An Open Letter to Archon and Karma at Large

TruHartBrakN

Archon,

You have proven time and again that you stand for what is right in the world. That is why it surprised me today to read the logs (that should probably not have been dumped) of you and your Karma allies discussing peace terms with the NPO on Tuesday. Why was there such a rush to come to terms? If you were genuinely interested in peace, why did you not have the decency to reconsider the wording on the third term that seemed to not be very well stated/written. Why did you not act with forgiveness in your heart and why are you not quick to bring peace to the NPO today?

I understand your history with the NPO and I can understand why you and your allies would want to watch the NPO burn.... but watching the NPO being abandoned by its so-called friends must have awakened something in you that made you realize that this is not how the mighty should fall. The logs are enough, you had the leaders of Pacifica at your knees saying they would accept terms.

You and yours rushed out of that negotiation. That is not the Archon I know and that was not the honorable move. I am not in anyway backing NPO's war on OV, its obvious they made a mistake. Why then are you not big enough to allow them to make up for it? Why would you rush negotiations? For blood?

Well now you have your blood and I hope it is worth it.

THBN

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"but watching the NPO being abandoned by its so-called friends must have awakened something in you that made you realize that this is not how the mighty should fall."

Cant argue with that.....I say the guns need to be pointed in a more important direction at the moment :P

A single thread comes to mind.

It's not our fault that NPO's allies ended up being cowards.

NPO was/is way past the point where they deserved/deserve white peace. They started this war, don't forget that. They dug their own grave starting a war they couldn't win. Why should anyone be obligated, morally or otherwise, to let them off relatively free?

Edited by Azaghul

As right as you may be, I hold the unpopular view that NPO should still be made to suffer, even if this isn't the war of everyone's dreams.

You see the NPO has always been like a Catholic teenager's dick: slippery, and always ready to pull out before the damage is done. In two years this would be another "stalemate" like GWI, another brilliant political move. So I'd rather Pacifica was unceremoniously beaten, rather than have history rework pity into fear and have life continue as it was.

The cowards will get what's coming to them, that will happen later. For now, there's a very old fish to fry.

It's not our fault that NPO's allies ended up being cowards.

NPO was/is way past the point where they deserved/deserve white peace. They started this war, don't forget that. They dug their own grave starting a war they couldn't win. Why should anyone be obligated, morally or otherwise, to let them off relatively free?

I didn't call for white peace, I called for surrender terms. I make that pretty clear in the OP. If the NPO has already been humbled (and it has), there is relatively little to be gained in an all out war other than to humiliate them further. Now that all of their allies have abandoned them, the only real reason to continue a war would be for blood. If revenge for the past is what you want so bad, go ahead and have it... but don't claim the moral high ground when its very obvious from those logs that the NPO was groveling for peace (a position they don't know very well) and Archon decided to not bend or allow much time for negotiations to continue.

The reason I started this thread was not to argue semantics but to give my opinions..

I didn't call for white peace, I called for surrender terms. I make that pretty clear in the OP. If the NPO has already been humbled (and it has), there is relatively little to be gained in an all out war other than to humiliate them further.

One could argue that the NPO has been humbled before, and accepted terms before... and yet still came back and dominated the game.

Maybe this a "taste of your own medicine" situation, or maybe its a "I don't want to do this but I feel I have to"... I guess it differs person to person.

Exactly this.

This makes no sense. NPO nations had plenty of time to get into peace mode before negotiations began. Unless you have evidence that these nations were being ordered into peace mode, then please kindly stop guessing NPO's strategy. Sorry if I'm taking this all a little personally but I was a member of NPO for a very long time and I find it very hard to digest this sickening display of gangbanging on my former alliance.

Anyways, I'm off to Iceland for a week. I hope you all have fun kicking an alliance when its down.

I am going to back Archon 100%. He was very patient with the talks. NPO ran to peace mode, which is a clear sign of their poor standing in the negotiations. So Archon had every right to give them a very short time limit. There is no reason to defend NPO now as their actions within the least 72 hours have solely lead to their destruction.

This makes no sense. NPO nations had plenty of time to get into peace mode before negotiations began. Unless you have evidence that these nations were being ordered into peace mode, then please kindly stop guessing NPO's strategy. Sorry if I'm taking this all a little personally but I was a member of NPO for a very long time and I find it very hard to digest this sickening display of gangbanging on my former alliance.

Anyways, I'm off to Iceland for a week. I hope you all have fun kicking an alliance when its down.

Kicking it while it's down? NPO is hardly down. The war is bleaker than !@#$ for them, sure, but that doesn't mean they will be cracked and broken by this. Believe me, it's sort of refreshing to be in an alliance and get smashed. Being around while this sort of thing goes on is even better. I just hope that the NPO will have enough pride to toss whatever they have. I've never been fond of someone holding back.

But seriously, I was GATO for two years and went through those gangbangs. If NPO is what it's cracked up to be, it'll pull through, become a more tight knit group, and recover at a breakneck pace.

Think of it as an overhaul.

Edited by Boyle

I am going to back Archon 100%. He was very patient with the talks. NPO ran to peace mode, which is a clear sign of their poor standing in the negotiations. So Archon had every right to give them a very short time limit. There is no reason to defend NPO now as their actions within the least 72 hours have solely lead to their destruction.

Archon has the right to do whatever he wants. Unfortunately, his impatience with actually working out a negotiation doesn't reflect his character which I know is much deeper than what he's displayed now. I am going to guess you just think 900 nations are easy to control when it comes to keeping them in and out of peace mode but I can tell you that it isn't. I very highly doubt there was any leadership instructions to get into peace mode and I'm willing to eat my shoe if I were to be proven wrong.

but watching the NPO being abandoned by its so-called friends must have awakened something in you that made you realize that this is not how the mighty should fall.
I agree. This is not the way that the mighty should fall, but who's fault is it that this happened? Karma's or Q's?

Edit: To clarify, I mean who's fault is the one-sided curbstomp, not who's fault is the war.

Edited by Gryphon

It doesn't take much to connect the two things. As discussions continued, more and more nations got into peace mode.

Required peace mode is a pretty lame term if I do say so myself

Harsh? Certainly? As harsh as NPO perma-ZI listing anyone who stays in peace mode? Not even close.

Archon has the right to do whatever he wants. Unfortunately, his impatience with actually working out a negotiation doesn't reflect his character which I know is much deeper than what he's displayed now. I am going to guess you just think 900 nations are easy to control when it comes to keeping them in and out of peace mode but I can tell you that it isn't. I very highly doubt there was any leadership instructions to get into peace mode and I'm willing to eat my shoe if I were to be proven wrong.

Well that's NPO's problem and they should have acknowledged that weakness and negotiated sooner. It should also be noted that high-ranking NPO members were in peace mode before the negotiations took place including Bakunin's Dream.

Also, I take that back about stating the past 72 hours solely being the cause of NPO's destruction. It was obviously the two years of oppression and tactical manipulation over the masses. But still, their imminent annihilation could have been prevented in the last 72 hours had they been more humble to their adversary.

I think the fact of the matter is that NPO is simply too strong. Having orchestrated an entire revolution against the ruling hegemon, does anyone honestly think that Karma is going to just back off and say, "good NPO, here's a peace"? No, of course they are going to smack the NPO down. It's time for another war and everyone wants some action.

Strategically, Karma is not going to stay together once the NPO is defeated. Without a common enemy to unify them it's only a matter of time before they split up and let NPO climb back to ascendancy.... about as long as it will take for their ex-allies to come running back with treaty proposals. It only makes sense that NPO needs to be dealt a severe blow to ensure cyberverse actually become multi-polar. Whether that is right or wrong morally speaking is another matter.

Well that's NPO's problem and they should have acknowledged that weakness and negotiated sooner. It should also be noted that high-ranking NPO members were in peace mode before the negotiations took place including Bakunin's Dream.

Also, I take that back about stating the past 72 hours solely being the cause of NPO's destruction. It was obviously the two years of oppression and tactical manipulation over the masses. But still, their imminent annihilation could have been prevented in the last 72 hours had they been more humble to their adversary.

I agree, unfortunately it has very little to do with my OP.

Im having a hard time grasping this.. So after all of the Gangbangs NPO led on other alliances.. suddenly this one is sickening.. because its NPO?