A joint CON and IRON Announcement

Today I bring you the first of probably a couple of announcements to come from IRON in the coming days. This particular announcement is both a sad one, seeing the end of our long time friends and allies, but also happy as we start a new begining with our relationship. In IRON we have much respect for great people and so it is an honour to have them by our side now and into the future. So without further delay, I give you...

The Confederation Joins the Republic

The Confederation of Organized Nations (CON) has been a sovereign, independent and dignified alliance for the past three years. Facing challenges over the past year, and unsuccessful attempts at alliance revitalization, we have sought solutions that create an opportunity for our membership to retain our individual bonds of friendship as part of a like-minded ally. One that will value the addition our membership, give us an opportunity to contribute, and follow a future we would be proud to be a part of.

While we accept our future as a sovereign alliance is at an end, we are pleased to join our MDP partner and Orange brethren, the Independent Republic of Orange Nations (IRON). Let our futures be united as one brotherhood and one membership.

Therefore, be it enacted by CON and IRON;

The IRON Rhino Accords

1. Sovereignty

a] CON agrees to merge with IRON upon posting of this announcement and revokes any and all sovereignty previously claimed.

2. Alliance Affiliation

a] All CON members wishing to participate in this merger shall change their Alliance Affiliation to ‘Independent Republic Of Orange Nations’ upon publication of this treaty and must change their sphere to Orange within 30 days of joining.

b] TheConfederation of Organized Nations’ Alliance Affiliation and the 'CON' acronym (including CON Applicant and CON Diplomat) shall be reserved and protected for 30 days by IRON. Any attempts to recruit nations under those affiliations during this period will be seen as an act of aggression against IRON.

c] CON nations are encouraged to join IRON immediately but may otherwise choose to join the IRON boards as a "CON Diplomat" and explore IRON further prior to joining by registering and requesting this designation on the IRON forums. CON Diplomats will not change their Alliance Affiliation from CON.

d] Any CON member joining IRON during the 30 day period will be given full privileges of membership without participating in the IRON Academy.

e] Any nation flying the CON AA after the 30 day period of protection will not be recognized by IRON as a former CON member or be under the protection of IRON for any reason and will be treated as IRON ghosts.

f] CON agrees to provide IRON with an accurate list of member nations as of the date of this agreement.

3. Treaties

a] All CON treaties are hereby canceled, as per their terms. IRON will not be subject to any CON terms or agreements.

b] IRON will engage each former treaty partner of CON with the objective of retaining past friendships with CON membership and developing a future relationship with IRON.

4. Standing Provisions

a] All CON Charters, Laws, military orders, appointments, elections, honors, etc are hereby repealed and canceled.

5. CON Government

a] No special provision shall be made for CON government.

b] CON government shall designate persons to facilitate and coordinate the merger during the 30 day merger period.

c] IRON will afford every former CON member joining during the merger an opportunity to join the IRON community, grow their nations, and garner opportunities in IRON based on their individual merit and not subject to any IRON length of service or Academy graduation requirements.

Signed by:

President - Bobboman

Head of Military - kahzaa

Head of Recruitment - Krager

Head of Foreign Affairs - An Ard Ri

Head of Internal Affairs - brandonman

Head of Economy - Impact

-The last CON Senate.

Signed,

FinsterBaby, President

Shan Revan, Secretary of State, IRON Councilor

Delgursh, Deputy Secretary of State, IRON Councilor

MCRABT, Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor

Griffon, Deputy Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor

Peron, Minister of Internal Affairs, IRON Councilor

Matt Miller, Minister of the Vault, IRON Councilor

Krash, Minister of Labor, IRON Councilor

Grizz Goose, Minister of Central Intelligence, IRON Councilor

bay102174, Minister of Tables, IRON Councilor

Shanenshah, Minister of the Dark Arts, IRON Councilor

I'd like to thank CON for patiently waiting for our terms to end and personally welcome you all into the fold. Here's to a bright future together.

Edited by Shan Revan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see my old CON home is no longer around.

I am curious as to why people flying CON after the 30 days would be IRON ghosts. Some people like to cling to the past, and I don't see the harm in allowing them to, if that is their wish.

Congrats to you both as it seems a harmonious joining.

Truly a sad day indeed. CON was my first home. Although we had a rocky split, I always had the best hopes for CON. It seems as if those left in charge couldn't right the ship. Definitely a shame.

Good luck wherever you all end up, be it IRON or elsewhere.

o/The Old CON!