Announcement from Comrade Craig

Comrade Craig

Over the past several days, a misunderstanding has developed between the International, Viridian Entente, and Ordo Verde. Accusations flourished, miscommunication ruled the day, and unfortunately my own rash actions contributed to the rapid escalation. I regret the role that my decisions played. For my part in this lamentable affair, I extend an apology to all parties.

I request that no members of the International post in this thread.

-Craig

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past several days, a misunderstanding has developed between the International, Viridian Entente, and Ordo Verde. Accusations flourished, miscommunication ruled the day, and unfortunately my own rash actions contributed to the rapid escalation. I regret the role that my decisions played. For my part in this lamentable affair, I extend an apology to all parties.

I request that no members of the International post in this thread.

-Craig

Thank you Craig for this apology. May everyone involved learn from this.

So why post this on here without telling anyone the back story? If you are going to keep all the details private then you should have kept Craig's genuflection private as well. I realize that public humiliation of your opponents is all the rage around here but it really doesn't work well if no one knows or cares what is going on.

I'm hearing something about VE wanting more tech reparations and Craig getting ODN involved, which led to VE demanding either Craig be ZI'ed or The International be attacked. I've also heard that VE weren't exactly in the mood to compromise on this so looks like they did the math and realized that they might be about to bite off more than they could chew. That could be a little off base but I do hear lots of things.

I'm hearing something about VE wanting more tech reparations and Craig getting ODN involved, which led to VE demanding either Craig be ZI'ed or The International be attacked. I've also heard that VE weren't exactly in the mood to compromise on this so looks like they did the math and realized that they might be about to bite off more than they could chew. That could be a little off base but I do hear lots of things.

I doubt they're going to tell you, but maybe with your sources you won't need them to.

I doubt they're going to tell you, but maybe with your sources you won't need them to.

I really don't, but this isn't "Sponge Tells The World About Everything". I was sort of hoping that since Craig has just prostrated himself in front of VE that some of the people involved would actually tell the whole story. I know it's a stretch to think that if someone makes a statement here that the average reader would be given some of the background information for contextual clarity, but I've known this place to operate like that from time to time (read: always).

Basically VE wants to humiliate the leader of another alliance without having to get any egg on their face. At least that's how it looks to me. If they want to clear that possible misconception up, I am more than willing to listen to them with an open mind.

I really don't, but this isn't "Sponge Tells The World About Everything". I was sort of hoping that since Craig has just prostrated himself in front of VE that some of the people involved would actually tell the whole story. I know it's a stretch to think that if someone makes a statement here that the average reader would be given some of the background information for contextual clarity, but I've known this place to operate like that from time to time (read: always).

Basically VE wants to humiliate the leader of another alliance without having to get any egg on their face. At least that's how it looks to me. If they want to clear that possible misconception up, I am more than willing to listen to them with an open mind.

"Tell All" reports are not our style, sorry. ;)

Rest assured your sequence of events and assessment of the situation is not correct. I think that the situation can best be summed up as some people got a bit fearful, and some unwarranted moves were made, things got heated on all sides, and now this apology is the sole outcome.

Viridia is not out to humiliate anyone, nor is there any egg for us to get on our face out of this. The public apology is strictly a measure of his sincerity, and as you can read in the OP, he has conveyed that with our thanks. We wish the International no ill will and Vox can be content that there is nothing more to dig up on this one.

"Tell All" reports are not our style, sorry. ;)

Rest assured your sequence of events and assessment of the situation is not correct. I think that the situation can best be summed up as some people got a bit fearful, and some unwarranted moves were made, things got heated on all sides, and now this apology is the sole outcome.

Viridia is not out to humiliate anyone, nor is there any egg for us to get on our face out of this. The public apology is strictly a measure of his sincerity, and as you can read in the OP, he has conveyed that with our thanks. We wish the International no ill will and Vox can be content that there is nothing more to dig up on this one.

Wow, you don't get out much do you? Don't you know it's a bad idea to lie to the Sponge?

Let's try this again.