A Very Special NATO Message to ARN

Yes, because our dear former ARN leader was definitely showing an aptitude for gentle instruction . . . sorry, no more sarcasm. I must simply disagree that your suggested course of action would have had the necessary effect.

Personally, I rather hope he changes his mind about leaving Bob. "Forcing" him out of the Cyberverse was certainly neither our desire, nor a necessary consequence of this action. Many good players have been to ZI and back.

You must understand, for such a new ruler ZI can be a rather frustrating, and dare I say, discouraging thing to have to accept. What were you expecting him to do? Bend over, smile, and thank you for your generosity? Additionally, I really would like to see how he has disrespected NATO, if you would not mind amusing me. Seeing how I have seen quite a few absurd notions of perceived "disrespect" in my time here on Bob, I can't help but assume that he has committed a rather minor offense hardly fitting of a ZI.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, if that were your intention you could have just advised him to join an alliance and learn how politics work on Bob. I fail to see how ZIing him is necessary.

Sometimes tough love is necessary, and judging from the numerous posts he has made, I really don't think he would have listened to the more 'diplomatic' and preferred solutions.

Surrender terms were in the OP and anyone who has ever dealt with NATO in the past, I am sure, has found them to be pretty fair people. I am pretty darn sure that if shown a little respect and proper communication via private channels NATO would have been more than happy to successfully work this issue out one on one. Trash talking to an attacker does no more than steal their resolve and escalate the situation to the point that it is now.

While entitled to your own opinion, I think your statement is a little off base considering the situation and the responses made in numerous statements made by the ARN nation. Most alliances would be wiping out the entire alliance and not even thinking to give those not involved the opportunity to correct the problem, let alone offer to guide them.

I echo the sentiments of others in this thread that NATO was in a no win situation either way. Ignore and loose face, annihilate the alliance and be the bully, take out the one causing the issues and be chastised for singling him out. IMO NATO made the right decision.

You must understand, for such a new ruler ZI can be a rather frustrating, and dare I say, discouraging thing to have to accept. What were you expecting him to do? Bend over, smile, and thank you for your generosity? Additionally, I really would like to see how he has disrespected NATO, if you would not mind amusing me. Seeing how I have seen quite a few absurd notions of perceived "disrespect" in my time here on Bob, I can't help but assume that he has committed a rather minor offense hardly fitting of a ZI.

Sir- I refer you to the following statement:

for NATO

Tell me ONE give me ONE alliance (in this example) that would not Zi in this case had that statement been directed to them.

Edited by Buffalo Niagara

I will admit, King you made me laugh with that thread :)

An apology would have been fine until the insults directed at NATO in their DoE thread. Calling us liars, etc.

More than likely, we would have ceased attacks before he actually was ZI'd, However, while the pics were hilarious, they did kinda ruin the chance of us sitting down with him and seeing what comes of it.

So Rebel, while I see your view that ZI is not necessary, I believe the pic thread made it so.

Sometimes tough love is necessary, and judging from the numerous posts he has made, I really don't think he would have listened to the more 'diplomatic' and preferred solutions.

Surrender terms were in the OP and anyone who has ever dealt with NATO in the past, I am sure, has found them to be pretty fair people. I am pretty darn sure that if shown a little respect and proper communication via private channels NATO would have been more than happy to successfully work this issue out one on one. Trash talking to an attacker does no more than steal their resolve and escalate the situation to the point that it is now.

Frankly I fail to see where the whole issue is? What is NATO so upset about?

While entitled to your own opinion, I think your statement is a little off base considering the situation and the responses made in numerous statements made by the ARN nation. Most alliances that play this game would be wiping out the entire alliance and not even thinking to give those not involved the opportunity to correct the problem, let alone offer to guide them.

If whole alliances being wiped out for such petty things is a norm, then I would say that you pointed out a major problem that appears to be plaguing Bob. I will leave this at that.

I echo the sentiments of others in this thread that NATO was in a no win situation either way. Ignore and loose face, annihilate the alliance and be the bully, take out the one causing the issues and be chastised for singling him out. IMO NATO made the right decision.

What I want to know is how NATO was even at risk of losing face here. I doubt anyone would have noticed had NATO done nothing. This isn't exactly like a major alliance moving onto red. NPO not enforcing it would discredit their doctrine that they own the sphere. What would have been compromised had NATO done nothing?

Sir- I refer you to the following statement:

for NATO

Tell me ONE give me ONE alliance (in this example) that would not Zi in this case had that statement been directed to them.

To be honest, I was hoping for something he did prior to being sentenced to ZI. It really does peeve me when actions committed while in ZI are used as justification for a ruler being sentenced to it to begin with.

Now as for alliances who would not sentence to ZI had that statement been directed towards them, well, I am but a humble nobody. You cannot possibly be asking me to speak for some of the great alliances of this world, can you? I can speak for myself, however, when I say that were I a leader of any alliance, regardless of size, that I would not ZI a nation for that. I would likely get a light chuckle and move along. Words really do no harm, and I will say that more of you need to learn to allow some things to simply slide. I am quite certain that others feel the same way I do.

Now as for alliances who would not sentence to ZI had that statement been directed towards them, well, I am but a humble nobody. You cannot possibly be asking me to speak for some of the great alliances of this world, can you? I can speak for myself, however, when I say that were I a leader of any alliance, regardless of size, that I would not ZI a nation for that. I would likely get a light chuckle and move along. Words really do no harm, and I will say that more of you need to learn to allow some things to simply slide. I am quite certain that others feel the same way I do.

Words mean everything, thats what makes bob go around

Not too sure what is going on here, but I'm going to hail the !@#$ out of Anu Drake and NATO anyways. Good show and very fair terms.

Fake edit: I actually read it, but had I not actually read it I would have blindly hailed Anu and NATO... Those have have always, are currently and under th future leadership of ANU will always be, in my book, "doin it right".

PS) what time is dinner Anu and what's the wife cookin? (Please say meatloaf.)

Not too sure what is going on here, but I'm going to hail the !@#$ out of Anu Drake and NATO anyways. Good show and very fair terms.

Fake edit: I actually read it, but had I not actually read it I would have blindly hailed Anu and NATO... Those have have always, are currently and under th future leadership of ANU will always be, in my book, "doin it right".

PS) what time is dinner Anu and what's the wife cookin? (Please say meatloaf.)

sup.jpg

:blush: miss you man. But the wife is now restricted from cooking meatloaf. Terrible incident, won't go into it here. We'll have a nice roast.

Also, hello RV, thank you for providing excellent criticism and input to the situation, you have a lot of good points. The ZI part of the OP was more of a message towards the rest of ARN that we are serious about this and that they should do what we are asking and not defend him. It wasn't a PZI, which we as an alliance don't use as a tactic, and it wasn't at all an attempt to force him from the game. Could we have taken a less drastic route? Yes, and we tried repeatedly to show KEmo that what he has been doing was wrong and that to be a true alliance leader you must show a level of integrity and maturity that would be emulated by the rest of your alliance. We got nothing but comical antagonism in return, so the idea that he would have ever responded to proper coaching was determined to be a waste of time.

You hate it when people use actions done after sentencing as justification of that sentence, and I completely agree with you. What it has done, however, is illustrate the nature and character of the person receiving the sentence. KEmo has certainly shown why we held no illusion that he would be capable of change if given the chance.

I am afraid you're mistaken. Actions are what count. Insulting one is not the same as actively plotting against one.

Usually words come before action. I would say most alliances on the planet bob would declare war on someone if they insulted their alliance. If someone insulted my alliance, I would not take it lightly. I would of done exactly the same in NATO's position. People have insulted the alliance I have been in before, I had received a apology afterwords without asking for one. I moved on, but if they didn't apologize for their words, good chance I would of followed it up.

Also in the past when someone insulted a alliance, usually that said alliance declares war on the alliance from which the offending nation comes from. Usually the trolling is hard and fast "Why didn't you just declare on him", "All those innocent nations being attacked", "A whole alliance being attacked for one persons wrong doings". Yet when NATO have done exactly that, attacked the offending nation rather then the whole alliance. The trolling still comes hard and fast. Don't you find that interesting?

EDIT: Grammer FTW

Edited by nutkase

I think we're all missing the moral of the story here...

You should never, never casually admit to Anu that you're receiving an F in English (and God forbid you do it in boast). He takes it personally.

Let it be known that an enemy of the English language is an enemy of NATO. :awesome:

Edited by Moriset

Official Supplemental Announcement from NOMA

In recognition of Kingem093's destruction, and in accordance with the stated intentions of NATO's war declaration, the remaining members of Allied Rebel Nations have agreed to white peace.

The strenuous and lengthy peace negotiations are detailed below in full.

The Offer

To: Sibley The Greatest From: Anu Drake Date: 3/3/2009 11:14:11 AM

Subject: NATO/ARN War

Since it appears that you are now the top authority in ARN, I was hoping to gain insight into your intentions.

White peace with ARN is on the table and I could announce it with your signature and put an end to the war now that Kingem093 is gone. If you reject this offer of peace, we will expand the war to include all of ARN. But that would be unnecessary.

In case you missed it, here's the declaration of war and ensuing madness:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=50392

Regards,

Anu Drake

CC: The rest of ARN

And Response

To: Anu Drake From: DirectorSmall Date: 3/3/2009 12:14:26 PM

Subject: RE: NATO/ARN War

Message: On behalf of the Allied Rebel Nations I will accept any peace agreement that is on the table, and wish that you do not expand this war to the other member nations of ARN.

With utmost regards and respect, DirectorSmall, ARN Councilman.

White peace means white peace, and ARN is now free to do whatever they'd like (we will not ask them to rewrite their charter as long as KEmo is no longer around). NATO wishes ARN well (truly this time) and commend DirectorSmall for putting the well being of his new alliance over the desire to defend the indefensible.

Given KEmo's public and pointed threat of returning again to exact revenge, we will of course be keeping a close eye out for him. However, in accordance with our alliance's policy against re-roll pursuits, as long as he stays away from us we will not impose any post-mortem sentencing.

Let this be the end of Operation Fugazi...

Official Supplemental Announcement from NOMA

In recognition of Kingem093's destruction, and in accordance with the stated intentions of NATO's war declaration, the remaining members of Allied Rebel Nations have agreed to white peace.

The strenuous and lengthy peace negotiations are detailed below in full.

The Offer

And Response

White peace means white peace, and ARN is now free to do whatever they'd like (we will not ask them to rewrite their charter as long as KEmo is no longer around). NATO wishes ARN well (truly this time) and commend DirectorSmall for putting the well being of his new alliance over the desire to defend the indefensible.

Given KEmo's public and pointed threat of returning again to exact revenge, we will of course be keeping a close eye out for him. However, in accordance with our alliance's policy against re-roll pursuits, as long as he stays away from us we will not impose any post-mortem sentencing.

Let this be the end of Operation Fugazi...

Its good to see that there was no problem with the Rest of ARN as most people's dealings with them have been truely great like myselfs.

Good Luck ARN

Josshill

Having crossed words with NATO long ago I know they have a great tolerance and patience for Noob leaders. It would take a lot to push them to this degree of education so there for I say Happy Hunting NATO cuz this guy MUST deserve it.

o/ NATO

o/ Anu

edit i guess I took to long to post congrats on white peace ARN use it wisely and I sure if you asked Anu can give you some good pointers and would do so happily.

Edited by Buds The Man

First off i never treatened anyone!

Second off i told wentworth that i didn't needs NATO's help as seen here: http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/K...pg?t=1236045909

(As you can see it was sent Feb, 24 2009. So i sent it before i talked to GRAN)

And you said you accepted my apology as seen here: http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/K...pg?t=1236045914

(Which i received yesterday!)

I refuse to insult anyone here!

And all i ever did was say what REALLY happened!

And it doesn't matter im quiting CN!

PS skills are FAIL!

o/ NATO

You attacked the leader of a different alliance because he spouted negative information about you and decided to have a mind of his own and speak his own thoughts, however wrong or misenterpreted they were?

Wow. My respect for NATO just continues to drop with every new thing you do. Are you kidding me?

EDIT: Kingem you aren't helping your situation with crappy shop's. -.-

Edited by Jofna

yeah, NATO is retarded. There, I feel better.

Sure kingem wasn't the best at Diplomacy... ok, he wasn't very good. But still... he switched protection, good grief! Maybe he got under the skin of some people, but man--

You guys are so dumb to make him quit and put him on a ZI list. I have pretty much no respect for NATO now. His post quoted earlier made sense (not grammaticly, but you know what I'm talking about). He apologized, and you guys accepted then attacked him.

Unless there's something i missed here...

KingE was my friend for a while, he had some potential, really. I just hope he decides to re-roll in the future...

Edited by Jason Salovsky