Declaration of War from the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance

mcxa_logo_war.jpg

Announcement from the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance

Over the past number of months and years, much has been made of the diminishing values of Mutual Defense Pacts; alliances pledge to defend each other at all costs, to the last man, regardless of the circumstances, only to bail on their friends and allies when they are needed most.

It ends tonight.

I will not lie when I say that last night, our government made a tremendous mistake - one that occured in dozens of other alliances - of seeking to take ourselves out of harm's way at the expense of throwing one of our longest-standing allies under the proverbial bus. I cannot change our mistakes of the past, nor can our words repair the damage that has been caused. Our actions may yet tell a different tale.

The Multicolored Cross-X Alliance remains tied to the New Pacific Order through four treaties - One Vision, the Continuum, the Ring Cycle, and the Agora Accords. We hereby state our support for the New Pacific Order against its adversaries, acknowledge our defensive, and where they exist, offensive obligations to Pacifica, and recognise with immediate effect a state of war between ourselves and the Viridian Entente.

This course of action began shortly after update last night, and the events and criticism that have transpired today have had little effect on their final outcome. If you do not take me at my word, so be it; I have more important matters to attend to.

We do not seek forgiveness or absolution from Pacifica; we do not seek leniency or respect from Karma. Our allies will judge us, our foes will judge us, history will judge us. Let them come to whatever conclusions they will. I care not.

We ride to war.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic