Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Nation Name:Wrists end
  • Alliance Name:mmmmmmk

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:01 PM

Title is pretty self explanatory.
Right now we have global Wonder and Improvement count at: http://www.cybernati...nts_wonders.asp

What i would like to see is the same for each alliance, as the alliance war, aid and revealed spy slots have been added to the system, another button would display the wonder and improvement count.

Thoughts?

#2 King Chill I

King Chill I

Mah Mah Mah Pokerface

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Nation Name:Kryon
  • Alliance Name:Rain avoidance apparatus

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:25 AM

What would the point be unless it defines which and how many of each and possible who has em.

#3 Bob Janova

Bob Janova

His Royal Majesty, King of Seria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,047 posts
  • Nation Name:Seria
  • Alliance Name:The Order of Grämlins

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

I think this comes under 'military intel that you should have to spend time getting', personally.

#4 Supertwigs

Supertwigs

Master Propagandist of the Mushroom Kingdom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Nation Name:Twiglandia
  • Alliance Name:Mushroom Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

o/ uaciaut

Go and sleuth with your sleuthy ways!

#5 (DAC)Syzygy

(DAC)Syzygy

No matching nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Nation Name:New Syzygia
  • Alliance Name:True Grämlins

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

I am split on the issue. On one hand I think already too much information is public accessible for outsiders (number of nukes, planes, military), but on the other hand it would be a comfortable tool to compare "stats", and I love stats :P

Imho wars would be more interesting if you could only get rough estimations on your opponents, instead of exact numbers :). More risk, more fun.

#6 uaciaut

uaciaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

I am split on the issue. On one hand I think already too much information is public accessible for outsiders (number of nukes, planes, military), but on the other hand it would be a comfortable tool to compare "stats", and I love stats :P

Imho wars would be more interesting if you could only get rough estimations on your opponents, instead of exact numbers :). More risk, more fun.

Pretty much this. And the amount of work to get all those stats manually is so colossal, idk if it's worth it really :(

#7 Drai

Drai

xeh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Nation Name:Kanto
  • Alliance Name:Mushqaeda

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

I think it's a good idea.

#8 uaciaut

uaciaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:58 PM

Grrr, give more input people, this really could help a lot! >:(

#9 myruler

myruler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Nation Name:Italysoccer
  • Alliance Name:Karma POW

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:40 AM

I think you are just too lazy and that the information we have is fine.

#10 Master-Debater

Master-Debater

Blue Turtle Alliance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Nation Name:Debation
  • Alliance Name:Blue Turtle Alliance

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:02 PM

I like the idea soley because then it can change the way the world views alliances. At general glance people look at NS and Nukes. With this suddenly an alliance could possibly have Manhatten projects, or SDIs, or any other form of improvement or wonder than can change the outcome of a war. Instead of having these things hidden until you actually are planning the war they would be out there for anyone to see.

#11 Big Z

Big Z

GOD Intersect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Nation Name:Republic of Z
  • Alliance Name:Global Order of Darkness

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:53 PM

I like the idea soley because then it can change the way the world views alliances. At general glance people look at NS and Nukes. With this suddenly an alliance could possibly have Manhatten projects, or SDIs, or any other form of improvement or wonder than can change the outcome of a war. Instead of having these things hidden until you actually are planning the war they would be out there for anyone to see.

The thing is, these things aren't hidden at all. People are just too lazy to go through each alliance's nations to see what wonders and improvements are there. It's not as if this information isn't available for all to see.

#12 Scorponok

Scorponok

Herder of Sheep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • Nation Name:Dead Space
  • Alliance Name:The Imperial Order

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

Yes please :P!

#13 Othila

Othila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Nation Name:Othila
  • Alliance Name:The Imperium of Man

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

I support this idea. I'd also like to see a "number of total wonders" next to each nation on the nation list or on their nation page. I like to check to see how many wonders someone has so i can tell if its possible to catch up to them, its a pain having to count them individually.

Edited by Othila, 28 April 2008 - 12:15 AM.

#14 TheDave

TheDave

Aqua <3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Nation Name:Land of Dave

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:20 AM

I'd support a total count, but I'm not sure I'd support a full breakdown per improvment/wonder

#15 uaciaut

uaciaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:52 AM

No more input? :(

#16 (DAC)Syzygy

(DAC)Syzygy

No matching nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

after thinking wisely I am against it, there is already too much info and stats available, which makes wars predictable and boring, people are only going to attack these which they can stomp easily. If it was up to me, remove even the amount of nukes from the statistics and the nation views. No one knows how many nuclear warheads North Korea or India really have - why should you know in CN? The nuclear purchase news should also be removed, it's no ones business when I buy a nuke and basically no one could even know without spying on me. I will surely not announce nuclear purchases in the newspaper.

Taking away these informations could make wars a lot more interesting again, because there would be at least the chance to make a "wrong" decision while you can currenly only make "right" decisions because you basically know everything prior to any action.

#17 uaciaut

uaciaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:25 AM

after thinking wisely I am against it, there is already too much info and stats available, which makes wars predictable and boring, people are only going to attack these which they can stomp easily. If it was up to me, remove even the amount of nukes from the statistics and the nation views. No one knows how many nuclear warheads North Korea or India really have - why should you know in CN? The nuclear purchase news should also be removed, it's no ones business when I buy a nuke and basically no one could even know without spying on me. I will surely not announce nuclear purchases in the newspaper.

Taking away these informations could make wars a lot more interesting again, because there would be at least the chance to make a "wrong" decision while you can currenly only make "right" decisions because you basically know everything prior to any action.

My main problem with this is that it's robot work. If i want to gather wonder stats on any sanctioned alliance it's going to take me a lot of time, and it's really nothing constructive, entertaining or stimulating at all really.

#18 Lord Emares

Lord Emares

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Nation Name:New Spring

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:20 AM

That would necessitate removing nukes from the NS formula because right now, with the NS formula the way it is, even if the nuke count were to be removed from the list screens all one needs to do is reverse engineer the nuke count of each nation in an alliance, and thus their alliance as a whole has, from the NS formula. Removing nukes from the NS formula though would make the Nation strength formula even more worthless an indicator of the strength of a nation.

It would be time consuming but not impossible...

Edited by Lord Emares, 08 May 2008 - 02:23 AM.

#19 (DAC)Syzygy

(DAC)Syzygy

No matching nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:28 AM

My main problem with this is that it's robot work. If i want to gather wonder stats on any sanctioned alliance it's going to take me a lot of time, and it's really nothing constructive, entertaining or stimulating at all really.

yeah, but thats the point: alliances willing and organized enough to DO this "robot work" have a benefit, others which are too lazy to do it, have not. Call it "investigative research".
However, I would not argue against it, if it is implemented, fine, but I seriously think way too much info is currently shown, which makes wars and attacks pretty predictable.

As simple example: the change of the "Spy odds estimator" to a 20% range actually made spying a lot more entertaining - because you do NOT know exact values and you are entering a risk when doing it. I would totally support to see the same for battle odds, no "fixed percentages", just 10/30/50/70/90% estimations.

#20 admin

admin

Game Admin/Owner

• Admin
  • 5,723 posts
  • Nation Name:Great Nation
  • Alliance Name:CN Staff

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

I actually like this idea from my viewpoint that by providing these stats will save everyone time and less page hits in the game when alliances want to gather this information. I was thinking about updating the Real Time Alliance Statistics screen with something like this:

Posted Image

But (DAC)Syzygy makes a compelling argument about there being too much information publicly available. I would argue that this is a stats based game so stats are the point of the game but I can also see where hidden stats can be a good thing. I guess we need more input on this suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users