Joint Announcement from the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance and the Little Big Alliance

Gopherbashi

200px-MCXAnewsflag.PNG200px-Lba2.png

Joint Announcement from the

Multicolored Cross-X Alliance

and the

Little Big Alliance

The Multicolored Cross-X Alliance will henceforth be protecting the Little Big Alliance, while it grows and becomes stronger of its own accord. It would save a headache for everyone involved if those currently raiding this alliance were to bring those activities to a hasty close.

The "Mr Damsky Has A Little Sack" Protectorate

Article I: Sovereignty

Both alliances shall remain sovereign entities.

Article II: Protection

If the LBA (Little Big Alliance) comes under attack from any outside force, the MCXA (Multicolored Cross-X Alliance) is obligated to defend them.

Article III: Senate Candidate

LBA is encouraged to have their nations vote for senate candidates of the MCXA's choosing.

Article IV: Treaties

LBA will inform the MCXA of their intent to sign any treaty, which the MCXA must approve before said treaty enters into effect.

Article V: MDoAP

LBA has an MDoAP with MCXA.

Article VI: Aggression

LBA is must inform the MCXA of any wars they plan to take a part in 72 hours before declaration, which the MCXA must approve before hostilities may commence.

Article VII: Cancellation

There must be 48 hours notice of cancellation before this agreement is terminated.

Article VIII: Periodic Review

This treaty will be reviewed 3 months from the date it was signed and will then be dropped or upgraded. However LBA and MCXA can decide to keep the treaty as it was signed in effect.

Signed for the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance:

Dr. Fresh, Chancellor

Gopherbashi, Chancellor

NeuralLink, Chancellor

Oli, Minister of Defense

Mr Damsky, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Bobo the Monkey, Minister of the Interior

bryn1030, Minister of Finance

TIinPA, High Council

Jimmy2E, High Council

Signed for the Little Big Alliance:

King Alias, Sack King

Little Big Council

I don't understand Article V. If LBA has an MDoAP with MCXA, does that mean they have to defend MCXA? And what the heck is the point of Article II if it's an MDoAP?

Congrats to LBA.

^^ This

I haven't seen a treaty that also says "There is an MDoAP in this treaty aswell" as an article. Very strange. Who wrote it?

^^ This

I haven't seen a treaty that also says "There is an MDoAP in this treaty aswell" as an article. Very strange. Who wrote it?

We didn't feel like writing out "If the MCXA is attacked, LBA will come to its defense. If MCXA declares war, LBA is welcome to come along for the ride." The intent behind that article is rather clear.

We didn't feel like writing out "If the MCXA is attacked, LBA will come to its defense. If MCXA declares war, LBA is welcome to come along for the ride." The intent behind that article is rather clear.

With all do respect, you just wrote it. That took, what 15 seconds? I don't buy that for a second...

And no, the intent is not clear. It really does seem to contradict* Article II and is confusing.

Whatever though, it's your treaty so you can word it however you want. Good luck regardless of the weirdly written articles.

* Edit: I mean that it seems to fully supersede the purpose of Article II and thus make it useless, not contradict it (wrong choice of words there). It also makes it no longer seem like a protectorate treaty

Edited by Jyrinx

We all have our ways of writing treaties. IMO, the important part is that MCXA and LBA know what it means as the involved parties. However, it is through this part of announcing that clarification can be given for any parts some may find confusing.

o/ Communication and clarification.

Lastly, Congrats to you both! :)

I'm sure the evil tech raiders will tremble in fear at MCXA's activity levels.... still, congratulations on the protectorate/MDoAP, I suppose.

You have no idea.

But seriously, I've already messaged our buccaneers to send peace, it would help if whatshisfacewe'reraiding would do the same.