An End to the VE-GDI Conflict

vecrest23ev.png

Cessation of Hostilities with the Global Defence Initiative

All members flying the AA of "Global Defence Initiative", "VE POW", or "Task Force Alpha" (with the exception of the individuals listed in the second part of this annoucement) are hereby granted an unconditional white peace. We wish their current members the best of luck in the future, and hope next time our paths cross it will be under better circumstances.

AS6veGreatSeal.gif

Signed,

Cornelius, Lord

Solaris, Duke

Impero, Secretary of Defense

God of Salt, Secretary of the Interior

CharlesinCharge, Secretary of State

Also, a clarification:

RyanGDI, Technician1578, and I await it have been sentenced to a single ZI by the Viridian Entente. The reason for this is, by his own admission, RyanGDI asked his own members to join our alliance under false pretenses and scam aid from tech deals (OCC: also to possibly break an in game rule, however that's an issue for moderation, not here). Technician1578 and I await it acted on his aforementioned order, and any other current or former GDI nation who attempts to do this will meet the same fate.

EDIT: Defense, defence -- whatever.

Edited by Charles in Charge

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a follow-up to this, I've requested an appeal for the single ZI, however it will be taken swiftly should the appeal fall through.

I sincerely thank the Viridian Entente for their understanding and actions towards peace for the remaining membership. For that, you have my gratitude and respect in your actions.

Single ZI for trying to scam us?

Hell, that's getting off a bit light.

Glad to see the war's ended though. Good luck with wherever you guys go and reconstruction efforts

Light? Perhaps. It's our policy though as well; and considering that Ryan had a 28K nation, and will probably be around 6K when the ZI is complete, it's not that light.

Seems like a fair end to the war.

Ghosting an affiliation and attempting to scam aid, as exemplified during the Vox Populi Resistance Movement, is a legitimate tactic in war, especially under impossible odds. I fail to see why, exactly, it warrants additional punishment, though I imagine that there is more than one reason, at any rate.

My congratulations to the Global Defence Initiative on their achievement of peace.

The reason for this is, by his own admission, RyanGDI asked his own members to join our alliance under false pretenses and scam aid from tech deals (OCC: also to possibly break an in game rule, however that's an issue for moderation, not here).

If I were vs an enemy that was pulling this !@#$, I'd permaZI their sorry @#$%. Dunno why you're not either VE but that's your perogative, not mine.

If I were vs an enemy that was pulling this !@#$, I'd permaZI their sorry @#$%. Dunno why you're not either VE but that's your perogative, not mine.

We shouldn't drive another person out of the game. o/ Viridia on white peace.

Ghosting an affiliation and attempting to scam aid, as exemplified during the Vox Populi Resistance Movement, is a legitimate tactic in war, especially under impossible odds. I fail to see why, exactly, it warrants additional punishment, though I imagine that there is more than one reason, at any rate.

What?

So making an alliance disband is also a legitimate tactic in war because people have done it before? :huh: