Official Announcement of the CIS

Cheap Mood-Setter

CISBanner.png

Official Announcement of the Confederacy of Independent States

Declaration of Rebirth

Nearly three years ago, Zocane and I began the process of planning an alliance that would bring ourselves, our most trusted friends, and many unknown people together in a band of camaraderie, common spirit, and desire for growth. We all had a lot to learn, and we all made a lot of mistakes, but we did our learning together and we made our mistakes together.

Since that founding those years ago, a lot of regrettable things have happened. I left Planet Bob after angering some powerful people caused my destruction. The great organization that Zocane and I founded, that many others expanded on, and that countless people called home saw its last breath. And before any of that happened, some of the greatest mistakes made occurred during the Farklands War. For that, I hold much responsibility and I cannot apologize enough.

But on this day, together, we will do what we can to right many of the wrongs. Many of us involved miss what we have not had for months or years, and many of us have seen before the unmatchable bond that was once held and wish to be a part of it.

On this Memorial Day, May 25, 2009, it is with uncontainable elation that we announce the resurrection of the Confederacy of Independent States.

We have come home.

Signed

Sir Parry,

High Chancellor

Zocane,

High Magistrate

Gen Beagle,

Prime Minister

Earl McMann,

Minister of Internal Affairs

RoyMcMann

Guerilla Economist

JoshtheGreat

Dorinn

PrototypeNM1

Nic2011

Ptricky

Important Information

D34th

A huge shout-out goes to D34th who did all of the images for us and didn't ask for a thing in return. We'll find a way to pay you back someday.

Charter

Third Charter of the Confederacy of Independent States

Article I. Membership

All nations joining the Confederacy of Independent States must take the following oath:

"I, (ruler) of (nation) promise to follow the will of the Confederacy of Independent States, providing to my fullest and greatest abilities to work towards the better of the alliance and swear full allegiance to the Confederacy."

No applicants shall be denied membership on the basis of team color, ethnicity, or government. No applicant may hold membership in a separate alliance nor be involved in outstanding wars or be in violation of any portion of this charter or documentation passed by the Confederacy of Independent States. Nations must truthfully provide their nation name, ruler name, nation strength, and team color, and recite the oath displayed above. Nations attempting to join will be ratified as members by the High Chancellor or High Magistrate.

Article II. The Duumvirate

The Duumvirate will consist of the High Chancellor and the High Magistrate. Each will serve a life term, and the duumvirs will separately decide on the procedures regarding their succession.

The Duumvirate has complete sovereignty over the alliance. Any responsibility or right not specifically granted to another entity in this document is reserved to the Duumvirate. The High Chancellor and High Magistrate have the right to delegate their responsibilities freely.

In the event that the High Chancellor and High Magistrate cannot agree on a matter of policy, appointment, or any other order of business, either duumvir may bring the issue to the Master Council for arbitration. Should the arbitration fail to produce an agreement between the duumvirs, then the Master Cabinet will decide the matter by majority vote.

Article III. The Master Council

The Master Council will consist of the High Chancellor, the High Magistrate, and whomever they appoint to the Council. Councilors serve at the pleasure of the Duumvirate. However, a Councilor has the right to vote on all business put before the Council during his term, and a Councilor cannot vote on any business put before the Council before his appointment.

The Master Council will assist the Duumvirs in running the alliance. The Master Council has the sole power to ratify all charter amendments passed by the General Council. This must be done by a two-thirds majority.

In the event that the Master Council has reached a deadlock in the arbitration of a Duumvirate dispute, a majority of the Master Council or a Duumvir may put the issue to vote before the General Council.

Article IV. The General Council

Every member of the Confederacy holds a seat on the General Council.

Charter amendments must originate in the General Council, but before an amendment is proposed, it must have five signatories. If at least two-thirds of the voting members of the General Council vote for the amendment then it can be presented to the Master Council for ratification.

Flag

CISFlag500.png

Forums

Our forums are currently at http://z3.invisionfree.com/theCIS/index.php . We look forward to anybody who wants to drop in and check things out or request an embassy.

IRC

irc.coldfront.net#CNCIS

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dig the cheap mood setter, however, I feel this day is as much (if not more) about new beginnings than old memories. Therefore, I feel this cheap mood setter is better suited to the occasion.

On a more serious note I would like to thank Teh Chad for protecting my nation, RARunner for aiding my nation, and all the friends and diplomats that cleared the path for this announcement, especially: Kev, Beagle, Josh, and Nintenderek. You do not know how much this day means to me. I extend a very heartfelt thanks to you all. It is my fondest hope that your service will be remembered for years to come by legions of grateful Confederates.

Hail the Confederacy!

Hail Old Friendships!

and

Hail New Beginnings!

Friendships are a bridge that spans all adversity. True friendship lasts. A friendship was forged during the summer of 2006, and opened to new horizons in the summer of 2007; a friendship that has survived despite death and reincarnation. (OOC: deletion and rerolling)

The friendship shared between those whose signatures you see has outlasted alliances, outlasted prolonged separation, and outlasted ill will aimed at some of the parties involved by the powers that were.

Tonight, we have taken our friendship and done something about it. We have announced our intent to rebuild the Confederacy of Independent States. The Confederacy of Independent States stands for friendship, stands for increased standards in our members, and most of all stands for a change in the political climate on our Planet Bob.

As one era draws to an end, another begins.

o/ CIS

o/ Friendship

/s/

Gen Beagle,

Prime Minister

Congratulations on a successful comeback!

I wish you all luck for the future!

On a side note, thanks for restarting my interest in Barry Manilow hits Zocane. ^_^

That is the nicest thing you could have said Admiral Schwarze. haha

nice one zocane!

Thanks port royale, and thanks for setting up that trade circle!