Poaching from our ranks- NSO

Heft you unbelievable !@#$%^&.

Are you implying good sir that TDO didn't seek the proper private channel diplomatic methods of handling this situation, and instead chose to piggyback onto GOP's announcement in an effort to play the victim card?

How do you live with yourself? colbert.gif

Or you totally missed Heft's sarcasm.

Which you did.

Hah, if it was: Fair enough :P

But you're the first one to point it out, out of like 5 people argueing with me, so im just gonna assume he wasnt being sarcastic.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not especially related to this incident...

Why do people think being neutral means you will not defend yourself? Being neutral means you take no side in a war or politically but it does not remove the ability to defend themselves. If TDO considers this issue an act of aggression then if they do attack the NSO it is by no means an act that betrays their neutrality.

They're not neutral, they're independent.

But you're the first one to point it out, out of like 5 people argueing with me, so im just gonna assume he wasnt being sarcastic.

Uh, it wasn't a demand because he was being sarcastic?

I think that covers all of them.

Why do people think being neutral means you will not defend yourself? Being neutral means you take no side in a war or politically but it does not remove the ability to defend themselves. If TDO considers this issue an act of aggression then if they do attack the NSO it is by no means an act that betrays their neutrality.

I suppose it all depends on context. In a vacuum, that is neutral. But if it is associated with other rhetoric, say, declarations regarding their preferences of other alliances and how they rank them, then it wouldn't be. If they, like certain GPA members did last night, started comparing the merits of IAA to the now disbanded TGR as well as to TJO and so on, then it would be far less neutral, even if it was originally prompted by an act of aggression.

All we received in our attempts to talk to NSO government was a circle of "talk to him, then him, and Ivan is the one that can overrule, but guess what, you won't ever be able to contact Ivan if you tried, so talk to this guy, and when you do, he'll tell you to talk to Ivan"

You were in a major discussion with other neutral alliances with the Dark Council, and still let it fly past. You did not continue this discussion, so we thought it was a closed matter.

All we received in our attempts to talk to NSO government was a circle of "talk to him, then him, and Ivan is the one that can overrule, but guess what, you won't ever be able to contact Ivan if you tried, so talk to this guy, and when you do, he'll tell you to talk to Ivan"

I am unaware of any attempts to contact NSO Gov after that discussion last night, as is Doppelganger (I asked) and anyone else currently online. So I'm left wondering who you actually tried talking to after that conversation last night.

No, I very much demand a sincere and public apology for this egregious insult to my honor.

I speak for everyone associated with my former alliance when I say "$%&@ you." :P

Recruiting from you is okay because it doesn't harm your ability to fulfill your chosen key policy imperatives, as neutrality is not dependent on numbers. In fact, I argued (and you through silence conceded), that the act of recruiting from your alliance increases your level of neutrality by weeding out non-neutrals, making it a net positive for you. Please go back and reread my arguments: they answered all of your objections before you made them.

Perhaps neutrality is all you see in a neutral alliance, but clearly plenty of nations are attracted to neutral alliances. If their primary goal were simply to remain neutral, there would be no reason to have a neutral alliance- it'd be easier to simply enter peace mode, and besides fighting off aggressive alliances there would be nothing to keep active nations there. The primary reason for these neutral alliances to exist is for the desire for community, without having to deal with the politics of Bob. By messaging these members and trying to draw them out of the alliance, you are trying to remove members and take them out of the community. The neutral alliances recruit these members for a reason- it's more fun with more diversity.

Perhaps neutrality is all you see in a neutral alliance, but clearly plenty of nations are attracted to neutral alliances. If their primary goal were simply to remain neutral, there would be no reason to have a neutral alliance- it'd be easier to simply enter peace mode, and besides fighting off aggressive alliances there would be nothing to keep active nations there. The primary reason for these neutral alliances to exist is for the desire for community, without having to deal with the politics of Bob. By messaging these members and trying to draw them out of the alliance, you are trying to remove members and take them out of the community. The neutral alliances recruit these members for a reason- it's more fun with more diversity.

By residing on BOB they will at times have to deal with the politics of BOB, whether they like it or not.

Hey they, join NSO. Now.

HOLY !@#$ POACHING!!!! :v:

[ooc]Seriously though this thread is rapidly backfiring on the OP.[/ooc]

Lol cute. Glad I've wasted the last two months defending your alliance on the forums.

Edited by iamthey

I don't quite buy into that first part, but typically neutrality = passivity.

Either neutral alliances truly have no opinion regarding world events, in which case there's no point being nice to them, or they have a private stance that they refuse to act upon. It doesn't seem that far a stretch to think those who don't stand up for what they believe in are lacking in assertiveness.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

Uh huh...Then I guess the logs that Heft posted and have yet to be contradicted are just a fabrication?

I would hope that this is all resolved amicably, although the tone of the posts thus far have been less than conciliatory. Alliance member poaching is merely that; an act of aggression that should be put down and condemned.

This is just another argument for us. We will only be able to successfully recruit the outcasts and malcontents of your fine community. Thus, we increase the integrity of your community by removing those people who degrade it.

Why would the star wars theme influence who we recruit?

Sith are naturally evil. It is who we are. To embrace the dark side is to be truly free.

Shame, shame NSO. You should have tried recruiting from the neutral alliances for =LOST= instead. You know, the original and truest Star Wars-themed alliance.

Seriously though, this is pure Sith evil at its worst. I hope TDO, GPA, and TGC stand up for their respective memberships and their sovereignty in this matter.--Mandellav

Perhaps that clears up the intentions of my statement. I was merely jesting at the idea that it would be spiffy of the NSO to hold a recruitment drive for us here at =LOST= for some theme overlap. NSO...=LOST=...Heh, it's two letters out of five shared. I get so confused sometimes with all these acronyms floating around like training remotes at a Jedi Academy.

And as to embracing the dark side to be truly free: I always put my money on the ending of surrender terms to set me free.

Once again, I jest.

*Edited for spelling error

Edited by Mandellav

HOLY !@#$ POACHING!!!! :v:

[ooc]Seriously though this thread is rapidly backfiring on the OP.[/ooc]

Actually, if you look at the tread, its all just the same people from the same alliance again and again, there is no backfire if its all comming from a couple of sources.

I would hope that this is all resolved amicably, although the tone of the posts thus far have been less than conciliatory. Alliance member poaching is merely that; an act of aggression that should be put down and condemned.

Are you the worlds juror and executioner now?