Petition to whoever writes the wikis

Nintenderek

War of the Coalition stuff  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, here's the deal, I'm sure we all have seen this article, right?

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/War_of_the_Coalition

Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks War of the Coalition is a terrible name for that war, right? I mean, if I remember right, it wasn't even a poll option when there were all the naming polls. Someone just decided to name it that and nobody changed it. So, here's my question. Who actually likes that name?

For the second question, I came up with two names which I think were better. Out of the three options, which do you think is best?

I'm hoping who ever writes most of the wiki articles sees this poll and changes it. That's why I called it a petition :P

Also, I am open to suggestions for other names to edit into the poll.

Edited by Nintenderek

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am of the opinion that the 'official' war names should be as plain, serious, and unbiased as possible. The "No CB War" is very much a name coined by one side to propagate a certain view on the war, and Red vs BLEU just a ridiculous term because there was much more to the war than just NPO or BLEU. Great War I isn't referred to as "The Great Patriotic War"; The War of the Coalition works just as well as GWI did and I don't see any need to change it to any silly names like "No CB War", "Red vs BLEU", or whatever cutesy names particular people or alliances have assigned to it.

Edited by Moridin

I hated the name WotC when it was conjured up and forced into the wiki, and I still hate it now.

Not much better options, though.

Meh.

Fake edit: Great Polar War does sound nice. In before nitpicking about separate conflicts.

Edited by mythicknight

I call it the noCB War here, but I think the wiki article should remain as "The War of the Coalition" so that we may all be reminded of the time the forces of blandness were at their height, which the name reflects perfectly. :v:

Also War of the Coalition is the most neutral name probably

Red vs BLEU and No CB war are both stupid names as they are either a result of propaganda (which i agree with but is still propaganda) or is just wrong.

While WotC may not be accurate but it think that war names need to sound epic so that 2 years from now people won't realize how lame it actually was and they will think we did something.

While WotC may not be accurate but it think that war names need to sound epic so that 2 years from now people won't realize how lame it actually was and they will think we did something.

The main problem I have with WoTC, is not the bias in the same (if I had a problem with that, I'd have a problem with the name of UJW), or anything like that. The name is not epic. It's stupid sounding.