TWiP Presents: This Week in Everywhere

Everywhere.jpg

NPO1.jpg

Good evening, and welcome to a special Presentation of TWiP: This Week in Everywhere. I'm your host Schattenmann.

Tonight, news from around Digiterra.

This Week in the Continuum

Throughout the week, famed PZI Attorney Slayer99 called for the publication of further Continuum Sanctum screenshots.

Also throughout the week, Continuum-affiliated alliance leaders disseminated contradictory and selective information--canary traps--to leaders in their Continuum allies in an attempt to see which birdy sang.

Keep trying, fellows. We here at TWiP are satisfied to watch you betraying yourselves on account of us.

However, this newsman wonders one thing: Who decides who to screw with? There's no official "Continuum leader" so who says "hey, let's feed WorkingClassRuler fake info and see if it tuns up?" Who decides to remask the Sparta delegation and see if threads designed to find the leak get published?

Paper Tiger?

The global economic meltdown continues to bare its teeth across the globe, sparing no one, it seems.

statradetroublescrop.jpg

Former Francoist Tygaland--who shed Francoism to embrace treaty-honoring, frankness, and refusal to meddle; "Tygaism"--is now dealing with the plummetting state of the world even in his own halls.

Too bad you can't buy bread with honor, eh?

War Brooding

This week saw war preparations by the now-infamous RIA. You'll recall that RIA was integral to the discussions of the defunct-"Bastion" project, a wildly aggressive defensive bloc proposal hellbent on drawing NPO into declaring war on a member alliance, then defeating it with defensive maneuvers.

Delta.jpg

Look familiar?

That's right. These dogs are now taking a cue from global anti-NPO heroes Gremlins and beginning to form their own "Codex" with the clearest of intents--Destroying NPO.

Know this, RIA: TWiP is watching.

Going out . . . Old times

The title of this piece? A war declaration.

This week the nation Slaytanic Wehrmacht was sent into anarchy as Slayer99's past came to roost.

Our viewers will recall that Slayer99 founded his alliance in the midst of war by abandoning his mates in Fark and stealing a merry band of followers along with him. The fledgling TF! further salted the wound by taking a protective MDoAP with the alliance attacking Fark, GOONS. In the word's of Slayer99's protectors:

hels.jpg

Little wonder, then, that the former-leader still has enemies from Fark.

Slayernuke.jpg

More tech, indeed. This will come as no surprise to anyone familiar with TPF's banks, especially in conjunction with the global tech dearth.

Goths in Rome

As the world basks in the glorious Pax Pacifica, one small, pink corner of the globe seems to be restless.

RAD.jpg

That's right; after setting the world on fire with a revival of the Raid and Aid show three weeks ago, this week the war refugees in charge at RAD are planning for yet another episode. In their admin-only area.

One might think that this rabble would cool it in consideration of Echelon's failed attempt to roll them over defense of MrBill against an ITEC rogue; however, some kids just have to touch the stove over and over. Good thing Pacifican moderater cool-heads prevailed.

Honors

shake_icon.jpg

The Schatt accepts the congratulations of ChefjoWedge

This week marks two milestones for TWiP:

First, this week TWiP surpassed its previous records by far, reaching 40 pages (and counting).

Second, and a very proud moment for myself, this week marks the first week that two editions of TWiP are active.

We thank the people of Pacifica for continually providing excellent news items week-to-week, and our viewers whose vibrant debate has spurred these achievements.

A Celebration

This week in Pacifica, the sidewalks of Francograd's diplomatic quarter were choked by sleeve-tatooed, black-dye-jobbed scenester bike couriers who were busy delivering invitations for a royal celebration:

RPB31.png

TWiP applauds this creative move by Pacifica in the midst of so much turmoil and stagnation. Kudos! Yours truly intends to ask a certain Pacifican former-GGA-triumvir bachelor stud :ehm:

I hope you've enjoyed this special TWiP Presents: This Week in Everywhere; I'm Schattenmann bidding you goodnight on this, the 532nd day since the declaration of mission accomplished in the FAN territories.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I have a fair idea who leaked that screenshot and they'll be severely reprimanded for providing such a crap screenshot. I apologise to TWiP for the lacklustre content. But, at least it wasn't "zomg NPO tech dealing!!!11!" stories again, right?

A bit dispersive, but a nice read: well written as always, my dear Shantamantan.

I wonder what RIA, Slayer etc. have to do with "Pacifica", but let me make up my mind and I'm sure I will come up with something... :P

Wow, I would expect this from anybody else, but RIA? I refuse to believe it.

Your post confuses me.

while I can't say I am happy that something from our private forum found its way to the OWF I was still entertained, I do believe the article requires more of that Branimir character though, I find him quite compelling.