Declaration of Existence of the GDI

lordliam

An announcement from the Supreme Commander of the Global Defense Initiative

gdi1sg0.jpg

Preamble

Friends, enemies, observers, today the GDI that stands before you is a new GDI. From the embers of defeat, the golden eagle rises once again to enlighten the people of Planet Bob and to defend the weak. This new charter proves that, you should never give up hope and your resolve should never falter. The people who died for the alliance will be remembered, and this is the product of their sacrifice.

Article 1 - Declaration of Existence

Clause I: Declaration of Existence: The body of nationalities that are recognized and qualified as members are all a part of the Global Defence Initiative. We affirm that we are to strive in our actions for the betterment of our fellow members and the overall alliance.

Clause II: Purpose: The Global Defence Initiative is an alliance which serves to protect the rights of nationalities in this game. As well as supporting itself, the GDI outreaches to other nations seeking refuge, aid, and assistance in times of need.

Article 2 - Government structure

Clause III: Supreme Commanders: The Supreme Commander, and Deputy Supreme Commanders are the leaders of the GDI. The Supreme Commander has complete rule of the alliance and can dictate against anyone's orders in the alliance. Their job is to overview the alliance and ensure that everything is running normally and for the best of the alliance and their allies.

Clause III-2: The Deputy Supreme Commanders are appointed by the Supreme Commander for as long as the Supreme Commander decides, or when the Deputy Supreme Commander resigns.

Clause III-3: The Supreme Commander may appoint as many Deputy Supreme Commanders as he/she wants or is required.

Clause III-4: In the event that the Supreme Commander resigns, he must chose a Deputy Supreme Commander to replace him/her.

Clause IV: Pyramid of Communication: Each Deputy Supreme Commander in the GDI must be responsible of giving orders and passing on communications to the 10 members below them in the Pyramid.

Clause IV-2: When the Supreme Commander issues an order, the Deputy Supreme Commanders must message the 10 members they are responsible for with the orders copied word for word.

Clause IV-3: If any Deputy Supreme Commander fails to pass on orders without an explanation, they will be marked as a rogue immediately.

Article 3 - Bill of Rights

Clause V: Trial: All GDI members are entitled to fair and equal treatment, proper ethical operations, and the right to appeal their disputes in fair trial.

Clause V-2: If any GDI member has an issue with any other member, they may hold a conversation with the Supreme Commander; the Supreme Commander will decide on the resolution afterward.

Article 4 - Bill of Responsibilities

Clause VI: Laws: All GDI members must follow the laws of the GDI.

Clause VII: Orders: All GDI members must follow the orders of the Supreme Commander of the GDI.

Clause VIII: Misdemeanor: All GDI members are forbidden from doing the following:

Clause VIII-2: Unwarranted Attacks, Flaming, Identity Fraud, Ethical Harrassment, Misrepresenting alliance intentions.

Clause VIII-3: If any member is to be found to be doing anything from Clause VIII-2, they will be punished with fines, and other minor disciplinary actions as deemed appropriate by the Supreme Commander.

Clause IX: Capitol Offense: All GDI members are forbidden from doing the following:

Clause IX-2: Treason, Money Fraud, Unwarranted Espionage, Roguery, Conspiracy, Couping, Government Disguising

Clause IX-3: If any member is to be found to be doing anything from Clause IX-2, they will be punished with immediate attack and a sentence of expulsion and ZI unless otherwise dictated by the SC. May be temporarily intervened by the DSC until otherwise rejected by the SC.

Article 5 - Membership

Clause X: Forums: All members of GDI have the right and encouragement to register on the forums, but it is not required.

Clause XI: Alliance Affiliation: All members of GDI have their in-game alliance affiliation set to “Global Defense Initiative”, unless otherwise specified.

Clause XII: Dual Membership: No member of GDI may holds membership in any other alliance (Dual-membership is unpermitted), unless permitted explicitly by the SC.

Clause XIII: Ghosts and Rogues: No ghosts or rogues shall be tolerated. ZI placements will be instantly placed against the offending nation unless lifted.

Clause XIV: Membership Discrimination: There shall be no discrimination towards applicants based on out-of-character or in-character religion, race, political affiliation, or any other characteristic, given that it does not affect said applicant’s in-character actions.

Clause XV: Membership: All potential members are to message the Supreme Commander before changing their AA to GDI.

Article 6 - Amending the Charter

Clause XVI: Amending: Any amendment of the charter must be voted on by the Deputy Supreme Commanders and the Supreme Commander.

Clause XVI-2: If there is a tie in the vote, the Supreme Commander's vote counts as 2 votes.

Clause XVI-3: Any amendments to the Charter may be made by the Supreme Commander without approval until December 31st 2009, to ensure that the Charter makes sense and does not contradict itself.

Article 7 - Amendments

Clause XVII: Aid: All nations are entitled to aid after a war if it is available.

Clause XVIII: Tech Deals: All Tech Deals are to be reported to the Supreme Commander before the tech goes out or the money comes in.

Article 13

Clause XLII: Absolute Commandership: There are to be no other ministers in the GDI other than the Deputy Supreme Commanders and the Supreme Commander.

Clause XLII-2: The jobs of the Deputy Supreme Commanders and the Supreme Commander are the jobs of all the traditional ministries rolled into one.

That's right, the GDI is back. Except I'm leading it this time, so there will be no more useless wars... hopefully...

Yes, I know some of the parts were just ripped out of Ryan's Charter, cut me some slack, yeesh. Also, from today on, the official name of the GDI will be the Global Defense Initiative. I have decided to abandon the Canadian spelling because of angry Americans and inactive people who are still in the Global Defence Initiative.

EDIT: It seems like nobody really likes this alliance. So, as a result of the ridicule I've been subject to in the last couple of minutes, my first move as the Supreme Commander of the GDI would be to suspend the AA and join a "real alliance" until I've gained some experience. I am very grateful for you guys enlightening me on the right way to play CN. Thanks everyone, have a good afternoon. I'm kinda hungry after all this typing...

Edit: Lock please? Since this alliance doesn't "exist" anymore. I don't want OWFers ridiculing an alliance that doesn't exist, that's just going to be sad.

Edited by lordliam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome GDI 2.0

Does this mean that my luls void will no longer be filled with GDI but with TFD? Wait what? This just got confusing :psyduck:

Congrats, do you want to smote TFD anytime soon? Just say you dont like them and then DoW, worked for the past incarnation of GDI :P

Edited by bill n ted

Oh you didn't.

A) You have no experience

B ) Active members will either follow Ryan or leave

C) You have no allies or protector

D) Ugh

A) Yes I do, just not a lot.

B ) That fact could be contested.

C) Working on that

D) I don't really care what you think.

Edited by lordliam

Oh you didn't.

A) You have no experience

B) Active members will either follow Ryan or leave

C) You have no allies or protector

D) Ugh

Come on now; this is a joyous occasion.. None of the above (except b for obvious reasons) stopped RyanGDI now did it and look how well that worked out :ehm:

in all honesty, you best shot is disbanding GDI and leaving the name behind you. Otherwise, you will be stuck with the stigma that is currently related to GDI for a long time. Not only that, but your own thread you posted will haunt you especially as a leader.

so just disband GDI and join a larger alliance. Grow and gain experience in how to actually lead an alliance before attempting something like this. otherwise, you are almost assuredly setting yourself up to fail.

in all honesty, you best shot is disbanding GDI and leaving the name behind you. Otherwise, you will be stuck with the stigma that is currently related to GDI for a long time. Not only that, but your own thread you posted will haunt you especially as a leader.

so just disband GDI and join a larger alliance. Grow and gain experience in how to actually lead an alliance before attempting something like this. otherwise, you are almost assuredly setting yourself up to fail.

Is this the stigma you were talking about? CN players have this "people never change" notion. Get rid of it.

Is this the stigma you were talking about? CN players have this "people never change" notion. Get rid of it.

That is because people tend to not change. Thus, there is very little reason to get rid of it. Also, you do not get to simply say you have changed, or the alliance has changed. you have to prove it. just like respect is not given freely, it is earned. you have to earn the cleansing of the stigma GDI has thanks to RyanGDI.

This is definitely not helping your image. Snapping at people when they make a suggestion will not get you far in foreign affairs, or with this new GDI. If you want to stick with GDI, you're going to have to work very hard to make people believe it's different.

/me refers back to the duck quote.

I really do wish you the best, but it's going to be a long, tough road.

I wish you well, but think you should consider a name change. (Might I suggest The Federation of Awesome?)

Names carry a certain amount of baggage with them. (As a member of GATO I should know! ).

Look at threads that GGA used to post.

Look at people's responses to a post by a NPO member.

Look at the trouble TAB had from BTA when they reformed, or was it the other way around?

I wish you well, but think you should consider a name change. (Might I suggest The Federation of Awesome?)

Names carry a certain amount of baggage with them. (As a member of GATO I should know! ).

Look at threads that GGA used to post.

Look at people's responses to a post by a NPO member.

Look at the trouble TAB had from BTA when they reformed, or was it the other way around?

Thanks for the advice, I greatly appreciate it.