Fark Declares War on....

Arcane

...boredom?

Well, we should be at war, this is TE after all. Is there anyone interested in getting your AA into a fight to actually do what we're here to do and leave all the crying and whining for Regular TE? Post below and maybe we can just get a good drunken brawl going.

Why not have this setup like a big game of dodgeball--we pick some fairly even teams and then just go at it with multilple AA's on each side? My guys want to get into some fighting, and I'm inclined to go with 'em on it.

We are NOT declaring that we're an open target and if anyone attacks now, our treaties will activate still. We are, however, thinking that we should make this round of TE go out w/ a bang. Give everyone a week to prepare, and then we'll have the biggest war TE has ever seen.

If we can't do that, is there another AA out there that's equivalent in size to Fark that wants to just have a duel? No treaties partners would be able to declare--just you and us.

Some of you guys can't tell me you and your nations aren't bored. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? We at Fark could care less about "winning the round". I'd rather have my nation make it to the finish line crawling across in pieces rather than shiny and new.

What do you say? Anyone interested in at least exploring the possibility with us? :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...boredom?

Well, we should be at war, this is TE after all. Is there anyone interested in getting your AA into a fight to actually do what we're here to do and leave all the crying and whining for Regular TE? Post below and maybe we can just get a good drunken brawl going.

Why not have this setup like a big game of dodgeball--we pick some fairly even teams and then just go at it with multilple AA's on each side? My guys want to get into some fighting, and I'm inclined to go with 'em on it.

We are NOT declaring that we're an open target and if anyone attacks now, our treaties will activate still. We are, however, thinking that we should make this round of TE go out w/ a bang. Give everyone a week to prepare, and then we'll have the biggest war TE has ever seen.

If we can't do that, is there another AA out there that's equivalent in size to Fark that wants to just have a duel? No treaties partners would be able to declare--just you and us.

Some of you guys can't tell me you and your nations aren't bored. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? We at Fark could care less about "winning the round". I'd rather have my nation make it to the finish line crawling across in pieces rather than shiny and new.

What do you say? Anyone interested in at least exploring the possibility with us? :D

Arcane,

The only logical answer to the question that you pose is "Yes."

While we are not nearly your size it is possible some entertainment could be had. Last round we had a bit of a go and fun was had by all. I do not lead BW:TE but I will surely forward this thread to Shade who does. I'm not privy to his master plans, and we're still licking NAAW wounds, but I shall do my best to persuade him in that direction.

Here's to hoping we can beat the crap out of each other.

Yay one person. I think the idea is to get some AA's involved (basically sign ups). Then we'll see who all is in and divide up into 2 relatively even teams. This is completely outside of any treaties, tho we'll try to arrange it where treaty partners are side-by-side, but no promises.

I'm also thinking we should all put it in writing that if any other AA attacks the group we all get to claim dibs (Look Spanky I can do that here...inside joke) on the offenders.

Personally, this could be a mountain of fun. Who wouldn't like to end this round of TE with the entire planet at war, and no hard feelings by any party?

I like the idea as well.........interesting possibilities would be NO NUKES....also make the start time like 9 hours after the reset so you put the most possible players out of synch for the start.

I like the idea as well.........interesting possibilities would be NO NUKES....also make the start time like 9 hours after the reset so you put the most possible players out of synch for the start.

I ,for one ,would welcome nukes. ;)

Wow yeah let's do sign-ups and make it public so it's less fun than a spontaneous war where no one knows whats going on.

-_- Fark.

Seriously? If Fark went and attacked NAAW, you'd be the first one whining about it (and I'm not saying we would or had any intention of it). I suggest doing a fairly even gladiator match so nobody gets their panties in a bunch and you complain about it? If you don't like it, nobody is twisting your arm to participate.

Seriously? If Fark went and attacked NAAW, you'd be the first one whining about it (and I'm not saying we would or had any intention of it). I suggest doing a fairly even gladiator match so nobody gets their panties in a bunch and you complain about it? If you don't like it, nobody is twisting your arm to participate.

You don't know me ;)

Why would I whine? Because it's against our treaty? Maybe. But not because it was out of the blue.

The whole point of the game is to get your 'panties in a bunch' it's not suppose to be "sign up here to war with us." I wouldn't be mad if this had been earlier in the round but the end of the round should be something big and unexpected. This is the opposite.

*goes off to declare war on freedomville, all unexpected like*

Do it. Let's see what happens.

Obviously you don't understand what I mean. I meant alliance vs. alliance wars are BETTER when UNEXPECTED because you have no idea who's hitting who. It's just more fun then planning out who your going to hit.

I wouldn't want a dodgeball war where everyone knows who's joining. I like when people randomly bandwagon and the odds change. It's what makes the game fun.

Also, yes I did edit my whole post.

Edited by FreedomvilleAT

Seriously? if you guys want to, Fark would be happy to throw down with NAAW. I'm not talking invoking treaties, but a straight Fark/NAAW fight to the death! That would be :awesome:

:)

Um, no. It wouldn't be awesome.

I was being sarcastic.

Do it. Let's see what happens.

Obviously you don't understand what I mean. I meant alliance vs. alliance wars are BETTER when UNEXPECTED because you have no idea who's hitting who. It's just more fun then planning out who your going to hit.

I wouldn't want a dodgeball war where everyone knows who's joining. I like when people randomly bandwagon and the odds change. It's what makes the game fun.

Also, yes I did edit my whole post.

The problem with this is that whoever declares looks like an $@! in the eyes of the OWF and then gets curbstomped. My suggestion is basically taking a glove off, slapping you in the face and saying "I challenge you to a duel".

FV, you know I <3 you from Judgment, but I'm trying to get something going without the need for folks to activate treaties where it'd be a beat down, that's all.

The problem with this is that whoever declares looks like an $@! in the eyes of the OWF and then gets curbstomped. My suggestion is basically taking a glove off, slapping you in the face and saying "I challenge you to a duel".

FV, you know I <3 you from Judgment, but I'm trying to get something going without the need for folks to activate treaties where it'd be a beat down, that's all.

But you're not making it more fun or causing less boredom in the process.

I <3 you too from judgment but I just don't agree with you on this.

Edited by FreedomvilleAT

i, for one, condone this idea. we arent in the freaking middle ages anymore. there are no planned battles where the armies line up and wait for a horn to start fighting, finishing the battle at the end of the day to get a good night's sleep for tomorrow's battle.

TE is about modern warfare, surprise tactics, strategy, and basically finding the best way to catch your opponent completely off guard and defenseless. If everyone else wants to play dodgeball, go right ahead. I'll just be playing CN the intelligent way.

But you're not making it more fun or causing less boredom in the process.

I <3 you too from judgment but I just don't agree with you on this.

Then don't worry about it.. my folks are restless. They don't want to just sit around and grow. They want to do what they can't do in Standard--fight! We're not after anyone at all, just want to get a war going which won't invoke a thousand treaties. TE's about fighting. SE is about diplomacy. At least that's the view I'm representing from my alliance. If we do this, it's separate from our treaties, just a good slugfest where we all do what we've come to TE to do--use our bombers and troops. No hard feelings, nobody upset because they were attacked (lord knows we learned that lesson from hitting LPE).

I just don't know how to initiate a war with a reasonable CB without coming off like an @$$ and having the entire OWF turn against us. Like I said, if you don't want to do this, we totally understand, but if you do, we're here. Win or lose, it'll be fun. And I honestly think that whoever stands up to us and takes us on will become a great friend of Fark because of their like-mindedness and will to fight!

i, for one, condone this idea. we arent in the freaking middle ages anymore. there are no planned battles where the armies line up and wait for a horn to start fighting, finishing the battle at the end of the day to get a good night's sleep for tomorrow's battle.

TE is about modern warfare, surprise tactics, strategy, and basically finding the best way to catch your opponent completely off guard and defenseless. If everyone else wants to play dodgeball, go right ahead. I'll just be playing CN the intelligent way.

Right, and this is how we play CN: Standard. We just don't want to run through to the end of Feb. without another fight :)

What stops you from playing this game right is worrying about whether people view you as an $@! or not. Everyone is an $@!, it's war. You will never please everyone in a war game. That's why it should be easy for you to just fight anyone and everyone. It's what this game is FOR. Planning it out like this is taking away from the game. If your guys wanted to fight so bad, then they could have done it in the way that everyone else does.

What stops you from playing this game right is worrying about whether people view you as an $@! or not. Everyone is an $@!, it's war. You will never please everyone in a war game. That's why it should be easy for you to just fight anyone and everyone. It's what this game is FOR. Planning it out like this is taking away from the game. If your guys wanted to fight so bad, then they could have done it in the way that everyone else does.

Boring curbstomps?

:P

Meh.. there's nothing wrong with an AA standing up and saying "ok, who wants to fight?" I don't know why people are commenting in this thread about what we're proposing. If you don't want to participate, that's fine. We're glad for you and sincerely wish you well--if winning TE is your thing (and i'm not talkin' about you FV) then so be it. If growing your nations is your thing, that's fine. But there's gotta be someone else out there as bored as we are. :) And I know one of you has sent me a PM.... I'll get back to you shortly with some details!

Boring curbstomps?

:P

Drawn out boring 1v1 war with no strategy or surprise tactics?

I think so.

Oh and, not every war in TE is a curbstomp when it's unexpected. Thanks.

Meh.. there's nothing wrong with an AA standing up and saying "ok, who wants to fight?" I don't know why people are commenting in this thread about what we're proposing. If you don't want to participate, that's fine. We're glad for you and sincerely wish you well--if winning TE is your thing (and i'm not talkin' about you FV) then so be it. If growing your nations is your thing, that's fine. But there's gotta be someone else out there as bored as we are. :) And I know one of you has sent me a PM.... I'll get back to you shortly with some details!

EDIT: ugh

Edited by FreedomvilleAT

Us posting here has nothing to do with wanting to win.

YOU'RE NOT MY MOTHER! I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!!!! :P

j/k. We should talk on IRC when you're around. I've gone to our normal channels and can't find you. i'll be on and off for a bit. :)

Edited by Arcane