Cessation of hostilities between the CCC and Terra Prime

asdfcccej1vo4yd7.png

The cessation of hostilities between the Christian Coalition of Countries and the alliance of Terra Prime have been agreed upon. Terms are as follows:

TP shall be granted peace in all active wars as soon as possible. TP agrees not to involve itself in the current conflict against the CCC for its duration in any way, be it by military, aid, or spy-attacks. Breaking said terms will result in the resumption of hostilites.

Signed for CCC,

Slave2Jesus, Chancellor

Jelly Doughnut, Vice Chancellor

Buzzboygt, Minister of Defense

Mattheus, Minister of Internal Affairs

RulerII, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Signed for Terra Prime,

Septer, Emperor

We wish Terra Prime the best of luck in their future endeavors.

o/ CCC

o/ TP

EDITED FOR CLARITY, sorry for the confusion

Edited by clcarte2

Considering that Terra Prime is currently engaged in wars with The Forsaken Ones, Internet Superheroes and Poison Clan, why have these signatures been omitted? The following statement below is impossible to adhere to without those signatures present:

TP agrees not to involve itself in the current conflict for its duration in any way, be it by military, aid, or spy-attacks. Breaking said terms will result in the resumption of hostilites.

In effect, and not to imply such is the intent, but this agreement is simply impossible to keep to as it stands.

Edit: I got the first commentary on this subject? Strange.

Edited by Tokugawa Mitsukuni

I'm not CCC .gov, so I am just opining, but I don't think any signatures were omitted per se. I think, as in our case with Soldier, discussions between the Hegemony combatant and others in Karma sometimes take place separately from those discussions with us. I am not entirely sure why that is, but that seems to be the case here.

I have a feeling that people with greater access to the circumstances will be by to explain it.

In the meantime ...

o/ PEACE!

Clarity in announcements tends to serve well in this case - announcing an end to the conflict between Terra Prime and the Christian Coalition of Countries would have sufficed without attempting to add some sort of terms or other quasi-threatening language. While the CCC has an excellent record as far as conduct goes, the line I quoted might otherwise be seen as a legalistic method for reentry into the conflict once Terra Prime had been pressed more firmly onto the defensive. It's not the intent behind what is being said but the actual wording that you have to mind in my (limited) experience.

Actual clarification from CCC Government will resolve this issue neatly I suspect.

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Tokugawa Mitsukuni

Why would you guys not bring the other Karma alliances in on the discussion? The issue with Soldier was completely different. CCC was notified about the situation with Soldier. The announcement was held for 4 days so we could get CCC's input.

Poor show CCC.

CCC has acted honorably on the battlefield and TP will honor the spirit of the agreement while the wording is fine-tuned - we will not aid nor attack any nation involved in this war unless in an act of self-defense until the greater war has been declared "over".

Perhaps we could get this clarified by others in KARMA sooner rather than later.

CCC has acted honorably on the battlefield and TP will honor the spirit of the agreement while the wording is fine-tuned - we will not aid nor attack any nation involved in this war unless in an act of self-defense until the greater war has been declared "over".

Perhaps we could get this clarified by others in KARMA sooner rather than later.

Have you talked with the other alliances at war with Terra Prime?

edit: After further review it looks like the only other alliance at war officially with TP is TFO.

Edited by extraduty

I sincerely apologize, I was asked to post this and I didn't realize that the proper channels had not been pursued or addressed. I plead ignorance in this and take full responsibility.

One thing that I would say is that we meant neither disrespect to other Karma alliances or any attempt to shaft TP. Without knowing all the details, I can say that with absolute confidence.

I ask you all to judge us by our past actions, and to know that if we have made an error is stems from our constant desire and need to learn as we go. As you know, our involvement in the wider world of PB has been sometimes difficult. As a family, for that is what the CCC is, we have too often looked within. So, sometimes we have not always crossed every t or dotted every i as we ought. But I can also say that we firmly intend to do so.

So I guess what I rather more wordily said than I needed to be, is that if we have made an error it is solely out of ignorance. And that we will do whatever it takes to make it up to the other Karma alliances, especially if this announcement has put them on the back foot with respect to TP, and to TP for any wrong this announcement has done to them in their pursuit of peace.

Peace is for us something devoutly to be pursued. And my firm hope and prayer is that this stumble on our part does not impede that eventual goal.

I spoke to TFO gov two days ago and got the impression this was good news and would be followed through on. I didn't check back with them to make sure everything was good. My bad Karma.

Peace is for us something devoutly to be pursued. And my firm hope and prayer is that this stumble on our part does not impede that eventual goal.

I doubt it will. As I said, CCC has a good reputation and I doubt that there was any attempt at guile. My commentary was meant to prompt important questions prior to some sort of misunderstanding which saw Terra Prime unfairly treated or made it appear that CCC was attempting to circumvent the war effort as a whole. Errors only become mistakes when there is no attempt to correct them - CCC has shown that it is not in the habit of making mistakes.

Hello folks.

We messed up, and for that, I apoligize. I could give you excuses for our failure to negiotiate with the other alliances engaged with TP, but that would be irresponseible. While I am currently taking a small break from politics (OOC: RL Stuff), I am still responsible for our Foreign Affairs, for better or worse.

I apoligize to Terra Prime, for not involveing myself personally in the surrender talks, where I could have avoided this mistake. Indeed, while it looked to be handled by my fellow goverment, I should have been there to finalize and fine tune it.

I apoligize to every alliance engaged with Terra Prime for not speaking with them regarding surrender terms. It was inexecusable of me, and while I was very busy (OOC: Once again, RL stuff), there is no excuse for my incompetence in this matter.

I apoligize to the CCC, for my failure to serve you as you should be served. You deserve the best, and I did not deliver. As MoFA, I am to make sure our Foreign Affairs are conducted with both competance and tact. I failed at that as well.

I will do my very best to rectify this situation to the satisfaction of all wronged parties, and will not fail my duties again.

Once again, I apoligize.

RulerII

~Undeserveing Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Christian Coalition of Countries

Don't be hard on yourself, Ruler. As Tokugawa-sama says, so long as we do our part to fix what is broken, we will retain our honour. :) You have been a great asset to the alliance as MoFA, and I for one am proud to be in the same alliance as you.

With the help of our friends on PB, we will make amends for this hiccough and move forward.

:)

Would have been nice to hear about this before reading it on the boards.

Regardless, a state of war continues between Terra Prime and Poison Clan, The Forsaken Ones, and Internet Superheroes.

Thats really funny that you mention that Twisted RebelDB47

I have missed the DoW from Both PC and IS - Could you please point them out to me and the rest of Planet Bob?

I would really like to read them