Avalanche message

SirDog

***Read correctly, this has been substantiated as an impersonator of Reyne!***

Hello Planet Bob.

I am insulted. My fellow Avalanchians are insulted. History shows us that things happen on private channels which when later presented on the OWF is not really a surprise at all. In fact what you will see here is quite expected.

Please read below:

Reyne[0G] hi

Reyne[0G] Just giving you notice

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] of?

Reyne[0G] The Old Guard hereby recognizes a state of war with your alliance.

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] cool

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] good luck finding slots

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] I think TPF took them all

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] lol

Reyne[0G] We are using first strike nukes btw

Reyne[0G] If we do find them

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] so are we

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] FYI

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] thanks for the heads up

Reyne[0G] I can negotiate lenient surrender terms if you back down now, with TPF and OG with you.

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] Avalanche will back out if and when GR does

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] we entered because of the mand we will exit with them

Reyne[0G] then you shall burn with them

Gears_of_War[Avalanche] that's usually what a MDoAP entails

Gear of War is our MoFA btw.

A few points I will stress to Reyne's impersonator:

1. You dont get it! We have stated from the outset that friendship is greater than infra.

2. TPF's DoW was embarrassing enough as they elected to select the smallest Karma alliance involved at the time to flex their flabby muscle at. And then you try to tell us that you were joining them to DoW against us? What difference was that going to make?

3. Your weak and feeble attempting to scaremonger us into submission by letting us know that you use nukes and that we shall burn with GR means absolutely nothing.

I wonder how many micro-alliances you have tried this tactic on? Because it certainly seemed very natural for you to converse with my MoFA like that.

Btw, as Gears of War stated, We have no intention of surrender no matter how this whole thing winds up because our honour means more than infra but your unethical and callous measures obviously means you protect infra at all costs.

SirDog

Great Lord

Avalanche

EDIT: I have edited this post of the understanding that it is Reyne from OG. However, this may not be the case as someone has astutely pointed out. My ego is not that big to say I may be wrong. But the fact is, that this is an attempt to make us submit. Now I can tell you that it would not be from a Karma alliance, so who knows.

Reyne, I believe in absolute proof, not partial proof. So you have the benefit of the doubt and I retract the aspersion.

DOUBLE EDIT: I have asked GoW to recheck logs for an IP and any other details that we can pass to Reyne. [The real Reyne that is ;)]

Edited by SirDog

Ugh. It's an imposter. Can't you tell from the 0 in the irc nick? She goes by Reyne[OG] and has had an impersonator for a while. It would be nice if you recognized your error and apologized to her for your mistake. I know I'm a bad guy, but I can still point things out.

Edited by Nausea

Ugh. It's an imposter. Can't you tell from the 0 in the irc nick? She goes by Reyne[OG] and has had an impersonator for a while. It would be nice if you recognized your error and apologized to her for your mistake. I know I'm a bad guy, but I can still point things out.

^^ This

That is an impersonator.

Wow... you would have thought that they would use their resources better than ganging up on the small guys and letting the larger guys decimate the rest <_<

Edit: Oops sorry. Probably or IS an imposter.

Edited by tommattox

[conspiracy]Could Reyne be using this 'impersonator' herself as a ploy to make some of the more outrageous moves in her armoury, safe in the knowledge that she can fall back on it being an 'imposter' it it goes belly up?[/conspiracy]

^_^

I have edited this post of the understanding that it is Reyne from OG. However, this may not be the case as someone has astutely pointed out. My ego is not that big to say I may be wrong. But the fact is, that this is an attempt to make us submit. Now I can tell you that it would not be from a Karma alliance, so who knows.

I hate to make it seem like I'm picking on you, but their aim was probably more towards making Reyne and Old Guard bad and creating a nice piece of propaganda for our side. Though, I do suppose people should be aware of this negotiating tactic.

Edited by Nausea

I have amended the post. And retracted the aspersion on Reyne....none the less this is evidence of a tactic used on micro-alliances. It certainly did not impress us.

A tactic used on micro-alliances? Nothing in this exchange seemed like anything that would be out of line against a opponent of any size. It's hard to play the victim card when everybody is first strike nuking this time around. Also, as for TPF targeting such a 'little' alliance, as you make yourselves out to be, did you really think we were expecting to fight you and only you with no counter-attack from other Karma alliances? I hope you don't intend to belittle your own alliances otherwise commendable conduct so far this war by playing the expectations game. Fight to win, that's all any alliance should be doing right now.

We at Old Guard have been subject to the this stalker/imposter for quite some time. Not sure if having your own personal stalker is a good thing or a bad thing but it is a thing. There are other things that are a thing, persimmons for example are a thing. Now the thing with persimmons is that you really can't tell from the outside just by looking at it whether or not the inside is juicy and sweet. You have to pick it up, feel it, smell it. The persimmon can teach us a lot about things, even this thing.

EEjack

Right.

Sad to see blatant "I don't read op" blasting :s