The Future of the NPO

Daimos

What will be of the NPO after this war?

Not much, but it will still be around... unfortunately...

What kind of changes do you see the NPO will do after this war?

My guess is they will still be stubborn and hungry for revenge

Will the NPO play a role on the next war? If so, in what capacity?

If they do it will probably be minor, because the gov will probably put strict limits on warfare

Will there be an alliance that is willing to sign a treaty with the NPO, If so, which ones?

Not me

Do you see any Karma alliance being allied with the NPO? If so, who and why?

Probably, if you get allied to them you can partly control them from becoming a monster again

Will the NPO seek vengeance? If so, which alliance(s)?

Yes, all of em

Will the NPO disband?

No

Will there be a leadership change in the NPO?

Only be internal coup

Do you want to see a leadership change in the NPO? If so? Who do you want to lead it?

Yes, Perhaps an open minded individual who understands what condition NPO is in, but none of those people are currently in gov, probably an average joe could do it

What kind of political influence the NPO have left towards the CN community? Do they still have any?

Barely any influence is left, and I can only see that dwindle

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a club of curb stomped people....they'd probably fit in quite well.

This whole war is actually a hazing ritual for the induction of NPO, TPF, and Echelon into CnG. Invitations were extended to the rest of the Continuum and One Vision but their cancellation of their MADPs with Pacifica as soon as they realized they were on the losing side as well as their often quick exits from the war have disqualified them.

EDIT to avoid double posting:

Do you honestly think they can get revenge on that many alliances?

Nobody said they had to get them all at once, you know.

Edited by Matthew George

Do you honestly think they can get revenge on that many alliances?

Agreed especially with the treaties that are going. Wars are only going to happen with countless mistakes, espionage and being too awesome than the other.

This whole war is actually a hazing ritual for the induction of NPO, TPF, and Echelon into CnG. Invitations were extended to the rest of the Continuum and One Vision but their cancellation of their MADPs with Pacifica as soon as they realized they were on the losing side as well as their often quick exits from the war have disqualified them.

EDIT to avoid double posting:

Nobody said they had to get them all at once, you know.

Yeah, just seems like that would take a lot of years. And going after all the hegemony alliances doesn't make sense to me. Especially the ones still in.

A lot. And though "political influence" is a bit redundant for a neutral alliance, TDO does have friends so folks should not be messing with them.

Heh, that was my point. Also I like TDO. But as I said somewhere else, I don't fear their war machine.

They will be isolated and for the most part alone except for a few stalwart allies. They will, or atleast they should, seek a low profile and allow the world to feel as if NPO has been put down.

There are the obvious ones that have already been announced but I think their diplomacy will change from an massive outgoing operation to waiting to see which side(s) will approach them when the next lines begin to be drawn.

Yes. They will be one of the last weights thrown on the scale of war.

Will there be an alliance that is willing to sign a treaty with the NPO, If so, which ones?

It will not be just an alliance, it will be a bloc. The one that appears to be on the smaller side of the line when it begins to be drawn.

Of course. The rest is answered in the above question.

It won't have to seek vengeance. The opportunity will be brought to them. It will not be full vengeance but it will be vengeance.

Will the NPO disband?

No.

Yes

Do you want to see a leadership change in the NPO? If so? Who do you want to lead it?

Yes. To me there is only once choice really as she has already been set up to be next.

What kind of political influence the NPO have left towards the CN community? Do they still have any?

Next to none. It will grow though later as alliances begin to turn their animosities towards others that seem more of a threat.

They still have a few allies, and in a few months would be the centre of a mid-strength power cluster (basically NPO, TPF and Purple at the present time). However, they are throwing away goodwill every day that they don't realise they are no longer special.

What is it about Karma alliance members and their perception the NPO is throwing away "goodwill" daily by "speaking of eternal war" and of saying how outrageous and ironic the reps we have been offered are? Also, I do personally believe we think of ourselves as being more special than we should. However, I can say the same for several Karma alliances. Saying that we are "no longer special" after a nearly 200 page thread was maintained regarding our desire to not accept the reps Karma offered us is a bit asinine. Your mere participation in a thread solely about our future seals this fate at the present. The Karma coalition and Irony, oh how they love each other so.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Kristospherein

NSO, TLC, STA. Read your Planet Bob history as to some of the rationale. If I led NPO however, I would also avoid it. While signing treaties will be a priority once the war is over and terms have expired, Frostbite is a new, likely aggressive bloc in the near future and NPO will be ill placed there. A conservative FA approach, avoid war for a while would be best.

Are you being serious? :blink:

Largely, no, in case you missed the war, most of us think them to be backstabbing bullies who have done despicable things over the years to enemy and ally alike. Of course as I mentioned, realpolitik, ask again around Christmas, things might have changed.

I love the hypocrisy of this comment, I hope you remember that one of the despicable things that NPO did was GPA war and I hope that you remember too that your alliance was one of those who supported them, link to refresh your memory: here

In recognition of The Christmas Accords with New Pacific Order, and a request from her Emperor; The Viridian Entente hereby declares their militaristic, diplomatic and financial support to Pacifica in the removal of all that taints the Green Menace.

Let it be known We do this not out of hatred of the Agency, but out of despair for the events that have lead to these circumstances.

Iungere Viridians!

Porro ago Viridis!

Viridian Entente

Rayvon, Lord of the Entente

Chief4Real, Secretary of Defense

SoonerNation, Secretary of the Interior

RudeBoy, Secretary of State

Peeko, Regent

Cornelius, Regent

:rolleyes:

What is it about Karma alliance members and their perception the NPO is throwing away "goodwill" daily by "speaking of eternal war" and of saying how outrageous and ironic the reps we have been offered are? Also, I do personally believe we think of ourselves as being more special than we should. However, I can say the same for several Karma alliances. Saying that we are "no longer special" after a nearly 200 page thread was maintained regarding our desire to not accept the reps Karma offered us is a bit asinine. Your mere participation in a thread solely about our future seals this fate at the present. The Karma coalition and Irony, oh how they love each other so.

Edit: Grammar

I don't think anyone from Karma has even said they were special. It was more like people ridiculing one of your members arguing that NPO shouldn't be treated as harshly as others because NPO's community is "bigger and better" than those they've given harsh reps to.

I love the hypocrisy of this comment, I hope you remember that one of the despicable things that NPO did was GPA war and I hope that you remember too that your alliance was one of those who supported them, link to refresh your memory: here

:rolleyes:

So are you saying that Polaris wouldn't have supported NPO if they called for your help via the Ordinance of the Orders? 'cause the wording of the MADP that VE had with NPO at the time didn't give them a whole lot of wiggle room.

You'll also note that VE was not a signatory on their surrender terms.

Heh. Anyone who thinks Frostbite would open its arms to the NPO or that the NPO would want to be tied to us is deluded. Between us we have Polar, which refused to fight for NPO without a legitimate reason by treaty to do so; STA, which chose Polar over the NPO last summer and has been an outspoken critic of the NPO for a long time; NSO, which is led by Ivan and thus the bogeyman to Moo and his IOs and finally we have tLC - led by Sponge who is of course a world-renowned lover of all things Pacific and is held in great respect by Pacificans.

Perhaps, Hal, it is you who should read up on history, and don't gloss over the sections where the signatories of Frostbite have all been deemed enemies of the Pacific at some point or another.

Ahh...but let's look at history.

The division between the Orders started because of the controversy surrounding Ivan's brief ascension at NPO in August 2007. It was further aggravated by Electron Sponge until finally in 2008 the OoO was dissolved. With a "friendlier" government in place, there are no longer any obstacles to the Orders being reunited.

BTW, how many shots in anger did NPO fire at Polaris? or STA? NSO wasn't around...not to worry though, it's the same number for all three. No, it's very safe to say that there is more hatred felt by STA for NPO's proxies as a result of that war last year than for NPO.

I will grant you that NPO is currently damaged goods. It would therefore not be in the best interest of Polaris or the rest of Frostbite to come forward in defense of NPO or even pretend to like them them at this point. If you are looking longer term and assuming that NPO actually gets peace and someday exits terms, the fit is a natural one and I'm confident that Ivan has already thought about...why? Because I'm thinking it now, and I've not seen a move yet that Ivan has made that I would not have. That's a compliment by the way, I have been impressed by him. He's lived up to his legend.

The question is: will NPO be interested? If they are truly interested in going a completely new direction, then no.

So are you saying that Polaris wouldn't have supported NPO if they called for your help via the Ordinance of the Orders? 'cause the wording of the MADP that VE had with NPO at the time didn't give them a whole lot of wiggle room.

You'll also note that VE was not a signatory on their surrender terms.

Don't put words in my mouth, and I'm not the one who are blaming NPO for their past faults when my alliance share some of theirs fault.

Aren't Karma who say that who signed a MADP with NPO is guilty as them? :rolleyes:

Thanks for one more drop of hypocrisy. :laugh:

The division between the Orders started because of the controversy surrounding Ivan's brief ascension at NPO in August 2007. It was further aggravated by Electron Sponge until finally in 2008 the OoO was dissolved. With a "friendlier" government in place, there are no longer any obstacles to the Orders being reunited.

BTW, how many shots in anger did NPO fire at Polaris? or STA? NSO wasn't around...not to worry though, it's the same number for all three. No, it's very safe to say that there is more hatred felt by STA for NPO's proxies as a result of that war last year than for NPO.

I will grant you that NPO is currently damaged goods. It would therefore not be in the best interest of Polaris or the rest of Frostbite to come forward in defense of NPO or even pretend to like them them at this point. If you are looking longer term and assuming that NPO actually gets peace and someday exits terms, the fit is a natural one and I'm confident that Ivan has already thought about...why? Because I'm thinking it now, and I've not seen a move yet that Ivan has made that I would not have. That's a compliment by the way, I have been impressed by him. He's lived up to his legend.

The question is: will NPO be interested? If they are truly interested in going a completely new direction, then no.

I have to totaly disagree with all that you said after first paragraph, but I'm not the most indicated person to show why you are wrong.

Edited by D34th

I don't think anyone from Karma has even said they were special. It was more like people ridiculing one of your members arguing that NPO shouldn't be treated as harshly as others because NPO's community is "bigger and better" than those they've given harsh reps to.

Good point. I instead meant to say they think they're special rather than they say they are special. There is obviously a distinction.

Quite an amusing post. Including the part where you compare yourself to Ivan.

Basically stating that you think NPO will end up in Frostbite is enough to boggle the mind, the fact that you seem to actually be serious makes it seem more likely that you are wishing to indirectly slander Frostbite.

Take a look at which Blocs still have treaty connections to NPO. There is your answer.

At this rate? Doesnt appear to be much..lost almost all of your allies, your big bad bloc is gone and you either end up paying out damn near all your tech or get stuck in a war that could last till Christmas at this rate

Unless the Kool Aid has been poured down the drain, i dont see anything changing..bullies dont wake up one day and say "oh crap, im a jerk"

Doubtful, besides we all know Fark is going to betray Superfriends with the help of the Teen Titans

Well, those people who cancelled on you will probably come crawling back...who knows

You are still allied to RIA and MHA

Is the sky blue?

Will the NPO disband?

Hope not, you guys have better threads on these forums than even GGA

Meh

See my sig ;)

'Fraid not

Also, to answer something Hal asked about NPO firing at Polaris: does the phrase "pay no attention to the man behind the curtian" have any meaning? lol

Edited by wickedj

NSO, TLC, STA. Read your Planet Bob history as to some of the rationale. If I led NPO however, I would also avoid it. While signing treaties will be a priority once the war is over and terms have expired, Frostbite is a new, likely aggressive bloc in the near future and NPO will be ill placed there. A conservative FA approach, avoid war for a while would be best.

Well, Uhtred was just trying to keep this quiet but seeing as you have obviously been able to access the dealings going on in private I might as well put it out there.

Yes, the NPO is discussing with us the possibility of joining Frostbite once the terms are over. As a future aggressive bloc we need the input of an alliance with experience with bloc aggression and who better than the NPO?

Edited by Tygaland

Hi Daimos,

Are you new or returning?

I hope it will manage to admit its mistakes and learn from them. In this case I could see it growing to take up a prominent and honourable role in the world again, as it did some years ago.

I fear, however, it will be allowed to find peace in its current position, with the current leaders, and become nothing more than an ignorant and bitter collection of pawns for them to use as they plot revenge.

Basically see the first answer. Depends on which way that goes.

Regardless of which way things go otherwise, the NPO will likely be laying low and building strength when the next medium-sized or larger war hits. I assume you mean that - small ones happen every day.

It all depends on what road y'all choose

Also remember that "Karma" is a force of nature, not an alliance :) It's being called the Karma war (although more properly called GWIV) because the simple fact is the NPO p***ed off/on just about the entire civilised world over the past year. It terrorised many, many victims, some completely innocent, some less so, but in the end it just made so many enemies that very nearly the entire world spontaneously moved together to bring it down. That isnt something that just happens. That took MANY months of work, poor work but work nonetheless, on behalf on NPO government.

When virtually the entire planet stood up as one to end that reign of terror, it wasnt a strong coalition with real ties. Just an incredible mass of people standing up at once and saying "no more!" So of course once the current war ends you can expect those alliances to go different ways. If my hopes come true, you could wind up allied with some of the more peaceful alliances, if not then you will wind up allied with others, either way I suspect it will happen though.

Case 1: No, NPO will quit blaming others for NPO actions and realise there is no need for vengeance.

Case 2: Absolutely. NPO will find new focus by planning the humiliation and destruction, one after the other, of each and every alliance that fought against them, and several of those who defended them as well.

Will the NPO disband?

Not likely would be my guess, but your guess might be better than mine on this. That depends entirely on internal NPO factors.

I wouldnt want to see that happen, but then again if y'all cant get a decent government in it would probably be better to disband than continue to drag the name of Pacifica down.

Required for scenario 1 I suspect. Also seems unlikely at this point, unfortunately. But it really is your only hope.

Yes, absolutely.

Who? That is for the NPO to answer. But you need a wholesale .gov purge if you are to have any chance of becoming respectable again IMOP.

NPO influence was squandered by your leaders ages ago. They seem to have felt that they had enough raw power they no longer needed it. If you manage to reform and become respectable again, you will regain some influence.

Well, Uhtred was just trying to keep this quiet but seeing as you have obviously been able to access the dealings going on in private I might as well put it out there.

Yes, the NPO is discussing with us the possibility of joining Frostbite once the terms are over. As a future aggressive bloc we need the input of an alliance with experience with bloc aggression and who better than the NPO?

I can confirm this. As you have seen, Tyga has been a strong advocate of white peace for the New Pacific Order and is using his influence to bring the conflict to an end swiftly. As you know, Electron Sponge has been an agent of the Order, and his actions and "rebellion" was simply a way for us to launch our nukes at specific targets while Frostbite takes the time to shore up their positions. Once the dust settles, massive aidfalls under the direction of Ivan Moldavi will rebuild the Order and the Frostbite star will add a fifth point, thus completing Franco's Star on the Logo and the world will know peace, strength and prosperity whether it wants to or not.

I can confirm this. As you have seen, Tyga has been a strong advocate of white peace for the New Pacific Order and is using his influence to bring the conflict to an end swiftly. As you know, Electron Sponge has been an agent of the Order, and his actions and "rebellion" was simply a way for us to launch our nukes at specific targets while Frostbite takes the time to shore up their positions. Once the dust settles, massive aidfalls under the direction of Ivan Moldavi will rebuild the Order and the Frostbite star will add a fifth point, thus completing Franco's Star on the Logo and the world will know peace, strength and prosperity whether it wants to or not.

:mad:

No need to spill all the beans!