Tabloid Tribune #149 | Clerk Report Y5.T3.4

The Tabloid Tribune

One Step Ahead of the Truth

Since September 2003

Issue #149 - World Edition | Pacifican Edition

Prodigal Chieftain Sues Poison Clan for Identity Infringement

prodigalchieftain.jpg

Prodigal Chieftain, the one true CN, says Poison Clan is sullying his name.

Cybernations High Court, Modland: When the letters PC are seen, people in the Cyberverse know that specious reasoning, billowing anger and bat!@#$ crazy is nearby. However, the original holder of those letters, Prodigal Chieftain, is suing the Poison Clan for utilizing them without his permission. Prodigal Chieftain stated in a brief filed today that "I am the true and righteous hero of CN, and the owner of the letters P and C. Who rallied the world to arms in the greatest single effort this goddamn place has ever seen? I did. Without me there is only darkness and evil, I am everything we supposedly wanted to save about this game. I am CN! I am PC!"

Indeed, Prodigal Chieftain, as founder and only Emperor of the Grand Global Alliance, spent his entire career fighting the New Pacific Order and believe that Poison Clan is ruining his good name by being NPO puppets. Poison Clan's existence has been marked by marching lock-step with the Continuum Alliances and bringing darkness to the world. The first paragraph of the wiki article seems to confirm the NPO part of Mr. Chieftain's claims.

A band of warriors, we bring our military experience from VietFan, the Unjust War, BAPS war, the War on Peace, and now the Mother's Day Massacre and the Continuum-NoV War. We live hard, raid hard, war hard, and die hard.

In addition to weak anti-Pacifican credentials, Prodigal Chieftain believes that Poison Clan fails to have the vindictiveness and insanity to live up to the PC initials. However, Poison Clan's recent actions seem to refute this: In their war on the Phoenix Federation, Poison Clan broke their non-aggression pact instead of cancelling the treaty, and tech-raided the alliance California during the largest war in CN history. While the raid was successful, Poison Clan agreed to $120 million in reparations to shut people up, and tacked their debt onto the final reparation bill for The Phoenix Federation, who would be paying for damages to their own protectorate inflicted by their worst enemy. Many across the Cyberverse feel this is at least on par, if not worse than, when Prodigal Chieftain threatened the Green Protection Agency with a Moldavi Doctrine of the Green Team and a coup of the GPA leadership if they did not merge into the Grand Global Alliance.

Poison Clan Leader TwistedRebelDB47 stated that "Poison Clan's participation in the Karma War on the side of the group we thought would win shows that we are Anti-Pacifican, and our humiliating terms for The Phoenix Federation, which includes them paying more money to us than all other alliances combined, shows that we have the vision and ideals to live up to the PC initials. I'm sure that CN believes that we are the true owners of PC and will continue the fine legacy of these initials."

Oral arguments start next week, and the trial is expected to take three months.

-----

Written by Sir Paul

The Tabloid Tribune - One Step Ahead of the Truth

Proudly Part of PNN

Prodigal Chieftain Wiki | Poison Clan Wiki

Karma Violates Surrender Terms

13georgewbush.jpg

A Karma spokesperson, inviting the world to "do something about it."

Springfield, SIR PAUL: In a blow to free people everywhere, the coalition of nations known as Karma have violated the terms of the New Pacific Order instrument of surrender, sending shock waves through the Cyberverse. Testing public reaction to terms violations in preparation for something more sinister in the future, Karma has done what amounts to an illegal sponsorship embargo of Pacifican Media, infringing on the rights of foreign sponsors as well as the suppression of freedom of speech.

As the world is aware, the New Pacific Order is currently paying off the largest reparation sum in world history both nominally and proportionally ($20.5 billion or 148% of techworth, respectively). Paying this debt and rebuilding Pacifica means that so much media funding to the Pacific News Network has been impounded that PNN might eventually have to degrade into a one-man show with lots of arm waiving and no support staff. To help support quality media operations, the Pacific News Network has been exchanging reparation payment notes for postings in the popular PaulsLIST column. Indeed, while the terms "assess" $10 billion on the New Pacific Order, the terms explicitly allow "any nation" to pay the cash portion.

I. Reparations of 350,000 tech and $10,000,000,000 will be assessed upon the New Pacific Order. All reparations of the 350,000 technology must be paid by nations with greater than or equal to 1000.00 technology upon the signing of these terms. Money reps, or money reps which are converted to tech, may be sent from any nation. Reparations shall be sent as 50 tech packets or as $3,000,000 aid packets only. Up to $3,000,000,000 of the money reps is convertible to tech at the standard rate of $3,000,000 for 100 tech, at the discretion of the New Pacific Order. The remaining $7,000,000,000 in money reparations may also be converted to tech at the mutual consent of both the New Pacific Order and the alliance receiving the reparations packages. The reparations are to be paid starting August 1st of 2009.

With sponsors lined up to pay the Pacifican Debt in exchange for airtime, Karma officials quickly shut down the program, saying that they would only accept payments from Pacificans. Some sponsors offered to join the Pacific Order for the duration of the terms in exchange for a listing, but again, Karma stated that it would not be allowed. Sir Paul, founder of PaulsLIST, argued that the exchange is perfectly legal within the letter of the agreement as well as the spirit of the agreement, since term B.II. talks of the need for quick and prompt payment. As Karma concedes, this system will speed up payment and expedite the rebuilding of Ragnarok, Ordo Verde, and other battered alliances. However, a source within Karma stated that "Although we have an entire term dedicated to the speed of the reparations, this is not about building up our nations so much as crippling Pacifican nations. We're actually hoping the Pacificans fall behind schedule so we can get a second swipe against them while their militaries are decommissioned."

In order to keep the Tabloid Tribune afloat, the editor asked if one of the 18 signatories were willing to waive a portion of their reparations in exchange for a PaulsLIST post, would they be allowed to do so? Londo of Athens stated in a private interview that in the unlikely event one of the recipients of the reparations chose to waive part of their share, it would be reapportioned to other recipients. Besides, since Karma has decided not to make public each alliance's share, it would be difficult for the editor to work out a deal even if it were possible.

During a press conference, Karma was asked about how they could justify excluding foreign payment of reparations. Their spokesman had the following to say:

The terms state that ten billion cash will be "assessed" upon the New Pacific Order. As the movie The Blues Brothers teaches us, while the assessed party is responsible for the debt, anyone can pay that debt. This is especially true in Pacifica's case, when the terms explicitly state that "any nation" may pay. There are no two ways about it: it is perfectly legal for any nation to pay Pacifica's cash debts. However, Karma has decided it is in our best interest not to allow anyone but Pacifica to pay. If they don't like it, they can do something about it.

However, some people are doing something about it. Kulomascovia has written a letter to Karma leader Londo requesting permission to pay portions of Pacifica's reparation bill in exchange for a posting in PaulsLIST, and the Pacifican Imperial Clerk has filed a grievance with the Karma Reparations Oversight Committee. So far the KROC has held firm to their current opinion.

missionfromgod.png

Kulomascovia, on a mission from God, at the Karma Assessors Office attempting to buy media for his alliance.

Z'ha'dam, the Imperial Officer of Media Affairs, has requested international condemnation of the breach in surrender terms, noting that Pacifican Media has played an important role in Planet Bob's history and reminds the world that in this new age of free speech and free ideas, someone has to pay.

-----

Written by Sir Paul

Proudly Part of PNN

Pacifica To Make First Payment into Karma Investment Fund

bankvault.jpg

The Pacific Bank preparing to once again send money overseas.

Francograd, New Pacific Order: In the impregnable bomb shelter of the Pacific Bank, which houses the vaults of the Imperial Treasury and the interim offices of the Chairman while the building above is being rebuilt, clerks are finalizing the paperwork for the largest transfer of cash and technology in the history of Cybernations.

"It's a big project, but we're a big bank," said Pacifican Reparations Oversight Committee member Cortath, who negotiated the instrument of surrender and is in charge of coordinating the effort move billions. Drafting hundreds of nations into the Technology Corps and Pacifican Bank, the ROC is laying the foundation of a system that could survive for years to come, funneling money and technology into domestic development projects. However, investment abroad must happen first.

It was the Emperor's wisdom that gave Pacificans the idea of diversifying their holdings. While Pacificans are used to sending money overseas (more than any other alliance in history) it has always done so for humanitarian reasons, and not for investment purposes. However, with the world economy currently in doldrums, it makes sense for Pacificans to invest heavily in under priced commodities and equities, such as Athenian Aluminum, Ragnarokian Spice, Dutch Food Processing, and Viridian Oil. In all, Pacificans are expected to invest $20.5 billion in cash and tech in foreign holdings.

According to Finance Minister Frawley, "The key, of course, is to play the long game. The Order intends to hold on to these Kolectively Amalgamated Risk Management Asset (KARMA) investment vehicles for two to three years, until they mature. At that point, the Order will collect on its investment and we are expected to have a return of fourteen fold, or about $287 billion in cash and tech. It will be a boon for the people of The Pacific and propel the fortunes of Pacifica."

In compliance with the Transparency Act of 2004, the Pacifican Government will be releasing the amounts and location of all investments so that the public track how the people's money is being used.

-----

Written by Sir Paul

Proudly Part of PNN

PaulsLIST

Has been CANCELED due to Karma violation of surrender terms. This feature will start again when someone does something about it.

-----

Written by Sir Paul

The Tabloid Tribune: One Step Ahead of the Truth

Proudly Part of PNN

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest here: you know what the term meant.

Edit: but a good piece of propaganda nontheless. NOW this is the old Paul we all remember.

According to Finance Minister Frawley, "The key, of course, is to play the long game. The Order intends to hold on to these Kolectively Amalgamated Risk Management Asset (KARMA) investment vehicles for two to three years, until they mature. At that point, the Order will collect on its investment and we are expected to have a return of fourteen fold, or about $287 billion in cash and tech. It will be a boon for the people of The Pacific and propel the fortunes of Pacifica."

This sounds rather ominous, and I hope that NPO learned a lesson this war. If you do this, when another coalition forms to take you down, you won't be given peace. Ever. If you come out of this war and try to enact the same revenge you did after GWI, it will not end well for you. I honestly want Pacifica to have this second chance. But this IS your last chance. Don't begin trying to knock off Karma alliances one by one, don't try to form coalitions to enact revenge. Realize that the world spoke with this war and said that it is tired of bullying other alliances, destroying communities and running players out of the game. You're being given another chance. Don't screw it up. Because if you do, when the world again mobilizes to take you down, and the world will, you won't be given surrender terms.

Edited by Penkala

Let's be honest here: you know what the term meant

Thank the Lord humor still isn't tolerated in this new world of ours. Why, our former Pacifican Overlords were always quick to shut down people having a good time. I can only feel safe knowing that Karma will be continuing this tradition. Change is scary you know, so I'm glad to see that some things are still the same.

The Prodigal/PC portion was just meh for me but it is amusing that you now have the ability to smear an alliance by showing how they are tied to you. Talk about dangerous propaganda!

Interesting way of catching Karma in its own handwriting. Kind of like the TPF/PC issue eh? Ingenious idea to sell your ability to propagandize, I like it. Good luck with that.

The home run though is the veiled threat to release all payments to the public. So basically karma can try and keep all that hidden but if NPO doesn't go with it, then what's the point? You look like you are trying to hide something yet you don't keep it hidden. NPO experience at all this is beginning to show.

Overall, very well done Paul. These are beginning to take on an edge of seriousness.

Thank the Lord humor still isn't tolerated in this new world of ours. Why, our former Pacifican Overlords were always quick to shut down people having a good time. I can only feel safe knowing that Karma will be continuing this tradition. Change is scary you know, so I'm glad to see that some things are still the same.

Pshh please, I appreciate a good read from Sir Paul as much as you do, good sir. Problem is there are those in NPO who probably believe that.

Seems to me that Pacifica is operating well within their surrender terms. Why isn't Karma allowing them to pay their reparations in the manner that was agreed upon?

Because the reparations were assessed upon Pacifica, meaning they need to pay it.

Edited by Penkala

Pshh please, I appreciate a good read from Sir Paul as much as you do, good sir. Problem is there are those in NPO who probably believe that.

Because the reparations were assessed upon Pacifica, meaning they need to pay it.

So why cant someone join NPO? Was it in the surrender terms that no new nations could join NPO?

Money reps, or money reps which are converted to tech, may be sent from any nation

That's what was signed and agreed upon. Anyone can help Pacifica pay their cash debt.

Seems to me that Pacifica is operating well within their surrender terms. Why isn't Karma allowing them to pay their reparations in the manner that was agreed upon?

That's a good question, but I think I can answer this for you. Karma did say that anyone could pay off the reparations, and they signed off on it. However, the victors interpret the terms. So what if that what the letter of the treaty says? It doesn't matter. We, as in Karma, won the war. So, if you don't like how we're managing things, do something about it. Otherwise shut up. You have no right to speak.

That's a good question, but I think I can answer this for you. Karma did say that anyone could pay off the reparations, and they signed off on it. However, the victors interpret the terms. So what if that what the letter of the treaty says? It doesn't matter. We, as in Karma, won the war. So, if you don't like how we're managing things, do something about it. Otherwise shut up. You have no right to speak.

I shall speak free, for the world has changed!

Good job on the Tabloid, Sir Paul & Media Staff.

True. I remember when people complained when Pacifica acted in the same exact manner. Good times, those were........

That's what was signed and agreed upon. Anyone can help Pacifica pay their cash debt.

Oh please. It means any nation, no matter tech amount. If you'd like they can follow the letter and also re-attack Pacifica for the numerous infringements on the aid policy.

I shall speak free

Only after you do something about it.

What aid policy is that? Just curious.

Vanguard is currently attacking Pansy. Although he surrendered with the NPO and fought under the NPO AA, he was flying a non-NPO AA at the time of surrender, and then forgot to change it. Sort of similar to the situation with LUE after their surrender in GWII. They complained a lot about how the NPO did that, so I find it kind of amusing that Vanguard is pulling this stunt, considering how many of them were in LUE at that time.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Ah, the "Do something about it" statement. I believe that sort of thought stopped when NPO surrendered, giving people the ability to speak their minds without punishment.

Are you sure about that one, Voodoo? I mean, I thought so too, but after several veiled and not-so-veiled threats from the MHA, Sparta, and IAA among others, I'm not so sure anymore.

This sounds rather ominous, and I hope that NPO learned a lesson this war. If you do this, when another coalition forms to take you down, you won't be given peace. Ever. If you come out of this war and try to enact the same revenge you did after GWI, it will not end well for you. I honestly want Pacifica to have this second chance. But this IS your last chance. Don't begin trying to knock off Karma alliances one by one, don't try to form coalitions to enact revenge. Realize that the world spoke with this war and said that it is tired of bullying other alliances, destroying communities and running players out of the game. You're being given another chance. Don't screw it up. Because if you do, when the world again mobilizes to take you down, and the world will, you won't be given surrender terms.

How is what you quoted ominous sounding in any way? Perhaps only if you're paranoid. And who are you to level such threats at Pacifica?

Are you sure about that one, Voodoo? I mean, I thought so too, but after several veiled and not-so-veiled threats from the MHA, Sparta, and IAA among others, I'm not so sure anymore.

Why I am positive. I have yet to be threatened, and I still doubt that many would actually attempt to quiet those that speak against them.

Oh please. It means any nation, no matter tech amount. If you'd like they can follow the letter and also re-attack Pacifica for the numerous infringements on the aid policy.

That's not what the terms say, Penkala.