Joint Announcement from the Order of the Black Rose and Old Guard – Part III DoW

W_A_R

Eerie strains of music drifts on the air.  Snatches of a melody, an indistinct vocal fades in and out.

It is familiar, your head slightly nods in time with a building rhythm.

Your hands and fingers try to snatch at the song. 

Your mouth is trying to imitate the cadence of the lyric to the gradually intensifying vocals.

It is on the tip of your tongue. 

That voice, you are trying to picture the lead singer in your mind….

…world serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed
Tell me with the Rapture and the reverent in the right, right
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam fight, bright light
Feeling pretty psyched

… It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine!

Greetings.  I am Sir W_A_R of Vijar, Knight XXI of the Order of the Black Rose. I am joined with Arminius of Festung Germania, Triumvir of Old Guard.

I think we may have met before. Our memories may fade but our home security cameras take damn good still shots of you meddling kids.

We have read the runes.  The prophesy has come to pass.

As the bard of the song suggests, it is the end of the world as the Order of the Black Rose and our friends in aging decrepitude, Old Guard know it, and we feel far better than fine. 

On behalf of the Knights Council of the Order of the Black Rose and the Council of Old Guard, hear us.

All great things come to a point where you think “It’s time”.  It is that time for Old Guard and the Order of Black Rose.  We see the ‘End of the World’. 

Fittingly Digiterra’s most exclusive retirement homes are allowing some of the old folk go on an outing before our time comes.

We are calling it the ‘Old Codgers’ Coalition’.  We had a banner made for it. I think it is knitted.

2PcNXhs.gif

This means that some of our memberships have been doubling up on their medications, and our general irascible nature needs an outlet.

As for the Black Rose, we like to think of the Black sphere as our home. It is in our name.  Needless to say, we are very, very, very disappointed with some of you.  We repeatedly asked you to “keep off our lawn” and you chose to reply with obscenities and a raised finger.  Eventually there would be consequences.

The nub of it is that we are tired of DOOM coming in and raiding our garden, stealing our fruit and vegetables, trampling our garden beds; Why they even stole our seat on the porch from where we looked over and cared for our yard, the Black sphere. We remember https://forums.cybernations.net/topic/133613-dbdc-announcement/#comment-3582035 with prejudice.

The ‘Old Codgers’ Coalition’ hereby declares war on DOOM.

We are tired of you showing us old folk disrespect.

0CNEu8J.jpg

Welcome to the end of the world, as we embrace it.

… Light a candle, light a motive, step down, step down
Watch your heel crush, crush, uh oh
This means no fear, cavalier, renegade and steering clear
A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline

… It's the end of the world as we know it ….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIdPPVkkHYs

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, W_A_R said:

Eerie strains of music drifts on the air.  Snatches of a melody, an indistinct vocal fades in and out.

It is familiar, your head slightly nods in time with a building rhythm.

Your hands and fingers try to snatch at the song. 

Your mouth is trying to imitate the cadence of the lyric to the gradually intensifying vocals.

It is on the tip of your tongue. 

That voice, you are trying to picture the lead singer in your mind….

…world serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed
Tell me with the Rapture and the reverent in the right, right
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam fight, bright light
Feeling pretty psyched

… It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine!

Greetings.  I am Sir W_A_R of Vijar, Knight XXI of the Order of the Black Rose. I am joined with Arminius of Festung Germania, Triumvir of Old Guard.

I think we may have met before. Our memories may fade but our home security cameras take damn good still shots of you meddling kids.

We have read the runes.  The prophesy has come to pass.

As the bard of the song suggests, it is the end of the world as the Order of the Black Rose and our friends in aging decrepitude, Old Guard know it, and we feel far better than fine. 

On behalf of the Knights Council of the Order of the Black Rose and the Council of Old Guard, hear us.

All great things come to a point where you think “It’s time”.  It is that time for Old Guard and the Order of Black Rose.  We see the ‘End of the World’. 

Fittingly Digiterra’s most exclusive retirement homes are allowing some of the old folk go on an outing before our time comes.

We are calling it the ‘Old Codgers’ Coalition’.  We had a banner made for it. I think it is knitted.

2PcNXhs.gif

This means that some of our memberships have been doubling up on their medications, and our general irascible nature needs an outlet.

As for the Black Rose, we like to think of the Black sphere as our home. It is in our name.  Needless to say, we are very, very, very disappointed with some of you.  We repeatedly asked you to “keep off our lawn” and you chose to reply with obscenities and a raised finger.  Eventually there would be consequences.

The nub of it is that we are tired of DOOM coming in and raiding our garden, stealing our fruit and vegetables, trampling our garden beds; Why they even stole our seat on the porch from where we looked over and cared for our yard, the Black sphere. We remember https://forums.cybernations.net/topic/133613-dbdc-announcement/#comment-3582035 with prejudice.

The ‘Old Codgers’ Coalition’ hereby declares war on DOOM.

We are tired of you showing us old folk disrespect.

0CNEu8J.jpg

Welcome to the end of the world, as we embrace it.

… Light a candle, light a motive, step down, step down
Watch your heel crush, crush, uh oh
This means no fear, cavalier, renegade and steering clear
A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline

… It's the end of the world as we know it ….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIdPPVkkHYs

Welcome to the battlefield and this is amazing! 

Welcome friends!  Enjoy the fun and exacting your doom on Doom!
@ArminiusIt's been great working with you all this last year! @W_A_R and the other OBR Knights, we are looking forward to working with you all going forward and getting to know you all just as well!

@firingline as soon as everyone gets reps from the DBDC raid/war year. Then we can talk reps for this war. Or wait, are they yet the same war?!  Also, see you at skribblio!

Just now, dev0win said:

@firingline as soon as everyone gets reps from the DBDC raid/war year. Then we can talk reps for this war. Or wait, are they yet the same war?!  Also, see you at skribblio!

Doom Squad has not raided OBR. However, after this war, we will on a regular basis.

Pick the time, I'll be there!

9 minutes ago, firingline said:

Bandwagoning has always carried severe consequences.

You'll be paying reps for a very long time.

Why hello, FL.

Did you read the announcement?  Comprehend it?

You seem to think that actions in the past are immune from consequence.  In fact, I feel you are shifting slightly uncomfortably in your seat.

Your threats are idle. Empty words from an empty vessel.  I suspect that there will be pain, probably for certain.  But that will be shared pain, and OBR has a high tolerance and threshold.  Others, not so much.