A Statement from Non Grata

Stewie

Flag_of_NG.png 

Hello Everyone,

Non Grata owes Johnny, Mochi, Cobra, and their allies an apology. The comment made by a member of Non Grata on this forum was not acceptable and in poor taste. It is an easy thing to try and rationalize when a mistake has been made. It is a much harder thing to take a step back and think about what happened and how it can be avoided moving forward. 

The comment was thoughtless and inappropriate. It crossed the line from in-game to a person’s real life. This is not acceptable. Trolling is often encouraged within our alliance, as I am sure you all know, OOC attacks are not. The member has apologized privately to Johnny and to Mochi via a message sent to Mochi in-game.

However, we felt it was important to reiterate that apology here as well. We are sorry this happened and the member who said it regrets his actions. He has been requested to edit his post but that does not take away the hurt that it caused. Johnny and Mochi, we are sincerely sorry for the comment that was made. 

Non Grata does not, and will not, support OOC attacks. This was a regrettable event and to help make sure it is not repeated we are sending a statement to each member of Non Grata outlining our policy on OOC attacks and making sure it is understood what is and what is not acceptable.

Cobra, you have our sincere apologies for the disrespect you were shown. I am sorry that our relationship has taken another step away from the close bonds we had in the past.  I hope we can find a common cause to unite behind once more in the future, whether it be via film nights or some Bob based crusade.

Johnny I am also sorry I didn’t read your DM to me this morning.  I’ll try and get in touch later on this evening to discuss your query.

Edited by Stewie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean this in the nicest, and least overtly hostile or threatening, way possible: NG, please kindly get your !@#$ together.

That said, taking responsibility and attempting to make amends does count for something in my opinion.

Thank you @Stewie for addressing this publicly. I realize this flared up quickly while you have limited access this week so taking the time to collect the information, wrangle all the various discussions, and presenting a formal apology for the event and clarification of what NG stands for is much appreciated and a great step towards preventing future crossing of lines.  Thank you for the rest of the NG team also whom helped step in to address this.

I can certainly appreciate Cobra's frustration and anger toward the situation. This won't just go away and nobody expects that. But I also want to recognize NG for taking action to address this and their efforts to prevent future incidents.  This type of event cannot continue to continually recur (on either side) or we will never get anywhere, so I look forward to working with both sides on continued improvement of relations in the future.

Let us learn from this and move forward and not backwards as a community.

Edited by dev0win

Stewie,

It takes a lot to issue an apology like this, and even more to do it time and time again. The character of an alliance is reflected in their actions and not in their words. I'm sure this is heart felt and well meaning, but Im also certain this won't be the last apology Non Grata issues for this particular reason. And I don't think anyone else believes differently. 

Sincerely, 

Joseph Muddog Black. 

I think everyone is well aware that CCC will stand by its convictions and principles above all else, including what may or may not be beneficial politically, and this situation is no different. What transpired a few days ago - bringing someone's OOC affairs IC - should not and cannot happen, no matter what may have transpired up until that point. I've made that point in private and will happily state it here.

With that being said, everyone makes mistakes. None is righteous; no, not one. What matters is how someone responds to that mistake - being willing to repent, take responsibility for their actions, and make any changes necessary to learn and be better going forward. This statement publicly reaffirms the ownership and responsibility that I've already seen NG take privately, and while it doesn't take away what happened, I commend them for doing the right thing now, and I'm looking forward to seeing NG take the steps outlined to ensure this doesn't happen again.

You have never been the problem, Stewie and to be absolutely fair, neither has been 95%+ of Non Grata. It's that remaining percentage ruining everything for everyone. Johnny's gone now. Unless he comes back, the damage is done. Big damage. Piggyback on what SW said. Get it together. You guys keep doing damage without firing a single shot, then play it nice and we end up looking like the bad guys for wanting to slap back IC. It's getting old.

It takes a lot of courage to own the mistakes that you make. I know that you are not personally responsible for what happened Stewie. I know that you can't control everything that every member of Non Grata says. But you stepping up, issuing a public apology, and taking control of the situation says a lot about you. It's no secret that I think that you are a good man. I like you. I may not agree with everything that you and NG does but that doesn't change the fact that I think that you are the best person to be leading NG. 

With all that being said, Kapleo is correct in his assessment. NG does keep doing damage and then try and play it nice once it backfires on y'all. The best thing that y'all can do is learn from the situation and move on. When I first found out about what had happened, I went and talked to Dane0 about it. I didn't want a repeat of what happened that caused the summit in the first place a few months ago. Thank you for posting this. 

This post is a great step and impressive leadership by Stewie.  COBRA's acceptance of this apology would be considered even more impressive.

The fact it sounds like there was a table to come to at all on this matter is a testament to cooler heads, deserved or not.

There's not much else I can add to this other than I am hoping for the best possible outcome from here for everyone (in all contexts), whatever that can look like at this point.  Take care and everyone get some rest tonight.

I have absolutely no idea of what was said, and TBH I don't have the time to care about it.

While I don't expect that anyone will agree IMO it needs to be said that, in abstract and general terms, alliances have no actual meaning in RL and they should not have a role in it. An alliance's representative posting an apology (or any other kind of statement) about an "OOC attack" is simply absurd in my eyes.

Please carry on.

Having been in a similar position where as a leader I had to deal with the fallout of a member's bigoted comments directed at others, I believe you've taken the right step here Stewie and I wish you all the best in moving Non Grata past this incident.

While it is good that you have issued a statement in regards to this, I do admit I am somewhat intrigued why have not divulged which member has done these actions because then we would know who it is, and it is possible they may have done actions like this in the past.

If you are truly sorry, it would make sense to disclose the name of this member publicly.

1 hour ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

While it is good that you have issued a statement in regards to this, I do admit I am somewhat intrigued why have not divulged which member has done these actions because then we would know who it is, and it is possible they may have done actions like this in the past.

If you are truly sorry, it would make sense to disclose the name of this member publicly.

The OOC discussion mentioned was done on these public forums and therefore it's not a secret.  No reason to restate the obvious.

Just now, dev0win said:

The OOC discussion mentioned was done on these public forums and therefore it's not a secret.  No reason to restate the obvious.

Then there should be no reason not to state who the individual or individual(s) were now.

I guess I could also ask the following question in which case:

Why isn't the member in question expelled and disbarred from Non Grata to set an example?

16 minutes ago, dev0win said:

Actually caustic and crink's posts were removed 

1 minute ago, Neo Uruk said:

Actually caustic and crink's posts were removed 

If this is indeed the case, why hasn't Non Grata said that themselves? Why would they be so resistant to list those who had engaged in actions which they are now apologetic about? At this point it is hearsay unless Non Grata disclose themselves who the exact individuals were, and if they don't, why they are shielding them from public scrutiny?

44 minutes ago, Knights of the Grail said:

The concept of collective guilt is disgusting.

*checks TIE war record* 

History seems to disagree with you. 

But the apology wasn't forced to my knowledge seems it was just offered up. 

Edited by Lucius Optimus