At Long Last, the End of the Karma War

Archon

What seems like ages ago, I came before the world to introduce a coalition, Karma, which would change the face of this world. This coalition brought about the destruction of the Hegemony which ruled Planet Bob with an iron fist, and while its purpose, goals, and methods (including terms of surrender) have been oft debated, this is not the place to do that. That is for the individual alliances who made up the loose coalition to discuss - the alliances grouped here are but a small subset of the whole. This is to honor the end of the largest conflict ever to engulf our planet, and to pay our respects to those who served valiantly until the bitter end.

I am here to formally announce the surrender of The Phoenix Federation. They fought with honor and decency, and have patiently worked with us to hammer out these terms. Though his signature may not be on this, due to the announcement made earlier by him, mhawk was very helpful in this process. I would also like to give my thanks to Azaghul and OBM, who were invaluable in this process in working on terms that were acceptable to all involved.

And so, without further ado, as the Voice of Karma, I hereby declare an End of Hostilities in the Karma War, and present to Planet Bob the Instrument of Surrender for The Phoenix Federation:

Article I ~ Surrender

The Phoenix Federation (TPF) hereby formally surrenders and admits defeat to Karma, and specifically to Poison Clan, Mushroom Kingdom, Federation of Buccaneers, Nueva Vida, Christian Coalition of Countries, and the Greenland Republic.

Article II ~ ZI lists and wars

TPF formally releases all nations from any ZI, PZI, or EZI lists and declares a white peace in all wars against any nation, alliance affiliation, or alliance that is not the undersigned. TPF releases all claims on all alliances (including surrender terms but not treaty partners) and alliance affiliations other than The Phoenix Federation and applicable applicant alliance affiliations.

No offensive war or spy attack may be launched against any nation except ghosts and rogues against TPF for the duration of these terms, under the provisions outlined in Article IV.

Article III ~ Reparations

Section 1

TPF agrees to pay the following in reparations:

- 20,000 tech to Poison Clan, can be turned into money at 3mill/100 tech.

- 180 million to Federation of Buccaneers

- 9,000 tech to Mushroom Kingdom

- 120 million to Greenland Republic

Section 2

Starting after a 15 day grace period, at least 4,000 tech to PC, 45 million to FoB, 1,800 tech to MK, and 30 mill to GR must be paid every month until that alliance's quota is filled.

Section 3

All reparations, except to PC and GR, must be paid directly by TPF. TPF may not receive outside aid offers except with signatory alliances until reparations with PC, FoB, and GR are completed.

Section 4

PC, FoB, MK, and GR may each relax or drop any of the terms or requirements in this Article on an individual basis by their own discretion.

If PC, FoB, MK, and/or GR become involved in a major war, Section 2 will be suspended in regards to the warring alliances for the duration of that war, as well as restrictions on outside aid to TPF in Section 3 because of the delay.

Article IV ~ Military

Section 1

TPF nations must decommission all nuclear weapons, navies, barracks, guerrilla camps, naval improvements, satellites and missile defenses. Nations with the SDI Wonder are allowed to maintain the 3 satellites and missile defenses required for the Wonder.

Section 2

In the instance of a rogue attack, or to drive a ghost from the TPF AA, up to three TPF nations may build all military improvements, navies, and up to five nuclear missiles each in order to attack that rogue or ghost. Only one of those nations can be a holder of a Weapons Research Complex wonder.

Any nation that is attacked by a rogue may build all military improvements, navies, and up to 5 five nuclear missiles as well for the duration of that war.

Section 3

No Manhattan Projects may be purchased for the duration of these terms.

Article V ~ POWs

No nation who surrendered to Karma or left TPF during the war may return to TPF for the duration of these terms.

Article VI ~ Treaties

TPF hereby suspends all treaties with a military clause for the duration of these terms. TPF may cancel any existing treaties at its discretion. TPF may not sign any new treaties with a military clause without the approval of the undersigned as long as these terms are in effect.

Article VII ~ Protection

TPF is under the protection of the signatory alliances for the duration of these terms against any attack that TPF is not reasonably able to deal with themselves.

An attack on any of TPF's protectorates will be interpreted by the signatories as an attack on TPF, and will be responded to as such.

Article VIII ~ Length

These terms will be in effect for a minimum period of 90 days, and will persist beyond that point until all reparation payments are completed. Delays in reparations payments not caused by TPF will not result in extension of these terms.

Violations will be dealt with on an individual basis. Any individual nations repeatedly violating the terms will be subject to expulsion from TPF and ZI.

If by the unanimous judgement of PC, MK, FoB, NV, CCC, and GR, a pattern of violations has occured and TPF is uncooperative in resolving them, it may result in a resumption of hostilities against TPF. The undersigned will maintain channels of communication with TPF throughout the period of this surrender to communicate any and all violations.

Signatures

for The Phoenix Federation

Airikr: Phoenix Magistrate

Beernuts|Away: Phoenix Magistrate

Desperado: Phoenix Magistrate

Jbone: Phoenix Ember and Evil Overlord Emeritus

Oneballman: Phoenix Ember and Evil Overlord Emeritus

Kilkenny: Minister of War

The Crimson King: Minster of Finance

for Mushroom Kingdom

King: Archon

Prince: SirWilliam

Lord High Treasurer: Azaghul

Lord High Vanguard: babyjesus

Lord High Envoy: potato

Lord High Communicator: delendum

Lord High Inductor: lebubu

for Poison Clan

Master Killer - Twisted

The Right Hand Man - Pooks

MoD - Syrik

MoF - Don Fernando

MoFA - Energizer

MoIA - Mushi

The Man - Trinity

Hybrid Venom - Revelation

Master of the Domain - Banslam

for Federation of Buccaneers

Runz - Pirate King

Sagha - Pirate King

Care Bear - Speaker of the Mast

Oda - Speaker of the Crew

for Nueva Vida

Nelchael, Emperor

Gebiv, Lord of War

Hizzy, Lord of Brotherhood

SpaceGhost, Lord of the Interior

Shillelagh, Lord of the Exchequer

for Greenland Republic

Archon: Al

Vice-Archon: Shamedmonkey

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Ilselu1

Minister of Defence: Kestral

Minister of Finance: Kosherness

Minister of Interior: Acid

Senate: Wurzel, Gn0x, Cripple, Jenker, Paulpig

I also wish to note that CCC's signatures have not been included on this document, as they have opted to give TPF a white peace.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The war is finally over with TPF being the last ones out. We honored our word and waited until NPO got peace.

I want to thank all of TPF's allies, as well as those who we do not share a formal tie with, for any and all support along the way. The war is finally over and I guess everyone can finally move on?

Edited by Desperado

Mop up job is over, looks like it's time for the new age to begin.

Edit:

All reparations, except to PC and GR, must be paid directly by TPF. TPF may not receive outside aid offers except with signatory alliances until reparations with PC, FoB, and GR are completed.

I lol'd

Edited by WarriorConcept

Thus ends the largest war in Planet Bob's history. It was a pleasure working with OneBallMan to work past the impasse we had over these terms.

I'm glad to finally see peace and with TPF good luck in rebuilding. My opponents were fun to fight and talk with. Except for that HalfEmpty fellow, may he forever suffer the affects of radiation poisoning from my nukes. :v:

Edited by Azaghul

And so ends the war to end all wars. On April 21, Pacifica still dominated the game as the overwhelming #1 power. Tonight, Karma has defeated the Hegemony and is the victor of the Karma War. Congrats on peace.

o/ TPF

o/ MK

o/ PC

Lets make this easier

o/ Karma

Edited by Ryan Greenberg