We come from the depths...

ion4.jpg

Fellow leaders of Planet Bob:

Though what I say now will no doubt be regarded by many as an insignificant event in the passing of greater things, I hope that there are at least a few people out there who will understand the significance of this announcement.  Today marks a date that is long overdue in the minds of those who watched the Independent Oceanic Nations driven to disband for a reason that was laughable at best, and on a more practical scale, patently absurd.

Though we were never strong in numbers, our alliance was always strong in spirit and community.  Our members have remained a tightly-knit group in the seventeen months since Oceana was disbanded, even though many of us had scattered across the four winds of Planet Bob - some even going into exile rather than face a future without their homes.  Over these past seventeen months, that strength of spirit has sustained us while we patiently awaited our opportunity to return from the depths and reclaim our stake in the world.

We have watched.  We have waited.  We have learned.  We will not make the same mistakes we made in previous endeavors.  As our new Constitution states so eloquently:

Though Oceana was defeated in times past, Her spirit remains as everlasting as the waters we once called our home.  Therefore, let every wave and every storm carry our voices once more to our Lady, whose grace extends from the sparkling reefs to the lifeless depths of the trenches.  Let every nation take note that we, the undersigned, once again pledge our lives to this Constitution and to the defense of our Lady from all who would threaten Her.

Let it be known that the Independent Oceanic Nations - Oceana - returns to the Aqua trading sphere of Planet Bob on this date, signed by our hands in the name of our Lady:

Alexei Solistan - Thurokiir of Oceana, Arbiter of Obsidian Reckoning

Stormsend - Mundokiir of Oceana, Heart of Crushed Garnet

Ebony Wings - Azukiir of Oceana, Soul of Sapphire's Embrace

Collectively, the Conclave of Oceana

splash_woman.gif

You may visit our forums here.  Of special interest will be our Constitution, which details the structure of our alliance, and the Book of Law, which contains more practical information regarding alliance policy.  Those who prefer the use of IRC may find us at #ION on Coldfront.  We will be running seafood specials every Thursday, and happy hour will be nightly from 1900 to 2100 EST.

Those who remember Oceana as being one of the first (and only) alliances to refuse signing treaties of any sort will find that said policy has been replaced by something a bit more practical.  It is in the spirit of this change that I now announce that Oceana is under the protection of the Mushroom Kingdom. A formal treaty will be forthcoming, since Uber kind of blew the surprise with his post disbanding Another Alliance.

The Mushroom Kingdom was Oceana's best and closest ally, even going so far as to safeguard many of our nations while we found new homes for ourselves.  Many of us joined the Mushroom Kingdom after Oceana fell, and we still count those fine gentlemen as being among our closest friends.  My greatest hope is to live long enough to see the day when this treaty is deemed obsolete, and Oceana rises to stand alongside the Mushroom Kingdom as an equal in the defense of our common interests.

One final announcement remains, and it concerns the state of Oceana's image.  The Conclave has come to the realization that many of the most memorable alliances are remembered for the 'brand image' that they choose to project.  We've also realized that Oceana's previous incarnation was sorely lacking in 'brand image'.  This is a deficiency which obviously needs correcting, and as such, Oceana officially proclaims Splash Woman to be our new mascot.

mm9-splash-woman2.gif

In keeping with our Book of Law, which states:

Item II: Subservience to the Goddess

It needs more Splash Woman.  No exceptions.

...expect to see a lot more Splash Woman as we make more announcements.  No announcement is official without her!  I'm stepping down as High Priestess of Grenval (a sect of the Church of Walford) to take up my robes as High Priestess of Splash Woman (a sect of the Cult of Oceana), so if you have any questions about Her Benevolence, feel free to contact me.

This concludes our massively unimportant series of announcements.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled Hegemony beatdown.

Welcome back. Very glad to see this.

Same here.

Did you clear this with Bilrow first? I think he may have a thing or two to say about this.

Anyway, welcome back.

Bilrow having a problem with it? He's got more problems than an Aqua alliance reforming at the moment, I do believe.

I will first say that as a fellow Oceana member I am very glad to be back home. Quite a few of you older people remember my insignificance, and I will be resuming that position of insignificance within the Independent Oceanic Nations. I plan to be much more active than I have in times past, and the nation of Omnion is steadfast in its loyalty to the Independent Oceanic Nations, and to our Goddess, the almighty Splash Woman.

That said, it makes my robotic parts warm and fuzzy to see so many people hail our return with glee. You all rock.

HOW'S THAT TASTE?

Rather like revenge, at least from this angle.

Considering the amount of damage that Bilrow has been dealt for participating in the sort of shenanigans that resulted in Oceana disbanding, I'd like to think that we're even now and move forward. Oceana has better things to do at this point, and judging from the state of affairs on the other side of the fence, I'd say that Bilrow has better things to do as well.

Nonetheless, if he wants to discuss the matter for old time's sake, he certainly knows where to find us.