On the relationship between the FCC and Farkistan

We interrupt the usual forum banter for this late breaking news regarding a change in diplomatic relations between the FCC and Farkistan.

FCCTreatyheader.jpg

[15:05] <RavingMainyYak[FARK]> Well guys, what do you all think of the treaty?

[15:08] <Persephone3> YAK! WTF?

[15:09] <ManwithplanX[FARK]> Yak, Federal Communications Commission? Is this a joke?

[15:09] <Pope_Rodger[FARK]> facepalms

[15:10] <Janquel[Fark]> whoever erected this senile old goat as Speaker?

[15:11] <Fluoroalien[FARK]> that's not really fair Janquel. Yak may be old and senile, but he's not a goat.

[15:11] <Persephone3> Was he even awake during the Council meeting when you discussed the FCC treaty?

[15:13] <FireGuy15207[Fark]> He was awake. I saw him with the TV remote flipping through the channels mumbling something about "200 HD channels and still nothing on"

[15:16] <RavingMainyYak[FARK]> Wait! What? What do you mean not that FCC?

[15:16] <FireGuy15207[Fark]> oh lol

[15:17] <FireGuy15207[Fark]> you're stupid and you should feel bad

[15:17] <Pope_Rodger[FARK]> you've set back Farkistani foreign relations by days.. weeks even. My Nuts will be hurting trying to repair the damage.

[15:18] <Janquel[Fark]> so, what are we going to do. the FCC wants the treaty. we said yes. now what?

[15:20] <Quadriplegic[fark]> looks at Yak with those sad, brown eyes, brown like the colour of fresh poop left in your !@#$%^& neighbour's mailbox on a summer morning

[15:20] <Quadriplegic[fark]> FCC is not Federal Communications Commission, it's Fifth Column Confederation

[15:22] <RavingMainyYak[FARK]> Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Fifth Column Confederation. F C C ..... boy am I embarrassed.

[15:22] <RavingMainyYak[FARK]> Hang on a couple minutes

[15:32] <RavingMainyYak[FARK]> How's this . . . http://www.farkistan.org/index.php?topic=23109.0

[15:35] <Quadriplegic[fark]> Much better. But you're still old, senile, and you smell bad. :)

[15:36] <Pope_Rodger[FARK]> I'll post it.

Farkistan-FCC.jpg

Security, Information Sharing, Trade, and Economic Relief (SISTER) Treaty

Now with 100% more ODP than the average store brand treaty

The undersigned alliances, the Fifth Column Confederation (FCC) and Farkistan (Fark), desire to inform all of Planet Bob that they remain an “item,” and hereby proclaim that they are taking the relationship to the next level; that is to say “friends with benefits.” Being compatible in terms of philosophical and political beliefs, it is hereby decided to formalize friendly relations between these two groups, and to further the fortunes of both by sharing resources and knowledge.

Security

To aid in the defense of the nations of the FCC and Fark from rogue attack, both alliances will share "KoS/Rogue nation" lists. In this context, "rogue" will be defined as any nation that lacks recognized political affiliation and attacks member nations of either alliance. No nation of either alliance will be required to declare on the rogues of the other alliance; however, such aid is both encouraged as will further good-will between the FCC and Fark, not to mention, being environmentally responsible by cleaning up the trash from Planet Bob.

Information Sharing

Isaac Asimov tells us, “If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.” So it is that advanced warning of future events or actions can give an edge to those who possess it, if such knowledge is coupled with wisdom. Alfred Lord Tennyson offers us this nugget, “Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.” As such, the FCC and Fark agree to share information that can be considered useful to the other alliance. Such information will be shared through the embassies of each alliance, though individual nations may also have access to the "public" areas of both alliances. While each alliance should only pass on information they know to be true (or include a disclaimer in cases where such information is in doubt), neither alliance is obligated to present any and every scrap of information by force, and there is no penalty for withholding information, either inadvertently or deliberately.

Trade and Economic Relief

In the sense that trade is the lifeblood of any nation, and to the extent that nations of the FCC and Fark share the Aqua trading sphere color, it is to the benefit of both alliances to simplify resource trade between member nations. As such, both the FCC and Fark will strive to seek trades among member nations, and to share information concerning offered/sought trades. At no point is such trade mandatory - the purpose of this system is to increase benefit from trades to all parties, not to restrict trade.

In addition, it is understood that some nations will occasionally need financial aid (after a war, when saving for a Harbor, etc), and that there are nations more suited to offering said aid than others (making 500k a day as opposed to 5k). As such, the undersigned agree to allow nations from one alliance to request aid from the other. No nation is required to provide said aid, and if aid IS offered, it is up to the individuals involved to decide if said aid is intended as a gift, or as a loan. As such, it is hoped that willing financial support from both alliances will further the bonds of friendship and goodwill between the two groups, in ways that compelled aid cannot.

We don’t have to, but we have your back

Neither signatory is bound legally, but should either request aid, either military or financial, the other must consider the request, and it should not come as a surprise to the world community should either signatory agree to aid the other in any way. Should the decision be made not to offer aid, then courteous discussion on the situation should take place between both signatory alliances.

Conclusion

In opening lines of communication between the undersigned alliances, but not compelling mandatory action on the part of either side, it is hoped that friendship and loyalty will blossom. In such a way, bonds may be formed that are far stronger than a simple pact or treaty, which are all too often not worth the paper they're not even printed on. However, there may come a time when this treaty is no longer seen as a desirable thing, and to maintain it past that point would do far greater damage than any benefit derived thereof. As such, should a time come when either alliance wishes to dissolve this treaty, they need only announce such in the embassy of the other alliance to do so with no ill-will. This would not necessarily be the prelude to hostilities, but merely indicative of the two alliances entering a new phase in their relationship (which may still be quite friendly, or simply neutral).

Signed for Farkistan:

• [li] Quadriplegic, Submitter[/li]
    [li] dontcareaboutmyid, Squirrel[/li]
    [li] Raving MainyYak, Speaker of the Council[/li]
    [li] ironone, TotalFark Council[/li]
    [li] Randomly Jim, TotalFark Council[/li]
    [li] Janquel, TotalFark Council[/li]
    [li] FireGuy15207, TotalFark Council[/li]

Signed for the Fifth Column Confederation:

• [li]Methrage, King[/li]
    [li]Bradicus, Director of Foreign Affairs[/li]
    [li]Lovealot, Director of Development[/li]
    [li]Deligo, Director of Technology[/li]
    [li]TheAmplified42, Director of Expansion[/li]
    [li]Cujothekitten, Director of Interior[/li]

fcc_seal_240.png

Original treaty Ratified by Farkistan on: 24 December 2007

Ratified by the FCC on: 31 December 2007

Revised treaty ratified by Farkistan on: 29 July 2009

Ratified by the FCC on: 12 August 2009

Edited by dontcareaboutmyid

[OOC]I'm assuming that the [li ] [/ li] is not supposed to be some form of BBCode, but is a reference to the FCC theme?[/OOC]

Congratulations on the treaty. You've picked a good treaty partner, FCC.

lol [ooc]it's a common code for a list. we have it on our forum[/ooc]

This makes me CENSORED in my CENSORED. I mean if this were a CENSORED I'd be CENSORED CENSORED like the CENSORED of CENSORED. Because man, CENSORED is the best CENSORED CENSORED anyone could ever get. And really, thats not too far off, with FCC being the CENSORED CENSORED that they are. I CENSORED you FCC.

Edited by chewy milk

This makes me CENSORED in my CENSORED. I mean if this were a CENSORED I'd be CENSORED CENSORED like the CENSORED of CENSORED. Because man, CENSORED is the best CENSORED CENSORED anyone could ever get. And really, thats not too far off, with FCC being the CENSORED CENSORED that they are. I CENSORED you FCC.

Dude... did you just censor real life? Awesome!

Treaty is pretty great too!

O\ Hali?

lol [ooc]it's a common code for a list. we have it on our forum[/ooc]
Nope, just a very fine fail lol

[OOC]Sounds like you want [ LIST][* ]Entry Goes Here[/ LIST] instead, which gives you:

• Entry 1
  • Entry 2
  • Entry 3

[/OOC]

Edited by Arrnea