A Sith Decree

redflag1.png

nsoannouncementbanner.png

When the New Sith Order first appeared in the Cyberverse we embarked on a mission to set new precedents and see changes in the political landscape of this realm. To date, we have made great strides towards seeing some of the stoic conventions overturned and altered to allow for more open action and more universally feasible growth for all alliances.

Some ideas have been successful and some others have been met with ignorance and have failed, but the will to try remains. Even the greatest among us must take a step backwards on occasion in order to achieve two or three forward in the future.

One such step backwards was our decision some months ago to reverse our initial policy of accepting nations into the alliance that were classified as "ZI" or some other such connotation by another alliance. It has never been my intention to have another alliance dictate to us how we run our affairs. In allowing this revision to move forward we sacrificed some of the bravado with which we came into this realm in order to appease the masses at the time.

The approach was initially heralded by many but the abuses of a few led to the process being overridden by the worst sort of nation. Some nations joined the NSO and utilized my not so insignificant political clout to help them achieve freedom from their bonds only to spurn my willingness to assist them and move forward immediately after they were off the lists.

But, the idea was sound. The conventions of the past, the unjust and unnecessary placement of nations ad hoc on some fanciful list that states they can no longer actively participate in the community of the Cyberverse, are a sham. They harken back to an age of oppression and malevolent misuse of power and we will see the idea pushed forward. One step back will become two steps forward.

To that end, I, as Dark Lord of the Sith, have decided to reverse my revision and return the NSO to open membership for those nations that are on ZI lists from across the Cyberverse. These nations are welcome to apply to our Order, are welcome to seek membership in our community and, if accepted, will be expected to adhere to our path. We will review each nation on a case by case basis and we will not aid or otherwise assist those nations that are accepted until such time as they have achieved their own settlement.

Ivan Moldavi, Dread Lord of Stromholde, Dark Lord of the Sith, Sovereign of the New Sith Order

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So all ZIed nations are allowed in your Alliance?

Good luck Ivan :)

No. The applicants will be reviewed on a case by case basis. We simply do not agree with the concept that every alliance acts in accordance with what is best for the Sith and therefore can not easily accept their judgement upon a specific nation at face value without reviewing the issue ourselves.

I wouldn't let another alliance tell me how to run the internal structures so why should I let them tell me who can and can not apply?

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

No. The applicants will be reviewed on a case by case basis. We simply do not agree with the concept that ever alliance acts in accordance with what is best for the Sith and therefore can not easily accept their judgement upon a specific nation at face value without reviewing the issue ourselves.

I wouldn't let another alliance tell me how to run the internal structures so why should I let them tell me who can and can not apply?

ah ok thanks for clearing that up for me :)

a very bold move but i like it :D

Edited by Sylar

To date, we have made great strides towards seeing some of the stoic conventions overturned and altered to allow for more open action and more universally feasible growth for all alliances.

What stoic conventions have you made great strides in overturning?

What stoic conventions have you made great strides in overturning?

If I thought this was a serious inquiry I might provide it with an answer. Considering the source of the query however, I will simply let my deeds and acts speak for themselves. One only needs to look at our wartime activities and our diplomatic measures to see the truth of my comments.

Of course, as a proponent of the Great Lie, you can do naught but reflect upon them poorly.

Hail, Anthony (ps, you need to get a Stock Market).

As for the annoucement, I sincerely hope this works out better than it did the first time.

Workin' on it, man. My dedication to the Order as a whole is stronger than to my own nation. :excl:

If I thought this was a serious inquiry I might provide it with an answer. Considering the source of the query however, I will simply let my deeds and acts speak for themselves. One only needs to look at our wartime activities and our diplomatic measures to see the truth of my comments.

Of course, as a proponent of the Great Lie, you can do naught but reflect upon them poorly.

I'll ask that question seriously then. The only convention I've noticed you break is the one about recruiting from other alliances. It didn't work out for you, but you attempted it at least.

I'll ask that question seriously then. The only convention I've noticed you break is the one about recruiting from other alliances. It didn't work out for you, but you attempted it at least.

If you say so :rolleyes:

Then you have not been very observant. Also, I provide the previous questioner with the means of finding the answer on his own. You have the means as well. I am not beholden to you or anyone else to explain my comments or elaborate on my actions.

However, I will elaborate to some small extent. Prior to the first NSO declaration of war, how many limited conflicts or white peace end of terms had you observed in the Cyberverse over the last two years? Prior to our initial accepting of ZI nations and openly doing such, how many alliances in the Cyberverse have you seen doing the same on such an open scale? There are other instances of which I can speak but some are still in progress and some are not so public at present. But I believe you can see my point, at least from an alliance wide position, our methods have been, if not wholly unique, at least uncommon...and catching.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

If I thought this was a serious inquiry I might provide it with an answer.

I can assure Mr. Moldavi that that was indeed a serious inquiry. I am a huge fan of overturning the oppressive and illogical conventions of the ancien regime, and as I'm not always up to date with the goings on of every alliance, I am not aware of the efforts of yours to which you are referring.

Considering the source of the query

I don't know what you mean by this. Is it the Jedi thing? Really now.

Edited by Sal Paradise