State of The Brain

We are The Brain, an alliance formed from the pure mind power of the Central Nervous System (CNS), bound together by The Brain Trust, given proper reasoning by the Pons and interwoven by the most complex Neurons a brain could ask for.

Having recently left the protective plate-like covering of Monos Archein, we have decided it is time to declare to you, the world, the State of The Brain.

Yes, the Brain is now exposed.

ambass.jpg

Behold!

State of

brain04ys8.jpg

Obligatory numbers:

Mental Capacity

Stats01.jpg

Treaties

The Tater-Tot Hotdish Agreement MA

The Coral Accords - SLCB

Even though all appears to be a beautiful mind, The Brain as a whole has suffered a few minor contusions.

The more clever amongst you may have already realized that The Brain is short a few neurons... did we just say that? You may also notice that this coincides with the usage of a new member mask on our forums: one we don't like to use. The feared and imposing Free Radical (banned) mask.

One of these neurons deserves his own tale. So, in the interest of transparency, here it is:

Zordan of the nation "The Big Blue" had been relatively active within The Brain, doing a decent job of recruiting and generally being well liked despite his gaffe on the OWF. As far as the Central Nervous System was concerned, that entire incident was resolved and expelled from memory. No punitive measures were taken, and it actually opened our minds eye to some problems we had communicating the finer points of CN to new neurons... overall, this was a good thing.

Fast forward to a later date when a new neuron (recruited by Zordan) wanted to fire. He posted an application with the forum name of The Big Blue, nation name "Big Blue". Sound familiar? I'll spare you the gory details, but the application contained several discrepancies between zordan's story and big blue's story of their particular relationship.

Several troubling issues were discovered by reading the application thread and in IRC conversations that took place with Zordan. In one version zordan is a classmate of the big blue, in another they are aged 3 years apart. In one version they met through CN, in another they know each other in real life. In one version the big blue created the nation and zordan told him what to name it, and in another version zordan created the big blue's nation for him at The Big Blue's house. The explanation for this was simple: cancerous lesions.

Someone was lying. Unfortunately it came down to this: either The Big Blue was lying and we would reject his application, or Zordan was lying and we could not keep him as a neuron. Both nations were removed by a higher power (alcohol), and it saved the CNS from having to make a difficult decision.

It's safe to say that lying directly to the CNS and Brain Trust qualifies as sass, or guff at the very least. We allow neither in our charter. Thus, we have declared them Free Radicals and their IP addresses are eternally smitten from our forum. It pains us to see a seemingly good member go, but the following are intolerable:

1)blatant cheating

2)sass(and guff).

This was going to eventually explode into a bigger problem, therefore it was cut off at the lobes. The decision was quick and final, but as previously stated, it was essentially made much easier by the confirmation of our suspicions by their sterilization.

Additionally, we have experienced our share of run of the mill rogues and ghosts... zombies if you will. Having prayed the following prayer, and having said prayer grant them powers only the prayers can themselves pray to wield, The Brainy Brain Grenades of Braininess vanquished the zombie hordes with haste.

And Saint Cerebellum raised the brain grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy brain grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy braininess." And The Brain did grin and the neurons did feast upon the synapses and axons and dendrites and impulses and electricity and wheaties, and white matter and gray matter... [brain food]...[/brain food] And The Brain spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Brainy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Brainy Brain Grenade of Braininess towards thy foe, who being zombie in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

A few victims of the Brainy Brain Grenades of Braininess

Vendeta.jpg

Additional lulz were recently provided by the nation of Khaeoss. He performed the all too common ghosting of a large alliance, in this case the Ragnarok, and attack a smaller alliance. His nation was cute but his tactics were lame. He was quickly confirmed as a ghost and promptly... well, taken care of as you can see below. Little victories.

pow.jpg

A few negatives but mostly positive, additional good news: The Brain continues to grow and flourish. Having no fewer than 12.5% of neurons capable of creating alcoholic (read: nuclear) devastation helps grant a moderate level of assurance in the mutual destruction of the zombie horde, should they decide their time has come.

We have also developed brand new neurons to form The Brain Trust, they are as follows.

Cerebellum (Defense) SamFisher202

Cerebral Cortex (Internal Affairs) Slavic Monarch (Interim for JLynn)

Temporal Lobe (Foreign Affairs) KitKatFox

Brain Stem (Economics) Serbitar

Parietal Lobe (Recruitment) Lance

Hear hear! We do approach the hallowed 1kk NS mark, and thanks in no small part to our former protectorate MA, and to all of our fabulous members, who are active and passionate about being awesome (which is what I'm all about). Let's keep up the good work, boys!

Your alliance is delightful! As I already stated in an earlier thread, I find The Brain to be close to my heart due to me studying the possibilities of an "organic alliance"-structure and because of that I wish you luck, but I ask you, where is the hypothalamus?!

Your alliance is delightful! As I already stated in an earlier thread, I find The Brain to be close to my heart due to me studying the possibilities of an "organic alliance"-structure and because of that I wish you luck, but I ask you, where is the hypothalamus?!

I'd say here, however as this is the first time I've heard of the particular section, I feel less Brainy especially since I'm the self proclaimed Pituitary Gland.

OCC, Thanks you gave me a very good idea though, hopefully it will be fruitful at our next State of the Brain.

Hypothalamus.jpg