Veritas Aequitas is Takin Care of Business

va-bto.png

Veritas Aequitas & Big Top Order

Protectorate Agreement

To harbor the secure growth and expansion of The Big Top Order (BTO) while creating new bonds of brotherhood, Veritas Aequitas (VA) extends its protection and friendship to BTO. In the spirit of camaraderie and amity, the unwritten tenets of courtesy and respect will always be adhered to with unwavering faithfulness -- in this way, we shall honor one another and grow together.

It is under these ideals that the VA and BTO enter into the following agreement:

Article One: Sovereignty and Governments

A. Both signatories acknowledge and respect the sovereignty of the other; this treaty will not diminish or infringe upon that sovereignty. The purpose of this treaty is to foster and preserve BTO; invading its governance will not achieve these ends.

B. To facilitate the following terms, the VA government will appoint or elect a representative advisor to BTO and task him or her with advising BTO on all aspects of policy.

(1) This advice will not be binding upon BTO.

(2) At the request of BTO, VA will provide a new advisor.

C. BTO will appoint or elect a representative liaison to VA to facilitate the flow of information and advice.

(1) At the request of VA, BTO will provide a new representative.

D. No acts of BTO shall require the approval of their protector, VA, with the exception of any treaties and/or accords guaranteeing any form of military defense or aggression. All other internal and diplomatic decisions of BTO may be enacted with impunity from VA scrutiny.

E. BTO shall maintain a number equal to at least 80% of their nations on the yellow sphere. They may trade with anyone as they see fit.

F. BTO shall support VA’s interests in the Yellow Senate.

Article Two: Military

A. Recognizing that the first line of defense in Planet Bob ought to always be diplomatic relations, VA will provide BTO with any diplomatic assistance required in securing peace for the protectorate.

B. As BTO enters the complete and enduring military protection of VA, any attack on the protectorate is now an attack on the protector, entitled to the same status as a direct attack on the protector.

C. If either signatory should fall victim to aggressive actions from a third party, the countersigned is bound to act in its defense by every available means.

D. If VA should commit aggressive actions against a third party, the countersigned is encouraged to support its aggression, though not required. BTO are strongly discouraged from entering into an aggressive war while under protection.

Article Three: Economic and Financial

A. BTO may request financial support from VA outside of military need in the interest of building economic independence and self-sufficiency.

B. All aid requests will be reviewed by VA government and responded to within 48 hours of their receipt. Requests may be denied without justification, but all must receive due consideration.

Article Four: Cancellation

Either alliance may cancel this treaty without justification. Cancellation of this treaty shall require 96 hours notice via private means. Excepting such cancellations, this treaty shall continue unto perpetuity, until such a time as the signatories agree it has fulfilled its purpose and mutually dissolve it.

Signed for VA

Mrott of Litarew

Lord Protector of Veritas Aequitas

Signed for BTO

Ringmaster- dwthegreat

Lion Tamer: Linares

Juggler: Frocony

Balancer: Biobomber

TightRope: rblankman

Clown: Minicus Romulus X

Advisor: Ballooga

o/ VA

o/ BTO

btw, how is "Veritas Aequitas" pronounced? I always wanted to do it the Classical Latin way, /wɛrɪtas ajkwɪtas/ (WEAR-it-tass I-quit-tass). :P

BTO, VA are awesome people, so you made a good choice here. But I'm sure you already knew that.

o/ VA

o/ BTO

btw, how is "Veritas Aequitas" pronounced? I always wanted to do it the Classical Latin way, /wɛrɪtas ajkwɪtas/ (WEAR-it-tass I-quit-tass). :P

BTO, VA are awesome people, so you made a good choice here. But I'm sure you already knew that.

It's pronounced "varitus Equitas".

And thanks for all the well-wishes.

dwthegreat has been a friend of mine and VA's for quite some time now, and I'm happy to have him and BTO as VA's first protectorate. Should be some good times!