GOONS Announcement - Jumping the Shark

goons266.png

GOONS Announcement - Jumping the Shark

You probably already know that August the 2nd is a state holiday for GOONS. It also goes without saying that we naturally hope this one to be better than the last. So, in the spirit of celebrating this joyous occasion, we have several announcements that must be made. Please join us as we cut the legs off of our pants and throw our shoes into the ocean while we sit back and wave through the

First off, we have conducted a highly scientific* poll amongst GOONS leadership regarding some of our favorites. Here are the results:

Favorite New Wonder: Moon Colony

Favorite Ice Cream: Phish Food

Favorite TV Station:

Favorite Movie:

Congrats to all the winners! *As the boss, I told them how to vote. By which I mean I filled in their ballots myself and never told anyone about the poll.

Next up is a slightly sadder announcement. Well, for some of you. As the tide changes, so to does GOONS leadership. Due to frailty and senility brought on by aging (OOC: RL issues), I have been unable to devote the time to GOONS it deserves. As John Kinsey said, "It's like a rudderless ship, bobbing up and down on the ocean." So, I must announce that I will be stepping down as Pilot of GOONS, suceeded by Sardonic. This, of course, cascaded into other people being tapped to back fill positions, leaving GOONS with the following leadership:

Pilot: Sardonic

Co-Pilot: TTaagg

Strategos: LunaticFringe

Secretariat: Mert

Council: Tristesse, ColdFFF, Mitsuo

Game Engineer: Evildeliverance

Banking Director: Biatz

Assistants to Strategos: Bloodjewel, Lace

Members Emeritus: lamuella, salithus

I hope you all will join me in congratulating them and wishes of success and prosperity. I know they will do well, and am looking forward to many nights walking barefoot along sandy beaches.

Finally, as a public service announcement for the week ahead, we wish to remind you all that unprovoked shark attacks are rare, and not as likely as people think. In the event of an injury, please seek medical care.

Sincerely,

salithus, Former Pilot of GOONS

I want to take this time to thank salithus profoundly for all that he helped GOONS accomplish, without him I am not sure we would have been able to successfully reform. It was an honor to serve under you.

I am attempting to get a hold of GOONS (mainly those who were around in the original GOONS).. please query me if you see me on IRC.

I'm available during non-working hours, generally. Our channel is #cngoons on coldfront or #cybergoons on irc.synirc.net .