New environment effect

Based on this suggestion environment effects to population and happiness have been updated. If you have a bad enviornment you will notice more of a decrease in population and happiness than before. The higher your population and happiness the more impact enviormnet will have. Nuclear weapons now have a higher impact the more nukes that you own.

I don't like it.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't particularly either, I tried messing around with it by buying border walls for example. Despite the -2% citizens from the walls, I still manage to add about 1,000 citizens per wall on top of the +2 happiness for up to 3 boarder walls. really, that tells me something might need fixing :P

Edit: I lost 10,000 citizens not including the walls I just built :(

Edited by Millionario

From the start I knew this would not be a popular update and I expect to see many threads like this and many PM complaints. My response... bring it on. Environment was a feature that had a lot of potential in the game and now that potential is better realized with this update.

It's a good change. It would be nice if people weren't always thinking only about their own growth or strength but how good a change is for the game. Environment (I'm assuming) will have a meaningful impact now.

With it, border walls probably need changing to not affect the environment. Perhaps change the happiness bonus to +3 and take away the environmental bonus.

Also what was the change to nukes? The information in the game info page needs updating to reflect this change.

Edited by Azaghul

I presume it's this:

In addition to that, give nukes not a fixed penalty, but a sliding one: nukes/10 = env modificator. 20nukes means 2 env penalty, 10 nukes only 1. 25 = 2.5. Just logical. Lead (as currently very weak resource), could negate the nuke-env penalty.

If it's lowered citizens and income too much, perhaps it should be balanced by something else? Like say make the base citizen for each mile of land is two citizens instead of a fraction of one. That way the value of environment and land would both be increased.

Edited by Azaghul

lead and coal could use an update now, border walls are quite fine and more usefull now imo. a few new improvements and/or wonders that deal with env. could be added to balance things out a bit more :jihad:

Some new improvments will by all means be fine. I have a lot of unfilled slots now. :awesome:

Improvement Slots Available -12

The armed forces of Op Hoop van Zegen are very strong. This is making your population very uncomfortable.

YAY thanks way to go changing during wartime! :angry:

Improvement Slots Available -13
Eat it :jihad:

But when do Admins have to do it then? Its always WarTime on CN.

Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day $76.33

Down from ~$100. That's insane.. exactly what's causing this?

Will there be some kind of change made to bills as well? I imagine there are some people with massive amounts of infra that are now past the break-even point for infrastructure and have to actually sell some.

Edited by Viluin

My income keeps going down every minute it seems like. I was making almost 13mil per day yesterday, right now it's about 10mil.

EDIT: Just went up 500k

I guess I'll wait to collect taxes for a day or two until the dust has settled from these changes.

Edited by jonnygozy

Improvement Slots Available -7

The armed forces of Op Hoop van Zegen are overly strong. This is making your population a bit uncomfortable.

You have already dismissed soldiers within the past two days. You may only purchase soldiers at this time.

o.O can the dismissing soldiers be resetted? :o