A brief IRON announcement

Shan Revan

Greetings, fellow citizens of Planet Bob.

Five days ago, we gave official notification to Sparta that we intended to activate the Cancellation clause of The Better Than Bronze Treaty as part of our ongoing post-war treaty review.

Whilst we have much respect for each other, relations simply were not at a level required of a mdoap level treaty and have not been so for some time.

For reference, the activated clause:

This treaty shall only be terminated if either undersigned alliance chooses to exit this treaty or if Article III is found to be violated by a member alliance. If one of the undersigned chooses to terminate this pact, they must give five (5) days notice before the treaty is officially dissolved in which they remain fully bonded to the provisions contained therein.

Today the 5-day period has expired.

It is our sincere wish that Sparta continues to do well in the future and we are sure they will manage to do this.

Signed,

FinsterBaby, President

Shan Revan, Secretary of State, IRON Councilor

Delgursh, Deputy Secretary of State, IRON Councilor

MCRABT, Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor

Griffon, Deputy Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor

Peron, Minister of Internal Affairs, IRON Councilor

Matt Miller, Minister of the Vault, IRON Councilor

Krash, Minister of Labor, IRON Councilor

Grizz Goose, Minister of Central Intelligence, IRON Councilor

bay102174, Minister of Tables, IRON Councilor

Shanenshah, Minister of the Dark Arts, IRON Councilor

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know there were many treaties left from alliances of opposite sides in the last war, besides protectorate agreements as part of surrender terms. Well, I guess this makes sense.

There's a few around, and we're not cancelling so much as based on opposite sides (otherwise we'd be cancelling on TOP among others who are some of our best allies) as just the honest truth of what's in the OP.

Smart move on IRON's part. As stated above, if the relations required to maintain an MDP or above aren't there anymore then neither should the treaty. It's only logical that once an alliance comes to the conclusion that those relations are over, they cancel any treaties with said party.

Best of luck to my friends in IRON as you move forward in this new Era.

-KingEd

Edit.

Edited by KingEd

Hey, if you can't ask yourself the question "do I love these people enough to take a bullet for them" and end up answering "yes," it's probably for the best that you not be bound by the letter of a spiritless law.

Good luck to my brothers and sisters in IRON, and my honourable former foes from Sparta.