Another Announcement from the GDA and the MCXA

MCXAnewsflag.PNGawesomefinalflag-1.jpg

So, after deciding to cancel The Ring Cycle the Global Democratic Alliance felt that they did not have enough of the sexsi beasts over at the MCXA like KingED, Gopherbashi, and of course Dr. Fresh. So we decided together that we would sign a MDoAP between the two. And yes this is just to confuse more people as to who GDA and MCXA is aligned to. :awesome:

So I present the treaty:

Love for Blue and Bombs

A Mutual Defense and Optional Aggression Pact between

the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance

and

the Global Democratic Alliance

The Global Democratic Alliance and the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance,,

Reaffirming our desire to live in peace with all peoples and to strengthen the bonds of friendship between our respective alliances,

Desiring to rid and forever bury in the minds of all potential aggressors the false illusion that these parties stand alone, and

Resolving to strengthen our efforts for collective defense for the preservation of peace and security throughout the world,

Do agree as follows:

ARTICLE I

The above-named alliances shall be known as the Lovers of Blue and Bombs and obligate themselves to desist from any act of violence, aggressive action, or attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers.

ARTICLE II

The Lovers will consult together when, in the opinion of either one of them, the security of either of the Parties is threatened by external entities. Separately and jointly, through self-improvement and intra-Lover aid, the Parties shall maintain and develop appropriate means to deter and repel armed attacks and shall take all reasonable and proper actions to implement this Treaty and further its purposes.

ARTICLE III

Both Parties recognize that an armed attack upon either member of this treaty, be it by a nation, an alliance, or a union of alliances, and unless bound by treaty to non-aggression or neutrality, shall be construed as an attack upon both signatories. Unless the victim alliance dismisses aid from the Lover, both Parties shall respond to the attack as if they were jointly attacked. Even if not brought in as a combatant, the uninvolved Party shall offer all due assistance, financial and diplomatic, to the warring Party. Both Parties retain the option, but not the obligation, to accompany the other signatory to war when said war is initiated due to foreign relationships or primary aggression.

ARTICLE IV

This treaty is firm and perpetual. We, the undersigned, agree that if either signatory finds that the reasons for the signing of this treaty no longer apply, they may cancel the agreement within seventy-two (72) hours written notice, or immediately by mutual consent of the other party.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned alliances have signed this Treaty.

For the MCXA,

Dr. Fresh, Chancellor

Gopherbashi, Chancellor

KingEd, Chancellor

Sandbender, Minister of Defense

Jimmy2E, Minister of Foreign Affairs

AndrewHG, Minister of the Interior

Bryn1030, Minister of Finance

NeuralLink, High Councillor

TIinPA, High Councillor

For the GDA,

PopCap, President

Compound, Minister of Foreign Affairs

BacTalan, Minister of Economics

SippyJuice, Minister of Internal Affairs

Kiado, Minister of Recruitment

NeoNation, Senate

MoonMan, Senate

William, Senate

Bob the Great, Senate

PS. *This Treaty is suspended until MCXA's terms expire.

Edited by Capitalistic Policie

Are you actually allowed to do this? Seems like a way of avoiding terms imo.

A common Planet Bob practice is to pre-negotiate treaties before the terms of a surrender or other peace treaty have expired. Typically the announcement of the treaty waits until the moment of actual expiration of terms, but I see no harm here. The treaty is worthless at this point regardless.

EDIT: Carry on indeed. I wish both parties well.

Edited by ChairmanHal

Yeah, signing a treaty under peace terms is... odd to say the least, especially when you aren't allowed to actually come to the defense of your ally. It does, however, mean a lot symbolically so all the best to MCXA and GDA.

It's interesting to note how few people have noticed that the GDA didn't cancel The Not So New Kids on the Block Pact. That makes this recent move (cancelling a bloc MADP with MCXA and replacing it with a direct MDOAP) look more like just a downgrade with MCXA rather than what people are thinking.

That said, MADPs should be rare things. Good to see GDA still getting along with Doctor Fresh & co.

Congratulations on retaining ties. When I was MCXA's MoFA though, there had been no activity in GDA's embassy since November last year, has this been rectified yet? I also didn't have any communication with GDA's leadership, even before I was MoFA and just a High Councillor. I presume there's been some negotiations going on, but I have to wonder if MCXA and GDA have restored their relationship to an MDoAP level in the month or so since I left MCXA, or whether this is a treaty with no real friendship behind it? Because if so, I dont really see the point to signing it.