Sixth Call from those in Solitude

2cok75k.jpg

Sixth Call from those in Solitude

Recognizing that the Federated Allied Independence League no longer exists by decree of His Holiness Rebel Virginia, Solitude finds itself without further purpose in the current conflict with the Viridian Entente. It is thus that Solitude hereby grants Viridia and The Jedi Order white peace, as well as its utmost gratitude to both for their worthy efforts that culminated in quite the interesting miniature conflict. Special recognition goes to Governor Chomsky of the nation of Sublime for feeding Airidescence its first ever nuclear weapon. We are honored to have been worthy of the use of such a measure.

Peace has therefore been offered to all nations that Solitude is currently in conflict with. Whether or not these offers are accepted is entirely their decision to make. Solitude carries no disdain for any of the involved parties regardless of what is decided.

And with that, I ratify the above as words spoken in truth.

Bird of Passage, Wandering Mercenary

ZI for defending friends? Friends being an alliance that no longer exists. Truly you are merciful.

He declared on the 15th, today is the 18th ...

Giving him white peace would be like saying

"Hey guys, come attack us. There will be no repercussions, and you can peace out after day 3 if you want."

How would you like it if I claim someone who is an enemy of nemesis is my ally, create a 1 man alliance, and start attacking someone random in nemesis.

I doubt that you would be fine with it after 3 days.

Good luck causing as much damage as you can on the way down Solitude ^_^

So because we dont support people who attack us we deserve to get attacked ?

Edited by leprecon

He declared on the 15th, today is the 18th ...

Giving him white peace would be like saying

"Hey guys, come attack us. There will be no repercussions, and you can peace out after day 3 if you want."

I must apologize. I had hoped for this to have transpired for longer...and I suppose that it will regardless, given your Impero Doctrine.

Understand, however, that Solitude did not enter the war intending to support the Global Defence Initiative, nor to slight Viridia. It did so in support of the League, and now that the League no longer exists, there is no longer any reason to continue this crusade.

If Viridia would like to talk more of this, I can be found frequenting #cn-cg. I will also have no qualms about staying in #ve for a period of time.

Edited by Bird of Passage

I must apologize. I had hoped for this to have transpired for longer...and I suppose that it will regardless, given your Impero Doctrine.

Understand, however, that Solitude did not enter the war intending to support the Global Defence Initiative, nor to slight Viridia. It did so in support of the League, and now that the League no longer exists, there is no longer any reason to continue this crusade.

If Viridia would like to talk more of this, I can be found frequenting #cn-cg. I will also have no qualms about staying in #ve for a period of time.

If Solitude is seeking peace then you will need to contact Viridia's gov't. I dont think we will be accepting white peace anytime soon.

Edited: Because Solitude is only one person. Not plural. Fixed Grammar.

Edited by SonOfHoward

If Solitude is seeking peace then you will need to contact Viridia's gov't. I dont think we will be accepting white peace anytime soon.

Edited: Because Solitude is only one person. Not plural. Fixed Grammar.

VE is the aggressor(against GDI), and you ask for reps?

VE is the aggressor(against GDI), and you ask for reps?
Who's talking about reps, man?

Also, VE being the agressor? We're justly defending, as per surrender terms, the New Pacific Order, and GDI decided to escalate the war against us. I must instruct you to educate yourself on the matter, dear Hellscream, for your ignorance of these thingies going on and such is showing.

Who's talking about reps, man?

Also, VE being the agressor? We're justly defending, as per surrender terms, the New Pacific Order, and GDI decided to escalate the war against us. I must instruct you to educate yourself on the matter, dear Hellscream, for your ignorance of these thingies going on and such is showing.

It all depends on your point of view, Solaris. You defended NPO against a raid, not a full-scale alliance war. VE escalated it into a full-scale alliance war. Although it was justified, you escalated. RV defended, Solitude defended RV.

Well either hes an alliance who attacked us, or a Rogue nation who gets Impero'd, either way I'm thinking white peace unlikely if only so that nobody else gets it into their heads crap like this is a good idea.

ZI has never been a deterent for this sort of behaviour. EVER. Please don't go thinking that you're going to be making sure "nobody else gets it into their heads crap like this is a good idea" because you're not.

And if you sincerely think that, you're completely full of yourself.

Oh just give him peace. Sure he attacked y'all but he did it in defense of a friend against all odds. You gotta say that it takes a certain type of courage to do that. Now that RV's alliance no longer exists, what's the harm in letting him go... He's just one man, and like astronaut jones said... If it happens again, you can ZI him to your heart's content. However, do not spin this into making it sound like you are justified in "making an example" of him to prevent others from doing the same. If people took influence that easily, we'd all be at war.

ZI has never been a deterent for this sort of behaviour. EVER. Please don't go thinking that you're going to be making sure "nobody else gets it into their heads crap like this is a good idea" because you're not.

And if you sincerely think that, you're completely full of yourself.

Ahh yes cause letting people who attack us get off scott free is a great way to deter attacks in the future.

You pull the same crap people in debates with no good position pull all the time, Make the other position look stupid to draw attention away from the fact that your's is just as bad.

If you think ZI is an ineffective deterrent how about you in your infinite wisdom tell us what is? It might not be a perfect solution, but I bet it stops more attacks than doing nothing at all would.

Ahh yes cause letting people who attack us get off scott free is a great way to deter attacks in the future.

You pull the same crap people in debates with no good position pull all the time, Make the other position look stupid to draw attention away from the fact that your's is just as bad.

If you think ZI is an ineffective deterrent how about you in your infinite wisdom tell us what is? It might not be a perfect solution, but I bet it stops more attacks than doing nothing at all would.

If some dude just rogues you out of nowhere, ZI him. This guy was just defending an ally.

-Bama

I don't know about you, but a week of war sounds good to me. Granted, for smaller nations that may very well be a ZI, but I'd say it shows that you're handling it without being particularly brutal. You have to look at it on a case by case basis as well. Some rogues warrant a full ZI, some don't.

I don't know about you, but a week of war sounds good to me. Granted, for smaller nations that may very well be a ZI, but I'd say it shows that you're handling it without being particularly brutal. You have to look at it on a case by case basis as well. Some rogues warrant a full ZI, some don't.

Well I'd have to double check, but I believe the exact policy is ZI or reps of 3x damage caused, but as bama pointed out...

If some dude just rogues you out of nowhere, ZI him. This guy was just defending an ally.

-Bama

If you want us to treat him as an alliance (ha) even of one (why the hell not). Then we end up with, him declaring aggressively on us without treaty. (I don't ever recall seeing a FAIL Solitude treaty of any kind, (neither have wiki pages) If you know of one though please point me at it.

In that case, he (his alliance?) is bandwagoning, and just about everybody takes a pretty dim view of that too.

But hey, I'm just being grouchy right now, maybe we'll grab a beer, decide the hilarity was worth it and let him go.