NATO/Vox Peace

Announcement from...

NORPR.gif

Last summer, NATO found itself at war with Vox Populi. Due to tactics used at that time, we refused to recognize Vox as an alliance and a low level war has been waged since then. Changes to both alliances over the past few months have changed NATO’s perspective on a great deal many things, and Vox is one of them.

While we always enjoyed their posts and propaganda, we felt more and more that continuing to fight was a pointless expense of energy. Every laugh our members had was coupled with questions about the origin of the war and why we continue to participate.

After 9 months of a ‘kind of’ war, NATO offered peace to Vox Populi and it was accepted. NATO recognizes that Vox Populi is a sovereign alliance and wishes it no ill will in the future. Even when we hated you, we still kind of liked you, and for all the right reasons.

Now, since I have previously offered this to Schatt in public and private conversations to make TWIx more interesting, our peace pipe of pixels…

These Weeks in NATO

Good evening, I'm your host Anu Drake, and this is TWiN: These Weeks in NATO; the newsjournal dedicated to bringing NATO--that tasty bacon of love--to the people.

The last two weeks have been the hardest fortnight NATO has ever experienced. As you know from my constant and gloomy updates, in addition to your vast wastelands of nations, we lost one. A big one, and there's no way around it.

At the onset of battle, we knew we were outgunned and lacked the blessings of the winds of victory in our favor. But the NATOans were still proud and hopeful...

pollsandeyes.gif

Obviously Wentworth made a good speech.

Meanwhile, another debate raged regarding the age of this lovely cheerleader...

she18.gif

Taget (SSSW18 Ambassador): You gotta have faith. If you can't trust a young girl to tell you the truth then who can you trust?

As the end of the first round of war came about, our leaders obtained information that ODN would soon be attacking NATO. With this revelation, all of those hopes went out the window. Public records from the proclamation entitled 'All the best Daddys have Cowboy issues' show that the orders given out by the government were shocking in their desperation:

Do Not Nuke The German Empire

When ODN attacks, we are on a no first strike nuke policy

Fight as best you can and ask for help with money to continue to fight

Be respectful and smart in every in game message (if you have to send them) and every world forum posts

Since more people are posting on the world forum, get an avatar and signature with NATO somewhere in there and NOTHING OFFENSIVE TO OTHER ALLIANCES. ODN sucks is not a slogan I want to see right now

So the time had come, and as we gave up hope of victory, we embraced the thought of old friends becoming friends again...

aquahat.gif

Hopefully still fits

Having announced 8 of the previous 9 victories, this retiring leader let someone else post the end of our first losing war for us to our members...

endofwar.gif

(I also posted a 'we lost' post, I'm just kidding)

Following the beyond generous and unexpected peace we received, our nations are continuing to get to know our communist brothers better and have even started to work towards treaties with those we found ourselves at war with just a week ago. We have had friendships on the other side going back to our roots and we hope to repair those friendships.

Well, enough pontificating from me, I bid you farewell and good night.

tl;dr NATO and Vox Populi are at peace

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty confused about how the ICE treaty fits into this announcement...but congrats on peace.

Allow me to explain. The ICE treaty was the closest we had got to Unity among aqua. Obviously we traveled down seperate paths. I remember having good discussions with MK, TDSM8, and others who we would eventually grow away from. It is a rememberence of the past, and a hope for a future amongst the brothers and sisters in Aqua we have always cared about, even if it was from afar. As Archon or any one else can tell you, while we didn't see eye to eye, we always have done what we could for Aqua.

So consider it a symbol Gen, of our goodwill and faith in the color we love dearly.

Allow me to explain. The ICE treaty was the closest we had got to Unity among aqua. Obviously we traveled down seperate paths. I remember having good discussions with MK, TDSM8, and others who we would eventually grow away from. It is a rememberence of the past, and a hope for a future amongst the brothers and sisters in Aqua we have always cared about, even if it was from afar. As Archon or any one else can tell you, while we didn't see eye to eye, we always have done what we could for Aqua.

So consider it a symbol Gen, of our goodwill and faith in the color we love dearly.

fair enough.

While your at it, whats up with that red flag? and you missed my edit above, did Anu un-quit?

fair enough.

While your at it, whats up with that red flag? and you missed my edit above, did Anu un-quit?

As for the red flag, there is no symbolism there. We just like playing around with colors. I have wanted to make a new flag for a while, but I suck when it comes to that stuff :P

Also, Anu is not unquitting persay, he is retiring from government completely but will still grow his nation.