The Pax Pacifica.

LeVentNoir

This is a formal treaty between nations of the pacific.

Pax Pacifica

This treaty set out to maintain peace in the pacific, allowing them privileges to disarm potential strife and enable greater economic growth within this region.

Clause One. Non aggression. Signatories of this pact agree to not initiate states of war nor engage in covert or overt military actions against each other.

Clause Two. Mutual defense. Signatories of this pact agree to aid and defend each other in the instance of a foreign attack in the pacific region.

Clause Three. Intelligence. Signatories of this pact agree to share any and all knowledge they have pertaining to the national security of other signatories.

Clause Four. Trade. Signatories of this pact agree to allow other signatories free access to their internal markets.

Clause Five. Waters. Signatories of this pact agree to allow all vessels from other signatories passage through their waters.

Definition One. Pacific central nation: A nation with more than 50% of their landmass in or within 500km of the pacific ocean, and holding pacific oceanic coastline.

Definition Two. Pacific holding nation. A nation with any territory that is within or with pacific oceanic coastline.

Pacific central nations can sign all clauses, Pacific holding nations can only sign Clauses One, Four and Five.

Amendments: The treaty can be amended by a simple majority of Pacific Central signatories.

New Signatories: New signatories can be added with a simple majority of Pacific Central signatories in favour

Deadlock: In the case of deadlock, Glorious Aotearoa, as founding member casts the deciding vote.

Pacific Central Nations:

Signed for Glorious Aotearoa:

LeVentNoir, Lord and Duke of Wellington.

Signed for The Hansiatic Commonwealth:

Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector of the Hansa

Signed for Annihilation:

Madame Unicorn, Supreme Leader of the Communist Utopia.

Signed for The Nation of Selenarctos,

IKrolm, Benevolent Dictator For Life

Signed for Yamato:

Ishima Ryu, Prime Minister

The Prime Minister of Palintine

The Ministers' Council

Pacific Holding Nations:

Signed for Regno de Vinilândia:

Bento Garibaldi, Prime Minister

Roberto Berzoini, Vice Prime Minister

Celso Amorim, Minister of External Affairs

Vicente d'Albuquerque, Monarch

Signed for Promised Land:

Westly Davies, Supreme General.

Edited by LeVentNoir

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Philippines is certainly intrigued by the prospect of a Pacific bloc however we believe that our own destiny is more centered on Asia. As a nation with considerable amounts of Pacific coastline we do hope that relations between the signatories of Pax Pacifica and ourselves will be cordial and productive.

Can GA explain what the definition of the Pacific Ocean is in this treaty?

We feel it is well defined. If a primary school child can find it then I am sure at least one person in your nation can. Tip: Its full of islands you recently invaded....

The Western Republic requests admission for only the Palau region, which are our Pacific holdings.

We see no reason not to admit you as a Pacific Holding Nation.

The Empire would be willing to sign this Pact, if it will have us. We are currently conducting a Detente policy and non-interventionist policy, and are seeking to begin removing ourselves from Conflicts, and would ask if we could sign Clause 2 as optional

Edited by Lord Frost

Annihilation would also be willing to sign this Pact.

We seem to be having a little difficulty regarding land at the moment...

OOC: Hmm, yeah, I'd say so. :D Would you mind also posting your reaction in the thread referred to?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Tahoe would be interested in signing this treaty as a Pacific Holding nation. Our new foreign affairs policy stipulates international neutrality and global non-agression, and as such signing any defense pacts that could draw us into a global war would not be possible, however we seek to expand our cooperation with other Pacific nations.

I think Dragonisia qualifies as a Pacific Holding nation even though our central government is in the Pacific itself, let me know if otherwise is true. I would like to sign the 3 articles permitted as a Pacific Holding nation if possibly on behalf of Dragonisia. If considered a Pacific Central nation, I'll sign on as a full member to all clauses. I will also encourage Dragon Bloc members who qualify to also sign although it will not be mandatory.

As permitted by definition,

Maelstrom Vortex

Chairman of Dragonisia

I imagine such would defuse a massive amount of tension in the Pacific.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Viniland is highly interested in signing the treaty as a Pacific holding nation. As a matter of fact, we will lay down our signatures, and allow the current signatories to decide whether if we are fit to join or not.

For Regno de Vinilândia:

Bento Garibaldi, Prime Minister

Roberto Berzoini, Vice Prime Minister

Celso Amorim, Minister of External Affairs

Vicente d'Albuquerque, Monarch

The Vinilandese Parliament

The Empire would be willing to sign this Pact, if it will have us. We are currently conducting a Detente policy and non-interventionist policy, and are seeking to begin removing ourselves from Conflicts, and would ask if we could sign Clause 2 as optional

You would be able to sign as a pacific holding nation only.

Annihilation would also be willing to sign this Pact.

We seem to be having a little difficulty regarding land at the moment...

We welcome another Pacific Central Nation.

Tahoe would be interested in signing this treaty as a Pacific Holding nation. Our new foreign affairs policy stipulates international neutrality and global non-agression, and as such signing any defense pacts that could draw us into a global war would not be possible, however we seek to expand our cooperation with other Pacific nations.

You would be able to sign as a Pacific Holding Nation only.

I think Dragonisia qualifies as a Pacific Holding nation even though our central government is in the Pacific itself, let me know if otherwise is true. I would like to sign the 3 articles permitted as a Pacific Holding nation if possibly on behalf of Dragonisia. If considered a Pacific Central nation, I'll sign on as a full member to all clauses. I will also encourage Dragon Bloc members who qualify to also sign although it will not be mandatory.

As permitted by definition,

Maelstrom Vortex

Chairman of Dragonisia

I imagine such would defuse a massive amount of tension in the Pacific.

You do indeed qualify for only a Pacific Holding Nation due to your indian holdings.

Viniland is highly interested in signing the treaty as a Pacific holding nation. As a matter of fact, we will lay down our signatures, and allow the current signatories to decide whether if we are fit to join or not.

We would permit you to sign as a Pacific Holding nation.

• 2 weeks later...

After a Major debate session within the Royal Court, several discussion sessions with the Emperor, and a few bags of weed passed around courtesy of the Green Party and several Pep Rallies, The Empire officially petitions Pax Pacifica to change the nature of our Signature of this treaty. We wish to sign the Full treaty

After a Major debate session within the Royal Court, several discussion sessions with the Emperor, and a few bags of weed passed around courtesy of the Green Party and several Pep Rallies, The Empire officially petitions Pax Pacifica to change the nature of our Signature of this treaty. We wish to sign the Full treaty

This will require a vote of the current signatories. Two of the three current Pacific Central signatories must vote Yay.

The official vote from Glorious Aotearoa is yay.

Yay: 1

Nay: 0