Brengstklau's Response to UCR

2burnt2eat

After this wonderful piece of UCR propaganda by Slonq Here, which thrust us into the limelight as the evil oppressors.. it has become necessary for us to disperse such falsehoods.

And as much as I enjoy looking evil and all the free advertisement we'll now be getting, I'd much rather have the whole story told.

We apologize in advance, we didn't want to post such a small alliance matter on the OWF, but you can thank Slonq for that..

Our story begins with a relatively new nation of Brengstklau raiding one of the members of the once-were obscure Union of Communist Republics. This was brought to our attention by RA2Leader, and we then proceeded to order our member to stand-down, and file in war reports to figure out the reparations.

Then, four hours after talks begin, Premier Slonq and their Minister of War, ZeroRemorse, decided that the best move was to launch counter-attacks on President Dasi; needless to say, the initial three attacks from three different nations did more than what President Dasi ever did.

A surprised Brengstklau tries to inquire as to what they were doing when 1. Talks just began over the raid, and 2. President Dasi did not launch any new attacks and stood down. Even though they decided to attack during negotiations, Brengstklau shrugged it off, informed UCR government to launch no further attacks on Dasi, and we could get back to the talks (we were still willing to pay reparations at this point).

UCR responds that they're not doing anything, and then begins their attempt to e-lawyer our Charter.

Let me make this very clear: Brengstklau DOES not help members whose raids go wrong, and their target fights back. However, it's standard practice for alliance Governments to negotiate raids launched on other alliances from newbies. Furthermore, we told them that this non-intervention only covers the war between the Raider and Raided, and not these newly-launched attacks ordered by their government which continued despite ICB gov. protest.

If you want to e-lawyer our Charter that way, you'd also have to do it on the flip side with:

The ICB takes seriously its commitment to defend all members from attack. Any attack on any member is considered an attack on all members.

If you want to play technicalities, then from your own game we have the right to defend ourselves as this is an attack on the whole of Brengstklau, an act of aggressive war, UCR. However, we again restate that attacks from TWO OTHER NATIONS is much more than a raid backfiring with the defender attacking back.

UCR's Response: More attacks.

The next Day: More Attacks.

President Dasi never launched one attack besides the one's he sent at his raid target on day one.

We then alerted UCR government that they should stand down and stop attacking, and also that with the excess amount of attacks (hell, even day one was pushing it), we would want reparations for the many times damage Dasi sustained even when he standed down, and did not attack but was attacked anyway. Of course these reparations would be minus the damage Dasi did.

UCR then responds to us that reparations will not be paid as damages are about equal (impossible, let's just think, 3 nations attacking on two days compared to one attacking another once?), but they did say they would now tell their members to stand down.

Great! ICB thought.

But.. UCR attacks again.

Another UCR metaphorical middle-finger to Brengstklau Government, and more snubbing.

We then told them that reparations would definitely be necessary. Our man has not attacked again, and a stray raid does not mean the destruction of a nation as if he was going rogue. With the continuation of attacks, we required it.

As they continued to lie to our face about peace while attacking, saying one thing and doing another, we finally had enough. We weren't going to be pushed around because they think they could get away with it. We gave them 24 hours to STOP attacking Dasi, apologize for the ruddy way they have been handling things in the way they've been 'negotiating', attacking, and lying to us all at the same time, and to pay 100 tech (extremely lenient for the extra damage Dasi has received).

When we tried to work things out, they attacked, when we asked them to stop to get back to talks, they attacked again, we asked them again, and they continued.

And with our terms laid out, and after they were informed that we would take actions against them if they did not comply, they decided to CONTINUE to attack.

Brengstklau then put it's money where it's mouth was. We've had enough of UCR telling us one thing and doing another. We're tired of being stringed along, of all the metaphorical middle-fingers they gave us when we tried to reach a solution, and the "What are you going to do about it?" attitude they acted, and walked in the whole time.

Well, we're doing something about it.

UCR, we gave you three chances, and we made it clear to you what we would do if you continued to snub us and attack our member anyway when he stood down. After four days, enough is enough. It's clear you won't stop, so we'll obey our Charter and defend our member from YOUR AGGRESSIVE and continuously PROVOCATIVE actions.

Last night, Brengstklau informed UCR that we were recognizing these continued government-ordered, sponsored, and condoned attacks, and along with their insults, as acts of aggressive war on us. But sure, both of us can claim the defensive for the hell of it.

As for GDA taking part in their evil protectorate's actions, just think. If that was the case, GDA would be all over UCR in wars like flies over dung.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gunna go ahead and take your side in this cause of your sick avatar.

You did however raid them, but they took it beyond what they should have.

Yes, our member raided them, but he stood down as ordered, and we were completely willing to pay for the damages and everything.

However, we tried... three.. four.. well, at least four times to resolve this issue, and Slonq decided to escalate it each time.

Raiding is cowardly and a blight upon this world. I have no sympathy for you or your member, and you deserve to reap the whirlwind. I shall hope for your alliance's quick downfall.

Now, you claim two nations assisting the raided nation has nothing to do with your member's unprovoked attacks? But why then are they direct consequences of the raid? To me it looks like something went wrong in the raid, and now you are upset because your member cannot profiteer off a much weaker nation which had chance of repelling its attacker on its own. I can see through your lies and nonsense, and I implore others to join me in my crusade for truth and justice.

When you sanction the willful destruction of other nations for the sole reason of enjoyment and profit, you open yourself up to these situations. No one should have any sympathy for you because you were unfortunate enough to find a group that fought back.

Yes, our member raided them, but he stood down as ordered, and we were completely willing to pay for the damages and everything.

However, we tried... three.. four.. well, at least four times to resolve this issue, and Slonq decided to escalate it each time.

Your member raided an alliance and got his $@! kicked. That is as it should be. If he is that stupid then that is his fate. Your role in this should be only to to tell him he is an idiot and that once he has payed the price at hands of those he attacked then you will decide if he can even remain a member.

Raiding is cowardly and a blight upon this world. I have no sympathy for you or your member, and you deserve to reap the whirlwind. I shall hope for your alliance's quick downfall.

Now, you claim two nations assisting the raided nation has nothing to do with your member's unprovoked attacks? But why then are they direct consequences of the raid? To me it looks like something went wrong in the raid, and now you are upset because your member cannot profiteer off a much weaker nation which had chance of repelling its attacker on its own. I can see through your lies and nonsense, and I implore others to join me in my crusade for truth and justice.

and yet another fail from him...

goodluck ICB.

When you sanction the willful destruction of other nations for the sole reason of enjoyment and profit, you open yourself up to these situations. No one should have any sympathy for you because you were unfortunate enough to find a group that fought back.

Not even going to go there.

Edited by The Reccesion

I do claim that attacks from two additional nations, and the attacked nation for the next four days despite ICB government imploring UCR to stop, to be far above a back-fired raid. This was UCR trying to flex muscle. They decided that snubbing ICB four times, even with a warning of 24 hours of what was to come, was the best course.

And I'm not upset about anything, I'm too mellow.

Still love ya' RV :blush:

and yet another fail from him...

goodluck ICB.

This is why I fight. Because lesser men everywhere support attacks of bullying and oppression on the weak, and insult and demean those who possess the strength of character to stand for what is right. I deplore these acts, and that is why I have become the hero this world so desperately needs. I shall triumph.

Your role in this should be only to to tell him he is an idiot and that once he has payed the price at hands of those he attacked then you will decide if he can even remain a member.

On a larger level you'd expect their main role would be to try to stem the drama as GDA, the guys keeping this war from escalating against them, would certainly rather the issue go away. Instead the drama has twice as much space to manifest itself now, not that most of us on the sides are complaining, it's a slow night.

Urm...your written raid policy says you won't give help to nations who bite off more than they can chew. But then when one bites off more than he can chew and gets his tail whipped, you declare war on the whole alliance against your own policy?

:psy:

Read the OP, your skim-reading is fail :/

I do claim that attacks from two additional nations, and the attacked nation for the next four days despite ICB government imploring UCR to stop, to be far above a back-fired raid. This was UCR trying to flex muscle. They decided that snubbing ICB four times, even with a warning of 24 hours of what was to come, was the best course.

No this is your member attacking another alliance and paying the price. He attacked them and broke your rules. You don't warn them. You tell them to teach him a lesson and say your sorry he has anything to do with you.

If I or anyone else attacked a sovereign alliance, counterattacks should be fully expected, and without a doubt completely warranted. What makes your member (and by extension all of your alliance) any different? I wasn't aware that you were special. But no, the consequences must be accepted. By sheltering him you are only preventing him from learning the lesson that is due to him, and thus encouraging him to become a repeat offender.

Burnt, You know we got your back

:wub:

Well then, I guess it is a good thing to know that BTO approves of, and is in fact eager to join in, the extortion and unjustified attacking of a small alliance by a much larger force. So has your true character been revealed.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Your member raided an alliance and got his $@! kicked. That is as it should be. If he is that stupid then that is his fate. Your role in this should be only to to tell him he is an idiot and that once he has payed the price at hands of those he attacked then you will decide if he can even remain a member.

He's away. Naturally he'd get beat-up after four days of attacks by three nations. And another joined in today.

And he has paid the price. Four days at war with three nations... and today it's five days with four... Hermmm.. Nope! This raid should be treated with ZI!

This is why I fight. Because lesser men everywhere support attacks of bullying and oppression on the weak, and insult and demean those who possess the strength of character to stand for what is right. I deplore these acts, and that is why I have become the hero this world so desperately needs. I shall triumph.

Humble as ever, RV :P