Official IRON Announcement

ironflagmedium.PNG

As many of you are aware, for the past month or so IRON has sponsored a new alliance known as the Jarheads as our protectorate. This young alliance from the get go had rapid early growth and showed a lot of promise to be a nice long-term ally as well as a profitable venture for tech farming. A few of us were a bit wary as we were unsure of how they were capable of such growth, however ultimately their two leaders put on a nice presentation and we opted to take them on.

However two weeks ago we were informed by a reliable source that Jarheads had been deceiving IRON and that they had in fact been conspiring to attack one of our allies. Specifically Jarheads were using IRON only as a means to fund their war effort and the feigned respect and niceties shown had all been a façade. Despite this deception IRON has chosen to honour our side of the arrangement; as per our treaty we informed Jarheads of this cancellation 72 hours prior to any public announcement. We will also be honouring the additional 7-day NAP grace period. At this time we are still in the midst of this grace period, which is due to expire on Wednesday the 4th of March. We have passed all information pertaining this matter to the relevant parties who are free to take action as they see fit.

We now consider our relationship with the Jarheads ended, and have severed all ties and obligations to them. IRON sticks to its word and, even after being betrayed and having our agreement broken, we continued to respect the treaty we signed, including the cool down period imbedded in the treaty. Unfortunately, Jarheads have shown no honor or respect, and as a result they have our eternal contempt.

Signed,

Finsterbaby, President

Coursca, Secretary of State, IRON Councilor

Shan Revan, Deputy Secretary of State, IRON Councilor

Peron, Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor

Grizz Goose, Deputy Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor

MCRABT, Minister of Internal Affairs, IRON Councilor

Matt Miller, Minister of the Vault, IRON Councilor

Krash, Minister of Labor, IRON Councilor

Iamthey, Minister of Intelligence, IRON Councilor

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However two weeks ago we were informed by a reliable source that Jarheads had been deceiving IRON and that they had in fact been conspiring to attack one of our allies.

Jarheads are a 100k NS alliance. Who of your allies were they intending to attack? I mean, they're only really able to do so much.

/me facepalms

Dumb, DUMB move, Jarheads.

o/ IRON

(What is it with you and being disrespected by small alliances anyway? First UME and now these guys.)

We're going for the ODN record, in fact I traded Shan and Peron for their guide on how to be hated by small alliances. :awesome:

Edited by MCRABT

It is terrible to be deceived when you try to give your best and lend out your support. I wish IRON the best of luck in this and showing themselves to be the honorable allies I know them to be. :) It is a shame that they had to backstab you this way and show intentions that were not matched by yours.

We're going for the ODN record, in fact I traded Shan and Peron for their guide on how to be hated by small alliances. :awesome:

Shoulda known this thread wouldn't go far without at least a vague allusion to Rebbilon :P

Does it really matter? A betrayal of trust is a betrayal of trust.

Ragashingo, you just hit the truth jackpot.

It was a fair trade I think.

The cancellation of a treaty is never a nice thing. But the kind of disrespect Jarhead has shown by deceiving IRON like this has brought down this punishment, and its fully deserved. We will see how long they last without IRON's protection.