign entity, those seeking the Senate votes of a foreign entity should speak to that entity's government, not spam their citizens. Such tactics are the tools of underground guerrilla campaigns and the like, not for use by upstanding formal alliances of honour. Avalon can neither endorse, nor condone through our public silence, the use of alliance-wide spamming for the purposes of a Senate election.

Avalon has long held a policy of political neutrality in regards to the matters of Purple Senate. To do otherwise, given our history of limited participation in other areas of the sphere politics would be unseemly of us. Intended or not, this spam constituted a direct attempt to undermine Avalon's policy of non-involvement in Purple senate matters. Those seeking senate votes from Avalon should have requested endorsement by His Majesty's government before messaging the provinces directly. By doing otherwise the Stickmen have created an unnecessary burden upon our bureaucracy and have undermined our policy of political neutrality.

Avalon does not seek any sort of apology or other political mechanization. We are seeking only to make a public awareness of how and why such violation of common political etiquette can be construed as rude. It is our desire to see this rectified by the cessation of further such occurrences.

This incident has started off relations with our new Purple brethren in the Stickmen on the wrong foot. And despite any such incident we continue to hold a special place in our hearts for our Purple brethren and especially the Finnish Cooperation Organization. We hope that future incidents of this nature can be avoided and that our relations with the Stickmen can improve after this unfortunate start.

Long Live Stickmen!

Long Live Avalon!

Long Live Purple

Decreed this Seventh day of October in the year of our Lord Admin 2009,

Issued by SyndicatedINC, Foreign Secretary of Avalon,

for First Lord Suboai, Prime Minister of Avalon,

on Behalf of His Majesty's Government

Summation: (ie tl;dr)

Avalon has always been politically neutral in regards to Purple Senate matters. Such that Avalon members are encouraged NOT to vote or to null vote (vote someone who is at the very bottom). Avalon views the Stickmen spam campaign as an attempt to get Avalon members to break our official neutral policy. Though no Avalon nation has done so, it did create quite a bit of extra unnecessary message traffic for us. We find both causing the extra work and attempt to undermine our long standing policy to be somewhat rude. Thus we publicly explain such for ease of permanent reference. There is no ultimatum, and we harbor no ill-will towards the Stickmen.

*reason for edit* forgot to include the necessary blessings before the signature and added a tl;dr by request.

Edited by SyndicatedINC

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel Private Channels would serve your purpose better, but this is probably the first I've heard of someon complaining about their members being asked to vote for someone on the team senate.

This has potential written all over it. Avalon is a very honorable group, I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a rational for this other then what has been stated. Private channels sure, but having this here serves the greater good, not only for avalon to have a public forum for thier complaint but for the rest of us who desire a splash of the different from time to time.

o/Avalon !

How dare they!

First the vote requests, next thing you know, they'll be sending messages about getting involved in trade rings without consulting their govt. FOR SHAME!

I have my eye on you Stickmen )):

Avalon's position on this matter is the main reason they aren't a PEACE signatory. This is a very old policy of theirs, which if you guys actually knew anyone on the sphere, you'd have been aware of.

Kriekfreak is a good senator, I understand why stickmen wanted somebody in charge to get the purple sphere in shape again.

I wish all our purple friends luck in this matter. Olympus stands behind the remarks made by our friends in Avalon. Many of our nations got the same pm. The point of contacting members of a sovereign alliance members in regards to senate seats...when many on this sphere are treaty bound to vote for candidates per PEACE, or have elected not to join PEACE based on their personal preferences in regards to the sphere politics is a less than stellar political move. Sending in games to our nations is underhanded as well as we are signatories of Poseidon and treaty bound to vote for our candidates selected by our multi-alliance panel, however we wish all our purple friends luck in their ventures.

I ask that Olympus members below Titan refrain from posting in this discussion.

Someone remind me again why treaties determining who can and can't be senators is better than a free senate?

At the same time, remind me why anyone would want aqua unity if this sort of manufactured drama is what it entails

Also,

Vote for kriekfreak. Put this in your sig if you're down.

edit: lrn2spell.

Edited by janax

Sending in games to our nations is underhanded as well as we are signatories of Poseidon and treaty bound to vote for our candidates selected by our multi-alliance panel, however we wish all our purple friends luck in their ventures.

For some fairly obvious reasons, I'm having a hard time understanding that, but it sounds like you're about one step away from marching into Poland.

If you are treaty-bound to vote for a candidate, do it, but don't get all huffy with the people who promote an alternative. Sounds like what's really getting you all upset is that you don't seem to have enough open communication with your nations to let them know who to vote for.

Edited by porksaber

How dare they!

First the vote requests, next thing you know, they'll be sending messages about getting involved in trade rings without consulting their govt. FOR SHAME!

I have my eye on you Stickmen )):

Can you imagine the horror when people are getting asked to join your Trade Circle when the receiving partner has 0 trade agreements?

/me *shrugs*

Kriekfreak is a good senator, I understand why stickmen wanted somebody in charge to get the purple sphere in shape again.

So true. It would be good for Purple if they finally get a Senator that actually knows what to do :gag:

Someone remind me again why treaties determining who can and can't be senators is better than a free senate?

At the same time, remind me why anyone would want aqua unity if this sort of manufactured drama is what it entails

Also,

Vote for kriekfreak. Put this in your sig if you're down.

edit: lrn2spell.

A key feature of ICE was that it specifically declared the Aqua senate to be free.