9121 replies to this topic

#1 Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Storm Bringer

• Retired Moderator
  • 295 posts
  • Nation Name:Stromkern

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

We've come to a point in CNRP where there is a great deal of OOC chatter in what is meant to be an IC forum. A large portion of players has complained about this, how it interrupts the flow of roleplay, how it diminishes the "game experience".

Consider this an antidote. Here is a thread dedicated entirely to CNRP OOC matters. Utilize, and enjoy the beautiful sight of an orderly forum without random OOC being posted everywhere!

Enjoy,

Stormcrow.

#2 Sumeragi

Sumeragi

Akatsukami

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts
  • Nation Name:Kyokujitsu Teikoku

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

*Kowtows to Stormcrow*

#3 JEDCJT

JEDCJT

Secret Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,069 posts
  • Nation Name:Qamadan

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:49 PM

:wub: Stormcrow! :wub:

Now the Age of Uncluttered Threads has begun! :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT, 18 December 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#4 HHAYD

HHAYD

Friendly fire, isn't

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,884 posts
  • Nation Name:Heska
  • Alliance Name:The Phoenix Federation

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Deleted

Edited by HHAYD, 18 December 2008 - 06:56 PM.

#5 Silhouette

Silhouette

FA Kiwi sees you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Nation Name:New Cymru
  • Alliance Name:Symphony

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

They will use it because Stormcrow will throw a brick at them if they don't.

also, :wub: Stormcrow

#6 Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Storm Bringer

• Retired Moderator
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

First Order of Business:

Sumeragi and the amazing dissapearing island!

Alright, Su' has brought up a very good point about maps; that is, THE PACIFIC HAS AN INFINITE NUMBER OF TINY, TINY ISLANDS (and caps is cruise control for cool! Right? Right?) and it is a hassle to try and put all of them on the map, thus cluttering it terribly. Additionally, most of these islands are lagoons, rocks, volcanos, ie, terrible places to live inasmuch as they are highly unstable. So, their rising and sinking is not impossible, only requiring specific circumstances. In this, we have a community disagreement. One side says "the islands sink" the other side says it doesn't. So, let's have some discussion on this people!

#7 Sargun

Sargun

Banned.

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,765 posts
  • Nation Name:Sarnungian Republic
  • Alliance Name:Cult of Justitia

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

I dunno about sinking because I'm not a geographical person whatsoever, but if there was a tsunami then wouldn't these small, susceptible islands be washed away?

Just wondering.

#8 Sumeragi

Sumeragi

Akatsukami

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

I dunno about sinking because I'm not a geographical person whatsoever, but if there was a tsunami then wouldn't these small, susceptible islands be washed away?

Just wondering.

That was why I took Micronesia from the current Asia/Oceania Map draft.

#9 Firestorm

Firestorm

multiple forum accounts/over 100% warning level

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts
  • Nation Name:Boom Town
  • Alliance Name:CSN

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

I'm all for unclaimed islands going bye bye.. but to arbitrarily say, "HAHAHAHAH my super bomb of doom just created a 400 foot wave and your pissant island is screwed!"

That's so wrong on so many levels.. hahaha.

Let's just not get to carried away though.. I can see using a few islands full of peaceful native NPCs getting wiped out as good for the on going Role plays, but everyone doing it tends to limit the number of islands we can claim later as outposts and refueling stations.

#10 Triyun

Triyun

Gathering all Armies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,334 posts
  • Nation Name:New Triyunica
  • Alliance Name:GPA

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

Tsunamis do not keep things out of water. I do not think the sea level could be raised enough to wipe out islands, that they made be effected by a tsunami much like the infamous one in the reason a few years ago is another story, my suspicion is it would not be nearly as bad as that but still have some minor effect.

#11 Sumeragi

Sumeragi

Akatsukami

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

Tsunamis do not keep things out of water. I do not think the sea level could be raised enough to wipe out islands, that they made be effected by a tsunami much like the infamous one in the reason a few years ago is another story, my suspicion is it would not be nearly as bad as that but still have some minor effect.

The islands weren't one the map base anyway, so I don't see a big of an issue for taking them off the map. Besides, unless we're going to add in every small lagoon in the Pacific, we really should restrict the addition of islands onto the map.

#12 JerreyRough

JerreyRough

Dat CNRP Nostalgia

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  • Nation Name:Adeptus Inventus
  • Alliance Name:The Phoenix Federation

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

The islands arn't really destoryed usually; for example, I'll use these HD-quality pictures of "Volcano Island" & a bomb:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, the island wouldn't actually be destroyed; just parts (if not all) of the area about water level.

EDIT: This is jsut clearing up that they arn't actually destroyed.

Edited by JerreyRough, 18 December 2008 - 07:37 PM.

#13 Apollo11

Apollo11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Nation Name:U.R.P.R.
  • Alliance Name:Ragnarok

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

The islands arn't really destoryed usually; for example, I'll use these HD-quality pictures of "Volcano Island" & a bomb:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, the island wouldn't actually be destroyed; just parts (if not all) of the area about water level.

EDIT: This is jsut clearing up that they arn't actually destroyed.

I love the picture quality.

#14 Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Storm Bringer

• Retired Moderator
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

You know? I've talked to Martens and changed my mind. Learn something new everyday.

#15 Markus Wilding

Markus Wilding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,387 posts
  • Nation Name:Alvonia
  • Alliance Name:Shangri-La

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

Danke Stormcrow! :wub:

#16 LeVentNoir

LeVentNoir

LeVentNoir, Duke of Wellington and Lord of Glorious Aotearoa

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,375 posts
  • Nation Name:Imperial Wellington
  • Alliance Name:Mostly Harmless Alliance

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

On the point of disappearing islands. There are two things totally wrong with it.

First. Volcanic activity (is the Pacific at least) leads to nice runny magma, so the islands actually grow.
Next, it creates a stupid precedent, that you can alter geography.

Those islands are rock, not some piles of sand. They will not wash away. They maybe ruined, but they will still be there.

#17 Firestorm

Firestorm

multiple forum accounts/over 100% warning level

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts
  • Nation Name:Boom Town
  • Alliance Name:CSN

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

Krakatoa?

#18 Sumeragi

Sumeragi

Akatsukami

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Plus, the MIsmarck Islands are famous for exploding and leaving behind a crater lake. One such incident happened in the 19th centruy, killing 3000 people.

#19 LeVentNoir

LeVentNoir

LeVentNoir, Duke of Wellington and Lord of Glorious Aotearoa

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,375 posts
  • Nation Name:Imperial Wellington
  • Alliance Name:Mostly Harmless Alliance

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

Yes of course, sumeragi, you did say there was no pressure yourself, therefore no Krakatoa, Mt St Helens or Lake taupo event could occur. All that would happen ( even though setting off volcanoes has itself been ruled out) would be small eruptions, mostly runny magma, and so the islands would grow. Of course it would kill most things, but the island would still be there.

And another point, I would like to contest Sumeragis claim all 100% of her supposed 50 million refugees did exactly what they were told and therefore stayed in their destination countries. Since KT has no power and the destination countries are not detaining them, I would say it is entirely reasonable that some would leave (through legal and accepted methods) to go to other countries. Even a 99.9% obedience rate is still 50,000 people that could go to other countries.

#20 Sumeragi

Sumeragi

Akatsukami

• Banned - Appeal Denied
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

Yes of course, sumeragi, you did say there was no pressure yourself, therefore no Krakatoa, Mt St Helens or Lake taupo event could occur. All that would happen ( even though setting off volcanoes has itself been ruled out) would be small eruptions, mostly runny magma, and so the islands would grow. Of course it would kill most things, but the island would still be there.

Reread. There is no pressure at the location of the explosion, but the shockwaves set off the pressured points in the Bismarck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users