An Announcement

Resolution #1:

WHEREAS the world has declared its intolerance for the vicious and avaricious doctrines of the past

RECOGNIZING that the Moldavi Doctrine has long been a symbol of the unchecked power of the New Pacific Order, and her abuses of her station as a leader in world politics have been justified in the same manner as the aforementioned doctrine.

REAFFIRMING the right of all persons to self-determination, whether it be through their choice of residence, or their affiliation with an organized entity.

CONVINCED that the liberty of one man cannot be meaningful unless it is matched by the freedom of all other men, and that it is our sacred promise to all men to promote our common liberties.

I HEREBY DECLARE that the Moldavi Doctrine is null and void. Such tyrannies can no longer be allowed to stand. It is in the spirit of our most recently past Revolution that I make this promise. No man shall be subject to the whims of another simply because he is powerful, or because he can exercise political control over him. All such doctrines, and future attempts at replicating the aforementioned doctrine, shall be combated vigorously and by force of arms if necessary. This is our resolution, and we shall support it with all the strength we can muster.

Signed,

Vilien

- - - - - - - - -

We are standing at a crossroads. The war is almost over, and we have seen unparalleled destruction on both sides. Yet, now, what comes next is not so sure. One power has now been defeated, majorly, for the first time in its history. It is now up to the rest of us to make sure that what we started will not be forgotten. I have heard and seen too many cry for the destruction of the opposition; their bloodlust drowning out their reason. I have had enough of that mentality. "Might makes right" is no longer good enough.

Moralism has won a major victory. But we cannot rest easily, for such a sleep would be difficult indeed. We have acted in defense of these principles: self-determination, liberty, and honor; and we cannot let them out of our sight now. I vow now to defend these principles for which we have already fought so dearly. I ask the world to do the same.

It is in this spirit that I call together a Congress. It will be easy for many to forget what we have lost along the way, and simply go back to the old ways. We must always be watchful, and we must always be ready to meet whatever new threats to our liberties that might arise. The purposes of this Congress are the following:

• To define the concrete goals of Moralism, and give it a purpose in moving forward
  • To create an alliance that follows this vision, and protects these goals, based on the bonds of mutual respect and an understanding between its members

The Congress shall be divided into two groups. Members will be considered a part of the formative alliance, and will wear 'The Moralist Front' as their alliance affiliation. Members will be allowed to vote on all measures and be directly involved in forming a Constitution. Delegates shall consist of interested parties from other alliances. Delegates will be allowed to weigh in on debates in the Congress, but shall not be allowed to vote.

Our forums are located here: http://s3.invisionfree.com/The_Moralist_Front/

And our IRC channel is #moralists.

Good luck to you in the days ahead.

Edited by Vilien

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I HEREBY DECLARE that the Moldavi Doctrine is null and void.

On whose authority? International politics is anarchic, true. Those with the most power will dominate, true. The NPO might have been reduced from 20 million nation strength to under seven million; but even seven million nation strength and 700 nations amounts to more than 600 nation strength, Vilien of Seraphea.

And what say you, Avalanche, about the boldness exhibited by the nation of Seraphea which flies your colors?

On whose authority? International politics is anarchic, true. Those with the most power will dominate, true. The NPO might have been reduced from 20 million nation strength to under seven million; but even seven million nation strength and 700 nations amounts to more than 600 nation strength, Vilien of Seraphea.

And what say you, Avalanche, about the boldness exhibited by the nation of Seraphea which flies your colors?

That's my mistake, I forgot to change the colors. Also, in terms that Pacifica would understand, do something about it.

That's my mistake, I forgot to change the colors. Also, in terms that Pacifica would understand, do something about it.

I should sincerely hope that they do though they won't, not because they can't; but because your alliance of one amounting to a wopping 600 strength simply doesn't pose a concrete threat to them and crushing you for the mere pleasure of watching you squirm under their boots is a small pleasure that must be put off while there is business to be done.

How does it feel, Vilien, to know that you're the source of nothing more threatening to Pacifica's hegemony than hot air?

Have another look. He is with TMF. We wish Vilien well with his endeavours, he has elected to run his own race.

I should sincerely hope that they do though they won't, not because they can't; but because your alliance of one amounting to a wopping 600 strength simply doesn't pose a concrete threat to them and crushing you for the mere pleasure of watching you squirm under their boots is a small pleasure that must be put off while there is business to be done.

How does it feel, Vilien, to know that you're the source of nothing more threatening to Pacifica's hegemony than hot air?

If other business consists of being completely routed by a large number of other alliances, then yes, I'd say that they're occupied at the moment. Far be it from me to distract them from their important business of making precipitous drops in nation strength.

I must admit, I would feel inadequate as a threat to Pacifica's hegemony if had not ceased to exist on April 20th. That said, I hope my hot air will provide them some warmth during the frozen suffering that is nuclear winter.

If other business consists of being completely routed by a large number of other alliances, then yes, I'd say that they're occupied at the moment. Far be it from me to distract them from their important business of making precipitous drops in nation strength.

I must admit, I would feel inadequate as a threat to Pacifica's hegemony if had not ceased to exist on April 20th. That said, I hope my hot air will provide them some warmth during the frozen suffering that is nuclear winter.

I'm sorry but were you not fighting alongside them recently? Or am I imagining where Avalanche fought?

I'm sorry but were you not fighting alongside them recently? Or am I imagining where Avalanche fought?

Avalanche declared war on NPO along with GR and the rest of her allies, and was subsequently attacked by TPF.

I think that's the point of the Congress, to try and bring together the views.

It's more to create an alliance that acts according to a defined and honorable moral compass.

The hegemony you rail against isn't responsible for the loss of all those alliances you promise to never forget in your sig. I somehow doubt you have the moral compass required for this task. Perhaps the TMF Congress would have a better chance at getting things right if you were to excuse yourself from it.

The hegemony you rail against isn't responsible for the loss of all those alliances you promise to never forget in your sig. I somehow doubt you have the moral compass required for this task. Perhaps the TMF Congress would have a better chance at getting things right if you were to excuse yourself from it.

Ah, yes, they were butchered by CnG. I'll apologize to you for my lack of moral compass, as I have clearly displayed it in my actions during my tenure here. I'm sorry that I've disappointed you.