GDA December Accords Cancellation

imperialwarflagblack.jpg

awesomefinalflag.jpg

It appears as though the Global Democratic Alliance got a little OWF shy earlier, as evidenced in this thread, and as such we feel the need to help them in their time of need.

After seeing the aforementioned topic, we took a gander over to #GDA to see what it was about. We queried the GDA government to initiate the 48 hour notification of their cancellation of the treaty. We received this reasoning on behalf of the GDA:

[22:27] <SupremeLord|Query> May I ask why?

[22:27] <Compound[GDA]> Because we feel that in order to stay nuetral in this war, we need to cancel the treaty

[23:30] <Compound[GDA]> Yea, i thought we already told you, then realized we hadnt... I am terribly sorry, and i should have come here first to make sure that had knowledge of this cancelation process

[23:30] <Andrewbw[spartaGov]> Ah, so we are cancelling then?

[23:30] <Compound[GDA]> If at all possible

[23:30] <Andrewbw[spartaGov]> I take it as such considering that you have declared on GOD.

[23:30] <Compound[GDA]> We are wanting to stay neutral

[23:30] <Andrewbw[spartaGov]> Or at least, will be officially soon.

[23:31] <Compound[GDA]> The GDA has not declared on GOD

[23:31] <Andrewbw[spartaGov]> Well, you have a 964 day old senior member who declared war on a GOD nation as well as a 691 one.

[23:31] <Andrewbw[spartaGov]> Might wanna check that out if that's not the case.

Since canceling a PIAT is paramount to maintaining a neutral stance in any way, for the reasons stated above, the Global Democratic Alliance hereby enacts article VI of the December Accords.

VI. Cancellation

48 hours notice is required before publicly canceling this treaty. This time is to allow for the signatories to rectify the relationship and address the situation that caused the cancellation. If both parties agree, or if there has been an egregious violation of the spirit of this treaty, it can be canceled immediately.

Sparta also hereby enacts article VI of the December Accords with a special mention to the bolded information. We consider the GDA's conduct and blatant lying, as they declared on our GODly MDoAP partner, as an "egregious violation" and as such, immediately rescind the treaty.

Best of luck to the GDA in the future.

(Also, I can't edit the title... :( Cancellation*)

Signed for the Global Democratic Alliance,

Compound, I guess?

Signed for Sparta,

Tulak Hord & Darklink, Kings

Supremelord, Regent

George the Frickin' &#33;@#&#036;% & Trinité, Ephors of Foreign Affairs

WandMDave, King emeritus

Edited by George the Great

An excellent effort at the least.

[23:32] <Compound[GDA]> yes, that is the same member who lied to us about previous treaties.. we are looking into that

[23:32] <Andrewbw[spartaGov]> Same member controlling two nations?

[23:32] <Compound[GDA]> no

[23:32] <Compound[GDA]> his friend...

[23:32] <Compound[GDA]> who has been jumpy all night

I understand his jumpiness. :rolleyes:

Evidently the jumpy guy ruined the neutrality... :awesome:

"Hey jumpy guy, can't you see I'm on the phone? Ssssheeeesh ... ok , what were you saying? Sparta? Oh yeah we don't need those guys, We've got neutrality... is it getting hot in here?"

Edited by Solace19k

Their neutrality explains why I wasn't attacked even though they declared war on my alliance. I'm just going to assume that DoW was a fakepost by a loose cannon member and as such condemn Sparta for canceling this treaty. It's clear GDA made a mistake.

Wait, no. Good job Sparta.

The more I hear about these types of on-and-off treaty antics the more I feel that more time should be put into future treaties before signing something. Maybe establish a 4-6month grace period prior to anything above a PIAT and then re-evaluate relations to determine if a long term commitment is viable. Also, partners must be able to cook and clean.

;)

Compound screwed up, the GDA was never neutral. The guy isnt even a government member so I dont see why this happened to end up on CN forums in the first place.

The more I hear about these types of on-and-off treaty antics the more I feel that more time should be put into future treaties before signing something. Maybe establish a 4-6month grace period prior to anything above a PIAT and then re-evaluate relations to determine if a long term commitment is viable. Also, partners must be able to cook and clean.

;)

The funny part is that this was a PIAT. >_<